international buses from thailand.

qwuur

thai international bus with times/destination/price http://home.transport.co.th/th/time-table/443-international-route.html

farang highly likely to need pre-issued laos visa or they wont let you on the bus. coming back to thailand is no problem.

also there quite a few from hatyai to kl but they are malaysian so you need to look at malaysian bus sites.

Edited by qwuur

BKK - Vientiane very comfortable. 900 THB VIP salon 1-st floor, only 9 seats, small meal, 2 stops in Korat and Udon. Runs directly to border and driver will help entire group to quick pass immigration (yes, entire bus come to checkpoint not with main queue and fast). About LAO VISA I not sure, cos they ask only for passport at time when I bought ticket, and I can enter Lao free w/o VISA. Anyway, I recommend to tell driver you will not go with bus to Vientiane Bus station, and after Lao Border catch tuk-tuk or shared taxi directly to Consulate.

why would anyone want take the bus when u can take the train???

http://www.seat61.com/Laos.htm#Bangkok%20to%20Vientiane

second class sleeper ONLY 728 baht!!! to Nong khai than take the shuttle train the rest of the way for 30 baht

R train still running North ??

anyway a VIP Bus is far quicker, last train I took to C.M from BKK took 14 hours !!

Edited by ignis

11 hours and u get to sleep laying down or u can walk around, something u cant do on a bus

I have never been on Thai trains (not BTS/MRT), but I see the trains everyday outside my condo, marching down from Hua Lamphong. Gosh! The trains look old ... very old !

Do they have a special cabin where you can buy snacks on board ?

11 hours and u get to sleep laying down or u can walk around, something u cant do on a bus

I have never been on Thai trains (not BTS/MRT), but I see the trains everyday outside my condo, marching down from Hua Lamphong. Gosh! The trains look old ... very old !

Do they have a special cabin where you can buy snacks on board ?

some are old. long distance trains have a snack section but i never go to it. ppl come marching up and down the aisles selling stuff. best option is to stock up at 7-11 before you get on.

Edited by Tony Rabbott
  • Like 1

Why? because MOST of foreigners going to obtain new VISA-s in neighboring countries, not for sightseeing. And international buses eliminates changing of transports while perfectly arriving on time at borders and opening of consulates.

even still, it is only the illegal workers who are in a hurry