Swim at Koh Sireh

phuketsub

Thanks HKT.

I would appreciate some feedback, since I did not have the chance to go there for a while. (I would like to place a geocache at that small beach.)

If you go up the hill from the gypsy village, there is a nice viewpoint to Phuket town which could be another good place to put a geocache. Take two boxes with you if you go there :)

• 2 weeks later...

I finally checked out the area today; the road down to the little beach is private land with a sign (Thai) reading Laem Nga Development Company. There is a closed gate about halfway down, with an unmanned security guard shack. I parked, walked over the gate, and walked a few hundred meters and almost got to the beach when I came across a pack of about 10 barking dogs and some pigs.

An old lady there told me the land was owned by a French guy, who chose to restrict access. [yes, I know foreigners can't own land, let alone restrict access to a beach]. There is a sign near the gate that says "open 6am close 6pm", but I got there well before 6pm and suspect it is closed all the time now.

I did find a way to the beach further south, however. Go to the Horizon villa estate and there is a little path though the woods that leads to a dirt road...It leads to a sandy beach with a big pier that does not appear on Google Maps, indicating that it was built after 2011. . I didn't have time to swim as it was getting dark, but that is the best spot I have found.