Visiting Pattaya with kids please advice.

onvacation

I am coming with my 4 year old to Pattaya in Octber. How do I get from Pattaya airport to town?

What are the decent priced and kid friendly hotels in Pattaya?

Any hotel with kiddy pool?

What kind of activities are there for 4 years old.

How are the beaches? Clean? Calm? Crowded?

Areas that are appropriate for the kids?

What should I avoid? Things I shouldn't miss?

I have heard of croc farm, any kid friendly hotel by the farm?

Thanks a lot.

Khow Keow zoo is about 30 mins from town and is quite impressive. Also the Sheepfarm out by Siverlake is nice for kids. I know Holiday Inn has kiddie pool and kids play area and is right on Beach Road.

Down Satahip way is the Navy's sea turtle rescue station, which is fun for kids. Also aquariums in Rayong and Bangsean. There is also huge water park at Centara Mirage hotel...free for guests and probably a day use fee for visitors. There is Tuxedo magic show. And sure other stuff folks will add.

How do I get from Pattaya airport to town?

What do you mean by "Pattaya airport"? "Pattaya Airpark" or Utapao Rayong/Pattaya International Airport (UTP)? Only small private aircraft land at Pattaya Airpark. At Utapao International Airport (UTP), there's transportation available to Pattaya.

I find the OP's questions quite bizarre.

When I go on holiday, I research where I'm going beforehand.

If I had a young kid, I would make sure before I book that adequate hotel facilities and entertainment were available.

The beaches can be crowded with locals trying to sell you watches, pork-pie hats, T-shirts, tablecloths, breakfast dinner and supper. Hard to find clean beaches, and as for "calm" beaches? What is a "calm" beach?

You should avoid Jomtien Beach Rd at 4 a.m.

You shouldn't miss a good ladyboy show. Great entertainment.

And 1 question. Are you coming to Pattaya Airport by microlight ? cheesy.gif

As two posters have already pointed out, there are more than enough activities in Pattaya to keep young children entertained. I doubt if anywhere else in Thailand comes close. A lot of potential tourists don't realise this.

Pattaya has no airport (yet). Tourists arrive at Bangkok airport which is about 80 minutes drive away. Take a taxi to Pattaya, which will cost about $50.

Not to be negative, but be careful of Jelly Fish if going in the sea.

My daughter has been scarred for life after getting in a tangle with one in the sea at Jomtien Beach when she was 5.

Plenty of things to do in Pattaya for kids and adults alike, have a good time.

If I had a young kid, I would make sure before I book that adequate hotel facilities and entertainment were available.

The beaches can be crowded with locals trying to sell you watches, pork-pie hats, T-shirts, tablecloths, breakfast dinner and supper. Hard to find clean beaches, and as for "calm" beaches? What is a "calm" beach?

My cousin is flying to UTP on Bangkok airways.

My cousin is flying to UTP on Bangkok airways.

me too, and the US navy are flying there with 4 engine jets.

I would look into the Amari hotel and is located slightly off the main drag.

They have giant swimming pools. You can sit pool side and hang out with your child.

The UN estimates there are 28,000 sex workers in Pattaya.

A four year old will not comprehend the sex industry that will be all around them, so that should be OK.

Don't let your child out of your sight when you are in town.

The beach will be fine during the day, stay out of the water. Lots of interesting things to look for sale walking down the beach.

You can get a umbrella and chairs and sit next to the water all day. Order snacks and drinks. Nice breeze. Many people and tourists. Get off the beach after dark. It is OK to walk around till maybe 9 pm, then, after that (with a child) I would not do it.

With your child I would stay away from Soi 6, 7 and 8, and don't go to Walking Street.

I would look into the Amari hotel and is located slightly off the main drag.

They have giant swimming pools. You can sit pool side and hang out with your child.

The UN estimates there are 28,000 sex workers in Pattaya.

A four year old will not comprehend the sex industry that will be all around them, so that should be OK.

Don't let your child out of your sight when you are in town.

The beach will be fine during the day, stay out of the water. Lots of interesting things to look for sale walking down the beach.

You can get a umbrella and chairs and sit next to the water all day. Order snacks and drinks. Nice breeze. Many people and tourists. Get off the beach after dark. It is OK to walk around till maybe 9 pm, then, after that (with a child) I would not do it.

