'Banharn's mistress' rumour leads to legal complaint

webfact

There is always a problem when an older man sitting too close or having his arm on or behind a young girl. What are all those people thinking? Older guys can't have young girls as friends? If anyone have negative thought in anything it will becomes negative. saai.gif

You said it yourself. We have no idea whether it's true or not but yet the tabloids are on it due to a SINGLE innocent looking picture. And yet we still wonder about the defamation laws here.

I'm pretty sure Barnharn has a mistress or even mistresses. Sad to say, it's the Thai way. However, I think it's pretty unfair to spoil a young girl's reputation based on a single rather innocent looking picture. You may not like him or Thai politicians for that matter but using some girl to get at him is pretty nasty.

I don't agree with you at all. We have no idea if its true or not! When one is a celebrity there are always scandals, gossip, and rumours that you have to deal with. It is part of being a public figure. If you can't take the heat then don't jump into the fire. It is very common for Thai girls to have affairs with rich, older, and prestigious men. It is also common for rich, old, and prestigious Thai men to have affairs with younger Thai girls. True or not this is news for the tabloids not the main story on the morning news and a circus in the local police station!

Well this is hardly a picture of a great grand dad with his great grand daughter is it. 81 year old bloke hang out in Thailand with young girls for the conversation all the time huh?

There is always a problem when an older man sitting too close or having his arm on or behind a young girl. What are all those people thinking? Older guys can't have young girls as friends? If anyone have negative thought in anything it will becomes negative. saai.gif

Yeah. 80 year olds hang out with 20 year olds all the time.

I don't question the validity of the story. I question Thai law, Thai police, and this celebrity on how they handle stupid gossip and rumours. You don't see celebrities in North America running to the police whenever a tabloid writes an story about them. Nor do you see the police wasting valuable time on this crap.

I'm pretty sure Barnharn has a mistress or even mistresses. Sad to say, it's the Thai way. However, I think it's pretty unfair to spoil a young girl's reputation based on a single rather innocent looking picture. You may not like him or Thai politicians for that matter but using some girl to get at him is pretty nasty.

You miss the point her totally.

It is not using some young girl to get at him; it is using some old man to get at her that is pretty nasty.

envying some old man because he has "access" to a pretty young girl is nasty too laugh.png