Thief snatches 5,000 baht from 7-Eleven cash till

Lite Beer

Thief snatches 5,000 baht from 7-Eleven cash till
Phuket Gazette -

phuketnews_Police_at_the_scene_of_the_cr
Police at the scene of the crime. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: Police are searching for a snatch thief who stole 5,000 baht from a cash till at a 7-Eleven in Wichit late last night.

“The store's staffers looked very frightened when we arrived, ” said Wichit Police Superintendent Chaowalit Petchsripia.

“The thief was a dark-skinned man who looked about 20-to-30 years old. He was between 1.60 and 1.65 meters tall, and had short hair. He wore a long-sleeve white shirt and black trousers,” store employee Narumon Showsoongnern told the police.

Ms Narumon explained that there were no customers in the store at the time of the theft, and only three staff were present.

“I was at the cashier counter, one worker was checking stock, and the other one had just gone to the toilet,” she said.

“The thief pretended to be an ordinary customer. He put some bread on the counter and pulled out a 100-baht note. While I was taking care of the transaction, he swiftly snatched money from the open till and fled,” Ms Narumon said.

“I thought he might attack me, so I did not resist or shout for help. After he ran away, I called the police. However, I did not see his vehicle because I was too frightened to follow him,” she said.

No CCTV footage of the incident was recovered, as the camera was under maintenance, Lt Somboon Malai of the Wichit Police said.

“However, we will search for more witnesses and question them,” he said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Thief-snatches-5-000-baht-from-7-Eleven-cash-till-22248.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-09-14

at my local 7-11 I have noticed serveral occations a wallet (transperent and all) with a days taking on the counter when the booze/cigs are kept.

it's marked in big number the ammount of cash in it usually 130k - 170k Baht waiting for the 'secure' cash transfer to arrive.

what's the point of having time delay cash change system under the counter so they're not to much baht in the tills.... if all the cash is left in the open...

it's made me laugh on several occations, someone a lot more desperate than me, could take it and get few years wages in couple of minutes.

I am curious to why a small crime like this is newsworthy but so be it, the powers above have spoken! Anyways inside job for sure!

Excellent when something like this is still newsworthy.

yes, very much like small town America 30 years ago when there was nothing to report.

In Los Angeles today, all the petty crime reported all over in Thailand happens every minute in LA. And truly, people are shot to death VERY NIGHT and it does not make the news. There is nothing happening in Thailand at all.

I would think more gang banger die in South East LA than all the bombing down south combined. LAPD has a 10,000 person force with it own air force of 15 helicopters. It NEVER stops in Los Angeles.

I am curious to why a small crime like this is newsworthy but so be it, the powers above have spoken! Anyways inside job for sure!

Excellent when something like this is still newsworthy.

yes, very much like small town America 30 years ago when there was nothing to report.

In Los Angeles today, all the petty crime reported all over in Thailand happens every minute in LA. And truly, people are shot to death VERY NIGHT and it does not make the news. There is nothing happening in Thailand at all.

I would think more gang banger die in South East LA than all the bombing down south combined. LAPD has a 10,000 person force with it own air force of 15 helicopters. It NEVER stops in Los Angeles.

I read some where that East-LA has same number of schools today as there were in the 50's! Same story told that one of the latest bomber planes cost as much as building 5 schools plus running costs for few years! Could have been Michael Moore's documentary.

at my local 7-11 I have noticed serveral occations a wallet (transperent and all) with a days taking on the counter when the booze/cigs are kept.

it's marked in big number the ammount of cash in it usually 130k - 170k Baht waiting for the 'secure' cash transfer to arrive.

what's the point of having time delay cash change system under the counter so they're not to much baht in the tills.... if all the cash is left in the open...

it's made me laugh on several occations, someone a lot more desperate than me, could take it and get few years wages in couple of minutes.

Where was that 7-11 again?