Is rape prevalent in Thailand?

RaysFan

If a BG agrees to provide sex for money, and the trick pays the money and and has sex with the BG, after which the trick beats the BG, it would still be a crime, but the sex was consensual, so shouldn't it then be more like assault?

Now if the trick refused to pay the the BG for providing the sex, them it is certainly rape, and the beating should have nothing to do with it.

Get a grip man, if the sex was provided with consent then it aint rape, as for not paying after the consentual event, if you'd have said it's on par with shoplifting I'd have left your post alone...rolleyes.gif

Actually, in most countries an agreement cannot be made if the agreement itself stipulates that either party breaks the law. It is not shoplifting neither are you violating a contractual agreement, therefore it is not a case of civil wrong.

Tricky, to say the least.

Edited by Forethat
  • Like 1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a BG agrees to provide sex for money, and the trick pays the money and and has sex with the BG, after which the trick beats the BG, it would still be a crime, but the sex was consensual, so shouldn't it then be more like assault?

Now if the trick refused to pay the the BG for providing the sex, them it is certainly rape, and the beating should have nothing to do with it.

Are you for real, so the guy go's with a girl for sex and doesn't pay her then you say "it is certainly rape"

Get a grip man, if the sex was provided with consent then it aint rape, as for not paying after the consentual event, if you'd have said it's on par with shoplifting I'd have left your post alone...rolleyes.gif

Read learn and understand the definition of rape.

Sorry MB1 you have this wrong.......I've seen the whole abstract of this but I can't find it again, here's the shortened version......

http://www.thailandlaw.org/rape-laws-in-thailand.html

or by taking advantage of her being in a condition where there is less resistance,

So you agree to pay a bar girl, she agrees to consensual sex, you don't pay her and????.............

So far on this thread we've had two worthless comments and two personal attacks. I'd be more impressed if you could bring a single figure or coherent argument to the table.

Drop the hypocrisy. Drop too the sad desire to fit in and be "liked".

In your own words: "just about every BG will be able to recount a story of where they had to flee a room as they were being brutalized".

So where are the stats? Where are the figures?

Have you met every BG in Thailand?

If so, has "just about every BG" in Thailand told you that she had to "flee a room" before "being brutalized"?

If you want to be taken seriously, try presenting yourself as someone worth taking seriously.

As you say: " I'd be more impressed if you could bring a single figure .... to the table."

So where are your own figures? You don't have any, do you? You're just trolling as usual.

Hmmmmm, have you had a bad day. You bought a Nissan or something like that. facepalm.gif .............................laugh.png

Yep. You're right and I'm wrong.

Actually, in most countries an agreement cannot be made if the agreement itself stipulates that either party breaks the law. It is not shoplifting neither are you violating a contractual agreement, therefore it is not a case of civil wrong.

Tricky, to say the least.

Tricky yes, so lets try and say "Taking a Pecuniary Advantage" which = a financial advantage that is dishonestly obtained by deception...

Those who say refusing to pay = rape are IMO barking way up the wrong tree and are so misguided or just trolling...

• Like 1

We have several neighbors who work in the adult entertainment zones as bar girls and it is very common among the punters who use bar girls. Although they do not classify it as "rape" as they are "purchasing" a product the acts committed on some of these girls would get the "johns" arrested in the majority of the Western countries.....the locals are far worse though.

Utter shit. If consent is given then it is not rape.

Please desist from posting such nonsense.

Single?

Perhaps knowing the laws of Thailand would help (in regards to "paying" for sex). My original comment in regards to women working in this area comes from several said women 8+ so I realize it is a very small sample group but their comments and discussions with them over the period of four years gives me a little more insight into gheir daily lives as prostitutes.

Their stories are at times very funny, heart wrenching and nauseating. The one arse who responded with the I bought her I can do what I want attitude ....... is what scares me most.

For me the second consent (and paying money does not equal consent it is a criminal offence) is withdrawn and the person does not stop his/her actions it is rape.

Prostitution Law Thailand

http://ilo-phuket.com/legal-documents/prostitution.html

I'm going for a walk, subjects like this depress me.

• Like 1

Are you for real, so the guy go's with a girl for sex and doesn't pay her then you say "it is certainly rape"

Sorry MB1 you have this wrong.......I've seen the whole abstract of this but I can't find it again, here's the shortened version......

or by taking advantage of her being in a condition where there is less resistance,

So you agree to pay a bar girl, she agrees to consensual sex, you don't pay her and????.............

So you agree to pay a bar girl, she agrees to consensual sex, you don't pay her and????....

And therein lies the difference between the Western mindset and the Thai mindset.

How many on here remember the following story,

http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/showthread.php?13240-Karaoke-singer-accuses-a-policeman-of-chopping-her-arm

Sorry I cant provide links, I remember reading it in the Thai Rath (no comments please) and the Thai attitude was one of, she is a prostitute, som nam na.

Sorry to be blunt, but those (of you) who ride into Soi Cowboy or elsewhere with their western mindset are on the wrong frequency to the normal Thai mindset.

