Four arrested in Bt12m marijuana bust in Songkhla

webfact

Four arrested in Bt12m marijuana bust in Songkhla
The Nation

30214668-01_big.jpg

SONGKHLA: -- Songkhla Governor Kritsada Boonraj yesterday announced the arrest of four men and the seizure from them of 600 kilograms of compressed bars of marijuana with a street value of Bt12 million.

The four men were believed to work for a drug ring that traffics cannabis from a neighbouring country through the Northeast for distribution to Malaysian dealers via Songkhla.

Lured into a sting operation, in which authorities posed as buyers of the marijuana, the four suspects showed up on September 10 at a local gas station in Songkhla's Rattaphum district to deliver the drugs and were nabbed along with the cannabis, which was hidden among vegetables in a six-wheel truck. They reportedly confessed to having been hired for Bt200,000 to deliver the cannabis.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-09-12

Thank God that vile poison will never hit the streets. jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

Really??? They've finally outlawed alcohol??? Good news!!!

As for the much safer substance of cannabis, do you really think the police are going to destroy all that potential cash? (Not the absurdly high street value of 200,000 per kilo (600 divided by 12 million) that they say) but still probably worth a million or so for the lot).

• Like 2

Thank God that vile poison will never hit the streets. jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

As for the much safer substance of cannabis, do you really think the police are going to destroy all that potential cash? (Not the absurdly high street value of 200,000 per kilo (600 divided by 12 million) that they say) but still probably worth a million or so for the lot).

Think you've got an extra zero in there.

600 divided by 12.000.000 =0.00005

guess you mean the other way around

600 divided by 12.000.000 =0.00005

guess you mean the other way around

LOL --- ya, not a good maths day, by any means.

I got these inverted, as you said, and I had an extra zero, as another poster said.

SO, it is 12,000,000 divided by 600, which equals 20,000 per kilo, and that's much more realistic.

Thank guys for pointing pointing out my blunders.

(Forgot to mention that not only is cannabis less harmful than alcohol, it actually offers medicinal benefits. Gawd, i wish people would take the time to learn the truth about the demonization of cannabis and stop believing the nonsense that's bee drummed into their minds.)

• Like 1

what vile poison?.

Indeed what vile poison ? Actually if you look at it with a clear open non brainwashed mind and look at the scientific facts you will see that marijuana is far less "vile and poisonous" than alcohol so quite amazing that alcohol is legal and marijuana is not. But hey don't blame me i do not make the laws just stating from facts that can be easily and properly found by searching honest reliable and responsibly factual internet sites. So many hang ups and misconceptions about marijuana AND alcohol. Best if you avoid both but alcohol in particular will damage your health far far more than ever marijuana will.

If you must use either of them (alcohol and marijuana) you really should use in strict moderation and then little if any harm will come to you nor will you get addicted either. However it is very easy to become life threateningly addicted to alcohol if you drink regularly past moderation levels; though marijuana is considered to be non-addictive it can become habit forming if taken to excess.

In Thailand do not forget though that marijuana IS still illegal rightly or wrongly. so you have been warned. Maybe one day Thailand will wake up and follow the more enlightened states in the USA where they have now I feel sensibly legalised it under normal strict licencing conditions similar to alcohol which incidentally also raises tax revenue too so that should be interesting food for thought for Thailand's tax revenue collectors hmm !!! Same with many other western nations where at least the use of marijuana has been decriminalised and police can concentrate their energies on busting the really dangerous hard drug pushers. It will and should still be illegal as it is now to sell any legalised drugs like alcohol and tobacco (and maybe in the future marijuana too) without a proper licence to do so of course and ensure that any proper tax revenue is paid on it. Less prohibition means less unsavoury criminal groups like the mafia who we all loathe.

Would agree with your "vile and poisonous" description 100% if we were referring to a Heroin or Cocaine bust. I am not advocating the illegal use of any drugs but just trying to make open minded factual points on this subject. Finally as I have always said it should never be illegal for any normal sane adult to take whatever they want in the private of their own home as that is entirely down to them and not for the state to nanny protect them. It should indeed though be always illegal to SELL and DEAL in any unlicensed and unauthorised drugs but never illegal to TAKE whatever you want as long as you are not then a danger to others in public places (same as current sensible drunk and disorderly laws or drink driving laws of course). Come on lets all wake up to some open minded common sense on this issue.

"Come on lets all wake up to some open minded common sense on this issue"

Wot, ere on TV? fat chance!

• Like 1