Government fitness center?

KRS1

Does anyone know where the government fitness center is (with weight room) ? I have a thai friend that once told me there is a place that only charges 10 baht per day.

Cant find any info on google (thai and english) and its not the 700 year old stadium, they want 100 baht per session. The one in KSK is smelly.

thanks

It's at the Municipal Stadium. But there are numerous restrictions. I forget now but I think only open 16:00-20:00, closed weekends, there is a fee to join. Government employees take precedence. G/f was a member for a while about 3-4 years ago but gave up after going a few times and it was closed even during posted opening times.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How much for a lifetime membership??

No idea, but think the price quoted above is wrong, unless there is a discount for government. Somebody I know (not government employee) paid 1000B a year for the membership, and then 20B for each visit. No doubt still one of the cheaper gyms in town though, especially for the occasional visitor.

Same area, under the stadium seating,. has a much older gym charging 20B per visit for those without membership, though I can't really recommend it for anything but the price. I'm using it at the moment, after recently coming back from a long stint of work abroad, and finding that my great value-for-money lifetime membership to California Wow is of little use now. Hope to upgrade to a better gym than the one at the stadium, preferably with something other than dudes to look at too, but will need to look around a little first. I grew to like going to a gym in a big shopping mall, as it was quite timesaving for me on the many occasions when I also wanted to catch a movie, do some shopping, or eat. Would be great if somebody else took over the closed gym at Airport Plaza, but has obviously not happened yet.

Know Kuad Suan Kaew has/had a gym too, so will check out that too I guess, in addition to the combined swimmingpool/gym recommended nearby.

I was just having a joke at the expense of former WOW members but the gym not in KSK but the adjoining hotel is pretty good. Not any real hotties but a few luke warm ones if you really need to be distracted from your workout

The one at KSK is very dirty and smelly.

In the US you are asked to wipe down the equipment after use, at KSK it smells like a large pair of dirty socks.

Lol thats true. I used to go there when I first came to Cm as I didnt know better. I just needed a gym coz I can't do without it but that one is a f___in' mess.