Pick-up truck crash kills 'dancing passengers'

webfact

At least they only killed themselves, that's a start. Would have been worse if they had taken some innocent bystanders with them. That's life though, 1 minute you are having a good time, then next you are a worm buffet.

"Toast" in the Thai case

It was raining heavily at the time of the accident, police added.

And the tree grew up faster than the driver could brake.

That doesn't look much like a tree to me. They usually have have branches not steel cables and pieces of iron bolted to them. There is also a body under the front of the truck.

Condolences to the families.

BANGKOK: -- An intoxicated driver crashed his pick-up truck into a tree as his passengers were dancing in the back, killing 4 people.

Seen this numerous times on highway 7. Song teow is absolutely packed to brimming with idiotic, drunken-in-appearance teenagers; rocking the truck up, down and sideways as the truck barrels along at speeds near 100 KPH. The truck is weaving in any lane at any given time they are seen by me and the missus. Been nearly hit once trying to get around them. Both of us are disgusted with the sight.

'Got nothing polite to say at all about these utter lunatics, but the song Highway to Hell comes to mind... literally.

I've been in Thailand too long. I feel no sympathy at all, just happy that they did not kill anybody else.

Agreed,but condolences to the family? NOT! Instead someone should go to them and verbally beat them down for bringing kids into the world and then not teaching them ANY sense of responsibility.

Used to have family here in this moo ban who had absolutely beautiful 14 yr old daughter. They had been letting her ride motorbike to school since she was 13. Very tall for her age, so looked older. I asked them one day if they loved their daughter, The were shocked that I would ask such a "stupid question". I told them, apparently they didn't, since they let her illegally ride a motorbike to school, AND do so without a helmet. They became indignant and I just walked away. Two weeks later daughter was crushed by cement truck. Parents were devastated, and swore they would sue the truck driver and company. When they said something to me and other neighbors, ranting about the fault of the truck driver, I quietly told them: "No, the persons to blame are those you see in the mirror, not the truck driver." Then just walked away. They moved about a month later.

If parents don't instill any sense, or sense of responsibility in their kids, then the only ones to blame when their idiot off springs get killed are the parents themselves.

• Like 1

Seems as though those "spirits" were at it again!

Those spirits sent the driver to an inactive POST.

This post is a bit insensitive I understand, and whatever they were up to they paid a big price for their happy hour. Sorry for the families of those affected, they will be the long term sufferers.

Edited by ginjag

I've been in Thailand too long. I feel no sympathy at all, just happy that they did not kill anybody else.

Agreed,but condolences to the family? NOT! Instead someone should go to them and verbally beat them down for bringing kids into the world and then not teaching them ANY sense of responsibility.

Used to have family here in this moo ban who had absolutely beautiful 14 yr old daughter. They had been letting her ride motorbike to school since she was 13. Very tall for her age, so looked older. I asked them one day if they loved their daughter, The were shocked that I would ask such a "stupid question". I told them, apparently they didn't, since they let her illegally ride a motorbike to school, AND do so without a helmet. They became indignant and I just walked away. Two weeks later daughter was crushed by cement truck. Parents were devastated, and swore they would sue the truck driver and company. When they said something to me and other neighbors, ranting about the fault of the truck driver, I quietly told them: "No, the persons to blame are those you see in the mirror, not the truck driver." Then just walked away. They moved about a month later.

If parents don't instill any sense, or sense of responsibility in their kids, then the only ones to blame when their idiot off springs get killed are the parents themselves.

No argument from me on anything you have written. There is no other race of people on the planet whose neurons are so scrambled.

And they demonstrate it every day without letup. You would think that they would be too embarrassed to look in the mirror.

Might me a Google translation problem. He got it translated to:

"" I'm driving in the rain""

I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feeling
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love

Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I'll walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Singing, singing in the rain

Dancing in the rain
Singing in the rain

Damned tree, just jumped out in front of them.

Guess you've never had a party and it never happened that somebody drove a car being drunk. And you're trying to make fun out of this sad accident.

I did drive drunk a few times and guess all I had was good luck. They obviously didn't. Condolences to their families and friends.

Hope they will rest in peace.-wai.gif

• Like 1

At least they only killed themselves, that's a start. Would have been worse if they had taken some innocent bystanders with them. That's life though, 1 minute you are having a good time, then next you are a worm buffet.

Well, and they died in a great mood at least, giving the fact that they have being heavily intoxicated.

Condolences to the relatives.

i encountered this type of behavior ''back in my village''...as the entire familly with kids and adults and grandparents,i was also in the back.i had the driver ( a cousin)stop and pull over and i got out and walked....is fun until someone gets hurt....then its hillarious.....NOT....

Well it will be a quiet evening at the Mensa society then.

Sad of course when young people lose their lives, but with such utter stupidity it's hard to be surprised.

Guess that's why in the western world we have rules to enforce that the public is not at risk for such Stupid behaviour, Death is a very hard punishment for this sort of act ,but lets face it there could have been your family or mine in the path. I hope Thailand will wake up one day and enforce their road rules, such a waste of life?

Sad of course when young people lose their lives, but with such utter stupidity it's hard to be surprised.

Guess that's why in the western world we have rules to enforce that the public is not at risk for such Stupid behaviour, Death is a very hard punishment for this sort of act ,but lets face it there could have been your family or mine in the path. I hope Thailand will wake up one day and enforce their road rules, such a waste of life?

Yep, it was the rain.

Why do they even bother to report this garbage . The police don,t enforce traffic rules .what do they expect?..

Why tell us all ?? ......so we can sneer at their absolute STUPID mentality. This country's a joke , we all know about the driving ability it's been more than well documented many, many times over........so what ? Mabey they should tell us ,police can,t do their jobs ,man drives absolutely drunks with unrestrained occupants hanging all over the exterior and inside of the car, crashes up a tree , they all live to see another day so they can kill and injure others later?

Seen a truck like this once, driving back to BKK from Nakhon Nayok.. Jawdroping experience.. Looked like a brothel on wheels..

I have also seen a few of those party trucks with mainly teens dancing and hanging from the back. It's madness. I believe they do it this way because they are to young to go to a proper venue to have fun.

Have you seen the Disco double decker Buses ....where everyone is out of their seats dancing to flashing lazer lights and loud Thai Noise whilst the bus is hurtling at 130km/h plus down the highway ...... Very sad and another tragedy just awaiting to happen!

Xxxxxx absolute lunacy and really ...no ones safe!

Edited by metisdead
Profanity
  • Like 1