6 year old girl scarred for life after dog attack at North Pattaya construction site

webfact

Sad.

This is another case to counter the soppy outpourings of the 'poor soi dog brigade'. The vermin should be killed unless they are penned on their owners' land.

You so right. Stupid dog is minding its own business, a smart human goes to annoy it and its the dogs fault.

Smart at 6; poor kid! Or she must be some child prodigy eh?

It's the parent's fault of course, how could this little girl know any different?

No one is blaming the girl and it is indeed Sad she is hurt, but certain poster always without a fail blames the animal and always without a fail spurs hate to kill/poison the animals

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, parents should carry their children on their back like a backpack when they're are working to make a living facepalm.gif

Parents should take their kids to construction sites? Oh but wait if one can not afford to have a baby, how about NOT have one in the first place?!

dam_n, and there was me thinking that you lived here for longer than 3 weeks already and were a little knowledgeable about Thailand.

Let me give it a try. A 6 year old can even be 6 years and 11 months, so the baby probably was decided on about 8 years ago. In the past 8 years many things have happened in Thailand, and not for the better.

For example when I built my house 3 years ago, which was at the same time as the big floods, I had a sub contractor who had just lost everything he owned because of that disaster. So he was happy he could work and sleep at the construction site with his whole family, because the home he owned a few months earlier simply wasn't there anymore.smile.png

All the construction workers live at the construction site with all their possessions together with their children.

I guess the company doesn't pay for creches and kindergartens.wink.png

Sorry to say but who cares about your experience building and who cares about the excuses ?!

Construction site is not a place for a child of any age, it is up to parents to find a suitable solution .

There are many other jobs.

And if child gets hurt, no point pointing fingers at anyone as child should not have been there in the first place

it seems that the dog has more maternal instinct that the 6yr old's mother. Who leave a 6 yr old alone???? Would you say the same thing if the kid wandered off and into the street and got hit by a car? Whose fault would it be then?? If the parent cannot watch kid because they have to work then they need to have someone else watch her. Construction site you say maybe they should have left the kid with grandparents like the others do

The way I see it, lemoncake, is that you saw the word "dog" in the headline and we all know what went through your head next. You could hardly manage to tap the keys on your keyboard quick enough to get into this thread and spam it with one of your pathetic sonnets about your beloved soi dogs and their equality and "rights" with all living creatures.

It is apparent the way you think, because I called you out on it, and then you come back with this spam post and do it again. How did you put it about the article details of the little girls plight and condition... "drivel did you say? The matter about the girl is drivel, but the matter about the dam_n dog is of the sincerest concern to you?

So you spare the portion about the dam_n dog and call the rest of the article drivel.

Then you add insult to injury by equating my sense of morals and ethics regarding my child with those of a dog.

Then, for some reason, you realize that you are standing in a corner and insincerely say something along the lines of "Well, golly gee whiz, sure it is sad about the little girl". That is how it came across to me.

Brilliant, lemoncake!

Simply brilliant!

I'll excuse you for the slight about equating my sense of morals and ethics to those of a dam_n dog, but your malignant defense of illegitimate feral beasts, in spite of my child and that child, disgusts me to no end.

Again, sorry for not going through the whole drivel, but glad to see you know what went through my head.

Edited by lemoncake

You're right, parents should carry their children on their back like a backpack when they're are working to make a living facepalm.gif

Parents should take their kids to construction sites? Oh but wait if one can not afford to have a baby, how about NOT have one in the first place?!

dam_n, and there was me thinking that you lived here for longer than 3 weeks already and were a little knowledgeable about Thailand.

Let me give it a try. A 6 year old can even be 6 years and 11 months, so the baby probably was decided on about 8 years ago. In the past 8 years many things have happened in Thailand, and not for the better.

For example when I built my house 3 years ago, which was at the same time as the big floods, I had a sub contractor who had just lost everything he owned because of that disaster. So he was happy he could work and sleep at the construction site with his whole family, because the home he owned a few months earlier simply wasn't there anymore.smile.png

All the construction workers live at the construction site with all their possessions together with their children.

I guess the company doesn't pay for creches and kindergartens.wink.png

Sorry to say but who cares about your experience building and who cares about the excuses ?!

Construction site is not a place for a child of any age, it is up to parents to find a suitable solution .