• Like 1

It's NOT RAPE, it was consensual....See where I wrote " Pecuniary Advantage"

And whilst we are at it, try and give me one instance factual where a man was convicted of RAPE for refusing to pay a woman after having consensual sex in Thailand.????....

Edited by MB1

What if she enjoyed the sex and the guy don't pay. Would that also be rape?

@Blether...

I just wonder if it were to be the case that refusing to pay a woman after having consensual sex in Thailand and then refusing to pay the woman after the event were to become Thai law and be classed as RAPE, how many men do you think could be accused/ convicted after a woman cried rape because she wasn't happy with what a customer paid her, example, they agreed on 1000 baht and after the event she wants 3000 baht and the guy refuses to pay the 3000....

Anyway I still say it's a load of tosh saying refusing to pay a woman after consensual sex = RAPE...

That could mean taking advantage whilst under the influence of drink or drugs, it could mean a whole lot of things, but I don't think it mean that refusing to pay after consensual sex = RAPE

You can make your own definitions up as much as you like, so keep trying...coffee1.gif

Edited by MB1

If she enjoyed the sex, and agreed to wave payment, it would not be rape.

If a woman were walking down the street and a stranger grabbed her, forced her into the back of a van and banged her. If the victim has an orgasm, would it till be rape?

You telling me there's is a chance that I can claim she raped ME in case the sex is that good...?

You telling me there's is a chance that I can claim she raped ME in case the sex is that good...?

LOL.

If she don't stop after the third round you probably wished you could.

@Blether...

I just wonder if it were to be the case that refusing to pay a woman after having consensual sex in Thailand and then refusing to pay the woman after the event were to become Thai law and be classed as RAPE, how many men do you think could be accused/ convicted after a woman cried rape because she wasn't happy with what a customer paid her, example, they agreed on 1000 baht and after the event she wants 3000 baht and the guy refuses to pay the 3000....

Anyway I still say it's a load of tosh saying refusing to pay a woman after consensual sex = RAPE...

Even now, if a BG is unhappy with the amount of the payment after the dirty deed is done, there is nothing stopping her from claiming there was no agreement at all, and that the trick raped her.

LOL.

If she don't stop after the third round you probably wished you could.

In terms of the agreement in which there's a paying party, the other one would very much come across as a freeloader. Am I right or am I right?

"you cum and I'll freakin' charge you for the convenience"....!

Misleading a woman for sex counts as rape. That is why (in western countries), men can be convicted if they say "yes I have a condom on", and then it turns out they didn't. Agreeing to pay and then not paying is no different.

Rape is sex against the other person's will. The what if she liked it, what if she changed her mind, what if we were married, that shit doesn't matter.

Edited by razorramone
  • Like 1

Misleading a woman for sex counts as rape. That is why (in western countries), men can be convicted if they say "yes I have a condom on", and then it turns out they didn't. Agreeing to pay and then not paying is no different.

Rape is sex against the other person's will. The what if she liked it, what if she changed her mind, what if we were married, that shit doesn't matter.

Agreeing to pay and then not paying is no different.

So provide a link to this, or is it just your opinion.????

If she enjoyed the sex, and agreed to wave payment, it would not be rape.

If a woman were walking down the street and a stranger grabbed her, forced her into the back of a van and banged her. If the victim has an orgasm, would it till be rape?

Yes that would be rape because the victim did not consent to have sex.

In the case of the bg and customer she did consent to have sex, she had sex and after the fact get a disagreement about the price which is slightly different.

She's not a victim of forced sex but more a victim of somebody stealing her income.

I am sure rape in countries like india are way higher. I think malaysia has a higher rape count.

Actually since thailand is the most popular destination in south east asia and attracts all sorts of ppl worldwide i can say rapes that occur in thailand might have been committed by foreigners some on the locals, some on other foreigners.

Here's a thought for those saying that not paying a woman for consensual sex = RAPE.

So if it is rape, then what about a man who sleeps with a woman knowings she's rich and says that he's sleeping with her because he really likes her, but is only sleeping with her because he's a gold digger and expecting some kind of financial reward.

What about a man who sleeps with a woman after telling her he's single but in reality is married.

What about a policeman. going undercover for periods of time and sleeping with women who think he's a tree hugger or some other kind of activist when it's a ploy to infiltrate a political group

I'd say it's some kind of fraud, taking a pecuniary advantage but not rape IMO if it's consensual sex taking place even though some kind of fraud, lying has taken place.

RAPE is a very touchy subject and for those who do rape they deserve to pay for their crime but I'm not going to label someone a rapist for frauduently having consensual sex with a woman and demean the meaning of rape...

What are we going to do with Ladyboys who perform oral sex on a man and the man thinks it's a woman performing the act and then finds out it's a Ladyboy, what are we going to do with women who say their using contraception to get a man to have sex with them when he says he has no condom with him and she then gets pregnant.

People all over the world lie to have sex with women, same as women lie to men....

Lifes messy hey...

Edited by MB1