Whats with True Vision Sports today?

CMKiwi

Got the big screen up and ready at the shop today with a mind to bring a few punters in to watch some rugby. All seemed good until the kick off between NZ and South Africa, the commentary seemed to be over read by some Thai idiots that had no idea as to what happens in the game.

This continued for about 20 minutes...sound quality during this time was really crap.

It did spoil an otherwise good start to the game. I dont know if there were some complaints to TrueVision but at about the 20 minute mark, the Thai commentary ceased and normal service resumed. Thank god for that.

Not too impressed with them pulling that stunt..... how have you generally found True Visions service?

Yeah, they did the exact same thing with a live American Football (NFL) game being shown on ASN yesterday morning. Talking right over the top of the English commentary. Not sure why they didn't put it on the Thai audio track instead. Very annoying. Had to watch on mute.

-Mestizo

I was watching the start of the match and realized straight away the Thai over commentary and immediately emailed True.

And then as mentioned 20 minutes later it was gone. No idea if it was anything to do with the email but I have had rapid responses from them before if there was a problem.

Great game. And then the Puma's very nearly turned over the Aussies!

I was watching the start of the match and realized straight away the Thai over commentary and immediately emailed True.

And then as mentioned 20 minutes later it was gone. No idea if it was anything to do with the email but I have had rapid responses from them before if there was a problem.

i have often called..but waste of time basically..and emailed once only...no response no action taken.....will try next time to email them again....is this the correct one?

[email protected].

Thanks A

They've been having audio issues since the channel reorganisation. If you email them they do normally respond within 24 hours and, in Bangkok anyway, their customer service is 'not bad'. I would imagine they're getting lots of complaints about this and the other issues about the audio cutting out.

Yeah, they did the exact same thing with a live American Football (NFL) game being shown on ASN yesterday morning. Talking right over the top of the English commentary. Not sure why they didn't put it on the Thai audio track instead. Very annoying. Had to watch on mute.

-Mestizo

I seen that also. True Vision is getting worst. There program is off also. Program will say tennis but football or nascar would be showing. This has been happening a lot lately.

They've been having audio issues since the channel reorganisation. If you email them they do normally respond within 24 hours and, in Bangkok anyway, their customer service is 'not bad'. I would imagine they're getting lots of complaints about this and the other issues about the audio cutting out.

I hate it when they say "dear value customer" I want to puke.

i have often called..but waste of time basically..and emailed once only...no response no action taken.....will try next time to email them again....is this the correct one?

[email protected].

Thanks A

That's the one and just reference your account number.

• Like 1

It was horrible today, they were not showing the Red Sox/Yankees game! Overall it's not bad taking in consideration that we are in Thailand and I'm accept things just aren't going to be like I was use to in the West. When I moved here there was no NFL at all and now in HD so I'm glad for that.

The Red Sox/Yankee game was at 12 am here, I got up assuming it would be on and again disappointed value customer.

Disappointed that True/Fox aren't showing the Yankee game??? Give me a break! The Yankees are on practically every day even though they've done very little this (or rather nothing) season. How often have the Dodgers been on? Once. And only because they were playing the Red Sox. The east coast, AL bias is ridiculous.

Fortunately the Dodgers will be in the post-season and hopefully whip the asses of whichever AL team they come up against in the WS.

True is great for baseball, but needs to recognise that there is more to it than the bloody NYY. post-4641-1156693976.gifangry.gif

Edited by brewsterbudgen

The Red Sox/Yankee game was at 12 am here, I got up assuming it would be on and again disappointed value customer.

Disappointed that True/Fox aren't showing the Yankee game??? Give me a break! The Yankees are on practically every day even though they've done very little this (or rather nothing) season. How often have the Dodgers been on? Once. And only because they were playing the Red Sox. The east coast, AL bias is ridiculous.

Fortunately the Dodgers will be in the post-season and hopefully whip the asses of whichever AL team they come up against in the WS.

