How is the one tablet per child program going?

davejonesbkk

I have been looking into different types of tablets recently as my father is interested in getting a Microsoft Surface RT, this got me wondering about the one tablet per child program. I never really followed its progress that much really but I do read the main Thailand news section of this forum quite often and dont recall seeing it mentioned for a while, whats happened with it? How many have actually been issued and how successful has it been?

I was also wondering if anyone here have children or relatives or even in-laws that have been issued?

Local village school is still waiting for them to be issued.

It has had the wifi installed so maybe soon.

Wifi appears to be unsecure judging by the number of people sitting outside the school gate in the evening picking up the signal:-)

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My daughter has one. No internet.

Received it about 5 months ago. One month after getting it, it was recalled for some sort of update ????

On return a month later it was accompanied by a letter which said that NO additional programs, apps, pictures or games are to be installed.

The letter also said that it had to be returned at the end of this school year, or she could keep it and PAY for it !!!

As basic as it is, it has been a good learning tool for her. However, it will be going back next year and i will get her something slightly more up to date.