Has anyone took the bus from Bkk to Ubon

ryro88

You might get a bit of scenery in the morning , you will be well up the road by then , its pretty flat going but nice and green . The 24 is a normal single lane for much of the way turning into dual carriageway closer to the urban areas .

Thanks for the link mate ill check it out. Its Just the thought of 11 hours on a bus sounds awful lol.

Nakhonchai Air Bangkok/Ubon is 8 1/2 hours, and I go along with all the favourable comments for them after using them for many years.

They have their own bus terminal near Mochit; far better to catch the bus from there - less crowded and more comfortable. It helps to put you in a more positive frame of mind about the journey.

Sorry, but Bangkok to Ubon doesn't reveal a great deal of scenic beauty - but the stewardesses are nice!

Hope you have a nice journey.

Thanks for the link mate ill check it out. Its Just the thought of 11 hours on a bus sounds awful lol.

Nakhonchai Air Bangkok/Ubon is 8 1/2 hours, and I go along with all the favourable comments for them after using them for many years.

They have their own bus terminal near Mochit; far better to catch the bus from there - less crowded and more comfortable. It helps to put you in a more positive frame of mind about the journey.

Sorry, but Bangkok to Ubon doesn't reveal a great deal of scenic beauty - but the stewardesses are nice!

• Like 1

Yep, this service is NCA. thumbsup.gif

What about a train with air conditioner, sleeper, a train restaurant etc....?

Bangkok -Ubon around 11 hours

There's a special train, leaving Ubon around 3 pm,with a stewardess, no idea when they're driving to Ubon.

Any ideas? Looks fantastic to me. Just rode it from Ubon to Sisaket twice..-wai2.gif ,

Edited by sirchai

I also prefer the train verses a bus. But of course flying is number one.

Overnight sleeper in 2nd class is cheaper than first class bus. Can have some sleep verses sitting in a seat all night.

Another advantage is that you arrive/depart in the center of Bangkok. Underground walk to/from MRT.

You do need to buy tickets in advance because they sell out fast.

There no air conditioned sleepers to/from Ubon.

Edited by ubonjoe