True is great for baseball, but needs to recognise that there is more to it than the bloody NYY. post-4641-1156693976.gif alt=post-4641-1156693976.gif>angry.gif alt=angry.gif>

Go Soxs

• Like 1

"Thai idiots that had no idea as to what happens in the game."

Not just the Thai people. 95% of the world I would guess have no clue to that game. So why you upset?

I only expect that the guy wearing the rubber shower hat is important in the game. smile.png

If they show any sport then I would expect that the person/people commentating (Is that a word?) on it have a pretty good understanding about the sport. It was obvious in this particular case that the Thai commentators didnt. Now I dont speak fluent Thai but when the use players names about 5 seconds after that player did something in the field of play, it becomes a bit annoying.

I for one would never commentate at a Muay Thai as I have very little knowledge of the rules and also know that there are far more suitably qualified people to do so.

This particular rugby game had very good English speaking commentators whom I have listened to on many occassions. They knew/know the rules (Possibly better then the French referee....but thats another story). My gripe (For want of a better word) is that the original commentators had their voices slightly muted while some Thai person spoke over the top of them. Very distracting and certainly not what Id call a professional way to do commentaries.

As I said before....glad the normal commentary resumed after 20 minutes and continued the same format with the Aussie vs Argentina game. In fact a Zimbabwe couple came into the shop asking about the games.... they were just passing and saw the Aussie team strip (Rugby jersey colours) and were happy to find a place 'closer to home' where they could watch some games without having to go into the city.

Win win for everyone in the end thumbsup.gif .... well maybe not for some city sports bars/pubs. facepalm.gif

Good sports, good coverage, cold beer and great company......life is good wai2.gif

Edited by CMKiwi

Watching a replay of Real Madrid and Villarreal right now on HD but in Thai. The same earlier today with the Barcelona replay. The replays I have seen previously have been in English. Another screw up ?facepalm.gif

Hmmmm maybe time to burst into print via email as suggested above. I would like to think that True Vision (HD or otherwise) wouldnt like to lose their foreign customers to the opposition. May have to check out the CTH service. whistling.gif

I'd sooner not watch any sport, than have to put up with Thai commentary or punditry. It's horrific, lack of knowledge and general look of a chicken staring head on into the lights of an on coming truck. At least that's what the 'manakin' who stands in between the two younger presenters on CTH reminds me of!

You didn't miss much it was a total mismatch. Except according to one judge, who I can only assume was Stevie Wonder.

You didn't miss much it was a total mismatch. Except according to one judge, who I can only assume was Stevie Wonder.

As it was a female judge I believe it was Little Stevie's wife, you know, the one he met on a blind date.

I had a lot of the screen being blank or pixalated etc. for a few seconds on many stations since they changed the channels once again

Watching a replay of Real Madrid and Villarreal right now on HD but in Thai. The same earlier today with the Barcelona replay. The replays I have seen previously have been in English. Another screw up ?facepalm.gif

My sports were in Thai, but I think it was because of the system update that probably reset the default. I used the remote to change audio and it was okay.

True Vision is not the only server having problems. WE TV screens Australian Network and for the past few weeks the TV program is right out of kilter with what appears on the screen. I've missed programs I had been looking forward too and finally got so pissed that I contacted Australian Network. The answer - WE is broadcasting the wrong signal, one meant for the Pacific Islands. I had wondered why I was watching cooking programs showing 100 ways to cook yams. WE has been told several times to switch to the Asian signal but to no avail. So it seems for now it is a matter of pass the karva and try and guess when the show you want to watch is being screened.

• Like 1

Yes, tried WETv and gave up on them in the end. I had a good laugh (Not at your expense mind) about all the cooking lessons you mentioned.

Maybe (due to the signal they are using) all the programmes are on island time too? Or perhaps the coconut aerial is not as good as the old pineapple one....chur bro! Perhaps all the cuzzies been stuffing wiff the viewing box coz they cant see from their beer crate lounge suite...

Just joking really. Know some damn fine folk back in the islands, great rugby players and they all know how to sink a few..... Fiji Bitter is one strong brew rolleyes.gif