There are many other jobs.

And if child gets hurt, no point pointing fingers at anyone as child should not have been there in the first place

Yeah! Yup! Uh huh! Got it! OK! Sure! No problem!

Blackman: maybe one day you will choose the wrong dog to poison and you will pay the ultimate price

What's the ultimate price? The owners of dogs that created havoc on our land muttered a few words and then shut up.

i was putting forward the suggestion that one day you might poison a dog where the owner takes you killing his dog a little more seriously than muttering a few words and shutting up

Blackman: maybe one day you will choose the wrong dog to poison and you will pay the ultimate price

What's the ultimate price? The owners of dogs that created havoc on our land muttered a few words and then shut up.

i was putting forward the suggestion that one day you might poison a dog where the owner takes you killing his dog a little more seriously than muttering a few words and shutting up

That's ridiculous.

Since we did the job once, dogs and their apparent owners have been very quiet.

My other option is to shoot them. That means getting up at the crack of dawn to see whether or not they breach our boundary. It's much easier to lay poison just inside our boundary lines and get a good night's sleep. Still, it's not happened for a while.

it seems that the dog has more maternal instinct that the 6yr old's mother. Who leave a 6 yr old alone???? Would you say the same thing if the kid wandered off and into the street and got hit by a car? Whose fault would it be then?? If the parent cannot watch kid because they have to work then they need to have someone else watch her. Construction site you say maybe they should have left the kid with grandparents like the others do

How well do you know Thailand?

That's ridiculous.

My other option is to shoot them. That means getting up at the crack of dawn to see whether or not they breach our boundary. It's much easier to lay poison just inside our boundary lines and get a good night's sleep. Still, it's not happened for a while.

ok keep thinking that no one will ever retaliate and sleep well

Sad.

This is another case to counter the soppy outpourings of the 'poor soi dog brigade'. The vermin should be killed unless they are penned on their owners' land.

You so right. Stupid dog is minding its own business, a smart human goes to annoy it and its the dogs fault.

Smart at 6; poor kid! Or she must be some child prodigy eh?

It's the parent's fault of course, how could this little girl know any different?

No one is blaming the girl and it is indeed Sad she is hurt, but certain poster always without a fail blames the animal and always without a fail spurs hate to kill/poison the animals

It's not about blaming the animal, it's about dealing with the curse of rabid, dangerous dogs roaming the streets, breeding and attacking human beings and their own animals. The solution is to either pen them or kill them.

That's ridiculous.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Our locals are not so interested in their dogs that they would retaliate with anything more than snide sideways comments followed by friendly reconciliation.

That's ridiculous.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Our locals are not so interested in their dogs that they would retaliate with anything more than snide sideways comments followed by friendly reconciliation.

you try to seem like you are not bothered but you are, thats why you introduced ''My other option is to shoot them'' into your argument

you want people to imagine you have a gun and its an intimated warning that should anyone think of retaliating against you that you have a weapon with which to defend yourself with

i am merely floating the suggestion that you thinking that you can do exactly as you please with other peoples property might have worked for you so far but one day someone might take objection to it

Blackman, you're way of the mark.

The gun is for protection at home and I was referring to shooting dogs that encroach. There is no possibility that anyone would retaliate by breaking into our home over a dog. You know that from what I wrote.

I respect the property of others but I respect my own property and animals more. The soi dogs (hardly 'property') haven't bothered me or my wife in the street so far but they have on our land. We once were caring for a lame dog for a friend. He nipped out one day and was savaged by the brute across the road. His back was ripped and bleeding. The brute's owner suggested that I take the dog to a vet. - at my expense, of course. That brute went too far when he forced his way through a hedge and used our chickens for breakfast.

It's common sense to protect yourself and yours against diseased, vicious and uncared for dogs. If the owners won't control them, then other can. We killed dogs on our land once and have had no problem from others since.

The gun is for protection at home and I was referring to shooting dogs that encroach. There is no possibility that anyone would retaliate by breaking into our home over a dog. You know that from what I wrote.

I respect the property of others but I respect my own property and animals more. The soi dogs (hardly 'property') haven't bothered me or my wife in the street so far but they have on our land. We once were caring for a lame dog for a friend. He nipped out one day and was savaged by the brute across the road. His back was ripped and bleeding. The brute's owner suggested that I take the dog to a vet. - at my expense, of course. That brute went too far when he forced his way through a hedge and used our chickens for breakfast.

