Thai Commerce Min expects over 70,000 business registrations this year

webfact

Commerce Min expects over 70,000 business registrations this year

PNECO560910001000301_10092013_010527.jpg

BANGKOK, 10 September 2013 (NNT) – The Commerce Minister is expecting to see more than 70,000 newly-opened businesses by the end of this year, thanks to the government’s mega-projects which will be the main factor in driving the Thai economy.

Deputy Commerce Minister Nattawut Saikua has disclosed that there were 6,330 businesses applying for registration in August, only 73 fewer than July's figure, but a 13 percent rise year-on-year. He said the August's registered capital amounted to 30.9 billion baht, 246 million baht higher than in the previous month.

The deputy minister also expects the number of newly-registered businesses to reach 70,000 by the end of this year, the highest ever since the establishment of the Department of Business Development (DBD). He added that 1,248 businesses closed down in August nationwide.

He further revealed that the top 3 businesses registered in August were in the construction, radio and television service, and real estate industries.

Although the Thai economy will not be as prosperous this year as it was last year, the government’s mega-projects including the 2.2 trillion baht infrastructure and the 350 billion baht water management will be the key to economic growth in the last 4 months of 2013, said the Deputy Minister.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-09-10 footer_n.gif

70,000 sounds like a very small number. if i had a dollar for every Thai business that starts and fails within 12 months i'd be a millionaire.

The absurd rents ,huge over heads ,day to day hassles ,personnal clashes and everyone chasing the same bag of satangs puts paid to most small businesses here .

Most of the seriously successful people inThailand are connected to Thai mafia,,small,medium large.

Alot of teenage boys never go to school because they come from mafia families. Hang out in uncles gambling den or even help out at the soi markets assembling the rented stalls late at night.

I wouldnt want to be a newbie farang coming here now and setting up a business with a Thai wife. She wont help. Farang will spend a fortune on rents,deposits even goodwill or key money- - thats a laugh.

A Thai friend wasnt able to get rent quotations on shops in Pattaya because the landlords only rented to farangs, I wonder why? LOL

A Thai wife knows the Thais will eat his money.... up to him.

• Like 1

Although the Thai economy will not be as prosperous this year as it was last year, the government’s mega-projects including the 2.2 trillion baht infrastructure and the 350 billion baht water management will be the key to economic growth in the last 4 months of 2013, said the Deputy Minister.

Are not these issues held up in the Constitutional Court? Another thing I am really not clear about. If/when they do get started on these projects. How is Govt officials and their buddies/family stealing money from the taxpayers, going to help the economy?

Edited by dcutman

Are not these issues held up in the Constitutional Court? Another thing I am really not clear about. How is Govt officials and their buddies/family stealing money from the taxpayers, going to help the economy?

It will help the auto section of the economy. New Benz, Jag, Bentleys..............

Are not these issues held up in the Constitutional Court? Another thing I am really not clear about. How is Govt officials and their buddies/family stealing money from the taxpayers, going to help the economy?

It will help the auto section of the economy. New Benz, Jag, Bentleys..............

Damn, I always forget about the 10 to 40 million baht cars. Thanks for the reminder, will be sure to include this exception next post.