With your child I would stay away from Soi 6, 7 and 8, and don't go to Walking Street.

Yes I've met many a UN official conducting a count and survey of sex workers in the bars of pattaya...and the bars and brothels of Phnom Penh too.

As two posters have already pointed out, there are more than enough activities in Pattaya to keep young children entertained. I doubt if anywhere else in Thailand comes close. A lot of potential tourists don't realise this.

Pattaya has no airport (yet). Tourists arrive at Bangkok airport which is about 80 minutes drive away. Take a taxi to Pattaya, which will cost about $50.

More like 120 minutes. I've done it hundred times, even at 3:00 AM when there's literally 0 traffic, minimum is 2 hours whether via taxi or bus, direct from pattaya to airport terminal.

No one mentioning the poisoned sea water? There are dead fishes floating, as well as all kind of interesting stuff like empty shampoo bottles, smelly coconut leftovers, and so on.

If you attempt to swim in there be also aware of jellyfishes especially since the last four weeks, and get your stuff ready to run back to your room as you're likely to experience itching just after leaving the water!

Back in your room you'll notice that your towel and anything that got wet with sea water will smells like sewer: better head to the laundry right away!

• Like 1

More like 120 minutes. I've done it hundred times, even at 3:00 AM when there's literally 0 traffic, minimum is 2 hours whether via taxi or bus, direct from pattaya to airport terminal.

I regularly do it 1 hour and 12 minutes from Ban Chang, the days of 2 hours or 120 minutes are long gone.

• Like 1

I have two daughters, a bit older now ... We avoid the beaches in Pattaya,

they both seem to be getting bad rashes from the ohh so clean water.

I guess it also depends on your budget. Where do you plan to stay ? Both

Sheraton (South Pattaya) and Centara (North Pattaya) have kids friendly

facilities. Centara probably one of the better for families (if you don't mind

it expensive).

And as other have pointed out plenty of other things to do and see with kids,

even-though I would research all options carefully and make my own choices

for a 4 yo.

Good Luck,

luudee

Rubbish. From my house in Central Pattaya either by Taxi or driving myself takes no more than 1hr 20 mins.

To the 2nd poster please share details of these many other locations in Thailand that come close to Pattaya for kids activities.

I can't recommend swimming in the Pattaya beach. Its cleanliness is highly suspect. I won't even walk or wade in it. Jomtien beach is probably OK. I swim there when I am in town and have not had any problems. Wong Amat beach around the corner and north of Thailand was OK. Usually there are some other little tykes running around the Jomtien beach so your kids might have some interesting interactions. Not sure how to handle the usual situation of one kid steals one pail, other kid steals the little shovel, one kid steps on a sand castle etc. My limited Thai doesn't cover any of those situations!

There is a swimming pool on the roof of Mikes' shopping mall. It has some dolphins, giant mushroom fountain type of things and tends to be a lot of kids there. Might be worth going up to. I don't remember the prices but when we went a few years ago it was something like 60 baht a person?

I can't recommend swimming in the Pattaya beach. Its cleanliness is highly suspect. I won't even walk or wade in it. Jomtien beach is probably OK.

My previous post was actually referring to the Jomtien beach:

No one mentioning the poisoned sea water? There are dead fishes floating, as well as all kind of interesting stuff like empty shampoo bottles, smelly coconut leftovers, and so on.

If you attempt to swim in there be also aware of jellyfishes especially since the last four weeks, and get your stuff ready to run back to your room as you're likely to experience itching just after leaving the water!

Back in your room you'll notice that your towel and anything that got wet with sea water will smells like sewer: better head to the laundry right away!

When you go out, don't hold the hand bad etc in your hands. Some bad guys on motorbike will rob it away from you easily. Use the bags that can put cross your shoulder.

Wong Amat Beach (in Naklua area) is quite good. Quiet and clean. I see many tourists stay with their babies/kids. And on the street, there are many travel agents. You can easily book a one day trip to various kinds of places/activities including Tiger Zoo, Open Zoo, etc.

Good Luck!

Miniature golf at the bottom of Pattaya Kland and beach road. The lad might be old enough to handle that. I always thought that place was a possible gold mine if fixed up, especially if they get more families in Pattaya. I didn't even notice today if it is still there. Only my second day on this trip and still a bit groggy from the flight.