It's common sense to protect yourself and yours against diseased, vicious and uncared for dogs. If the owners won't control them, then other can. We killed dogs on our land once and have had no problem from others since.

like i said, maybe it will happen to you one day

you cannot possibly categorically account for others thoughts and actions about losing a family member to a cowardly poisoner

you seem to think you are immune from retribution in a country where face seems to mean so much

but why would you think they would break into your home to get at you?

anybody seriously bent on revenge would serve the dish cold and get you in a quiet road when you least expect it

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

you cannot possibly categorically account for others thoughts and actions about losing a family member to a cowardly poisoner

you seem to think you are immune from retribution in a country where face seems to mean so much

anybody seriously bent on revenge would serve the dish cold and get you in a quiet road when you least expect it

Your lack of sympathy for the injured girl and preoccupation with what I do to protect me and mine is noted.

A sick and dangerous dog is a 'family member'? Take a step back and listen to yourself. As for poisoning and our other solution, do you suggest that I approach a dog having its meal at my expense and have a quiet chat with it? Do you suggest that I let it continue and return for more?

I don't think that they would break into my home for revenge. That's your suggestion and, it's seems, your wish.

I wonder how much time you have spent in Thailand and how much you have learned here. Only a fool would put up with the antics of vicious, diseased dogs the owners of which allow them to wander and terrorise the neighbourhood. We dealt with our problem ourselves and it's finished. Your wish that we suffer an attack from owners when all that we have done is protect what is ours is also noted.

Sad.

Your sentiments towards animals, lemoncake, cannot be debated.

It is not the "dog's fault", inasmuch as people being stupid enough to "let the tigers out of the cage". Moreover, it is a case of "you get what you asked for". You coming along and defending the dog is simply a rude way of saying "I told you so". I say "rude" because you are doing this in lieu of a child lying in a hospital who will bear scars and humiliation from other Thais for the remainder of her days. Just a suggestion, but if you wish for people to not view you as scum, then a little respect towards the little girl before announcing your passions for ferel animals would be in order.

But dogs do co-exist here with humans and those who appear human and walk upright and behave human most of the time.

Subsequently, dogs and humans will suffer and even die from the actions and behaviors of the others.

If you insist on implying that all living things are equal, and are to be treated equal, then I cannot imagine why you are berating Morden for exercising his right to express his disgust with the dog, his compassion for the little girl, yet in the same breathe defending the ferel dog for almost killing another living creature in its environment.

Are you being biased towards dogs and racist towards humans?

Are you suggesting that no action be taken?

Are you saying that feral animals in a human environment have no limitations on their behaviors, and that we are supposed to "step around them" at every given moment?

Are animals sacred to you, lemoncake, to the point that you did not even bother to express at least an ounce of something positive towards the "horrible little girl who was threatening the angelic bitch, who was protecting her illegitimate ferel spawn"?

Your psychology on this issue is convoluted and you do not play by any rules, it seems. That makes it easy for you to sit on the hill and cast down judgment, doesn't it?

I am merely amused and curious at your blind defense of one, and aggressions towards the other in this endeavor for a perfect world.

I do not mean to offend you, and I do understand that the parents are stupid, but the girl should not have had to pay the price for her stupid parents.

However, were the dog to have attacked, say, my son for no reason (and it does happen), and you were to be in my presence and spout of an insensitive and untimely defense of your beloved animal kingdom, then I assure you I would take it upon myself to impress upon your mind that human children are also sacred and have rights to be protected by parents just as much as those ferel puppies.

I do hope you understand, and don't cry to the mods over this disrespect and anger at your insensitive and untimely post.

Well said!

And nicely written too.

Your lack of sympathy for the injured girl and preoccupation with what I do to protect me and mine is noted.

A sick and dangerous dog is a 'family member'? Take a step back and listen to yourself. As for poisoning and our other solution, do you suggest that I approach a dog having its meal at my expense and have a quiet chat with it? Do you suggest that I let it continue and return for more?

I don't think that they would break into my home for revenge. That's your suggestion and, it's seems, your wish.

I wonder how much time you have spent in Thailand and how much you have learned here. Only a fool would put up with the antics of vicious, diseased dogs the owners of which allow them to wander and terrorise the neighbourhood. We dealt with our problem ourselves and it's finished. Your wish that we suffer an attack from owners when all that we have done is protect what is ours is also noted.

actually my number 2 post on this thread said '' i hope the girl recovers quickly with minimum scarring''

not at any time have i wished that someone would break into your home

i have been here well over 10 years but it does not make me any better or worse than you

i have learned enough to survive here this long with only a few incidents of note

i think you should take a step back and actually read whats been said by me in our exchanges

not at any time have i wished that you suffer an attack from anyone

i merely pointed out that it could happen to you and that you may unwittingly encounter someone who cares about a diseased and dangerous dog more than you think

the conclusions you have reached are unfounded and are empty suppositions that are not based on the facts to hand but your insecure imagination

it has been noted that you are prepared to manipulate the facts to defend yourself

It's not about blaming the animal, it's about dealing with the curse of rabid, dangerous dogs roaming the streets, breeding and attacking human beings and their own animals. The solution is to either pen them or kill them.

I assume you apply same logic to all "undesirables" and who ever you see as " dangerous"?

Edited by lemoncake

actually my number 2 post on this thread said '' i hope the girl recovers quickly with minimum scarring''

i have been here well over 10 years but it does not make me any better or worse than you

i have learned enough to survive here this long with only a few incidents of note

i think you should take a step back and actually read whats been said by me in our exchanges

i merely pointed out that it could happen to you and that you may unwittingly encounter someone who cares about a diseased and dangerous dog more than you think

the conclusions you have reached are unfounded and are empty suppositions that are not based on the facts to hand but your insecure imagination

it has been noted that you are prepared to manipulate the facts to defend yourself

Let's just agree to disagree.

I assume you apply same logic to all "undesirables" and who ever you see as " dangerous"?

Seems you don't understand that dogs are NOT humans and don't deserve to be treated as such.

If a dog attacks anyone it deserves to be put down. If the owners of the dog cannot, did not train it properly then that is their fault.

Humans have more right to be safe whilst out and about than do dogs.

• Like 1

What do you mean by that? This thread is about dangerous dogs and a young girl who has been scarred and may well have been killed.

Seems you don't understand that dogs are NOT humans and don't deserve to be treated as such.

If a dog attacks anyone it deserves to be put down. If the owners of the dog cannot, did not train it properly then that is their fault.

Quite so. The logic is quite simple.

Correct, and you can bet your balls it will not happen when you have a loaded gun at hand !

In my experience in Australia I found that most of the gun owners I knew spent all their spare time looking for and creating excuses for owning them.

Many of us lead a happy life without turning our homes into a fortress.

He who lives by the sword........................................................thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Let's just agree to disagree.

its gratifying that you have confirmed two things i had already thought about you:

1). you don't admit that you are wrong even when you are proved to be

2). you shy away from a fight when confronted

so my fight with you is over, Sunday lunch beckons and i have given enough of my valuable time to a cowardly dog poisoner

Edited by metisdead

Remind me again who made human to be superior ?

Some also seem to believe its perfectly acceptable to wipe out the entire specie for what ever reason.

In this case it is clear even to the biggest idiot little girl was in the wrong by approaching a mother dog.

It is also just as clear that little girl is not to blame and it is sad she got hurt , but she should not have been left unsupervised at all, let alone at construction site where there are dangers all over the place

What do you mean by that? This thread is about dangerous dogs and a young girl who has been scarred and may well have been killed.

Interesting answer , was not expecting anything different

No it is not !

If you read the op it is about a 6 year old girl who approached a dog with a litter of pups and was attacked, and regarding the dog -

"The new mother was understandably protective towards her newborn and is thought to have interpreted the child’s actions as a threat and proceeded to attack the girl who sustained a deep laceration to her cheek and cuts to both her arms."

It does not say the dog was dangerous, but that it was "understandably protective". Whoever wrote the story knows there is a difference. I am sure that the parents would have intervened if they knew the little girl's intentions.

You probably think the thread is about "dangerous dogs", but then again you sound like you are obsessed.

We just had a baby this week and I can only hope we are never in the position where we have to leave our son unsupervised at that age. My wife and I hope the little girl has a full recovery.