Migration of Pattaya residents to Chiang Mai

whereyoufrom

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope...will never be - but all the people I have met in Chiang Mai who have moved from Pattaya or Phuket have never looked back and are glad they made the move.

They all say the same - the beach is only an hours flight away if you want it and most people I know go maybe twice a year for a beach holiday - and are - like me - glad to be back in Chiang Mai after a few days or weeks in "tourist" Thailand where everybody just sees you as a "white tourist" and tries to take advantage of you.

• Like 1

Just more people that are going to make it more difficult to get a visa extension appointment slot at Immigration and increasing the odds of getting an inhospitable farang neighbor.

Seems to me you have a self importance issue hey beetlejuice, what are you trying to say? are you trying to say that people from Pattaya are scum ?, seems that way to me. anyway never mind eh, I'm sure your important freinds in high places will look after you.

Pattaya bashing never ends....whistling.gif

If people want to move from Pattaya to Chang Mai for a change from Pattaya, who the hell are you to prejudge them, you don't even know them or maybe your BIB freinds have given you inside information...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

Edited by MB1

Just more people that are going to make it more difficult to get a visa extension appointment slot at Immigration and increasing the odds of getting an inhospitable farang neighbor.

Seems to me you have a self importance issue hey beetlejuice, what are you trying to say? are you trying to say that people from Pattaya are scum ?, seems that way to me. anyway never mind eh, I'm sure your important freinds in high places will look after you.

If people want to move from Pattaya to Chang Mai for a change from Pattaya, who the hell are you to prejudge them, you don't even know them or maybe your BIB freinds have given you inside information...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

Let's hope the Pattaya hordes heading up North don't bring their 24 hour partying ways with them.

Chaing Mai is a quite, tranquil place and Thailand's worst kept secret.

CCC

Let's hope the Pattaya hordes heading up North don't bring their 24 hour partying ways with them.

Chaing Mai is a quite, tranquil place and Thailand's worst kept secret.

CCC

So Pattaya's a 24 hour party pace hey Chitty, what you lot do in Chang Mai then with a name such as yours, chittychangchang, what's that then, the Chang Mai Conga?..Or do you just spend your days shi* faced on Cheap Chang...coffee1.gif

There'a a lot more to do in Pattaya than 24hr party but no point trying to teach the blind pre-judgemental Pattaya bashers of Chang Mai (not aimed at you personally), lets drop the Pattaya bashing hey, and stop pre-judging people, if people want to change and venture upto your tranquil place then let them, don't tar all with the same brush....rolleyes.gif

Not that you can stop them anyway, unless that guy I won't mention is as connected as he really thinks he is...w00t.gifw00t.gif

Edited by MB1
  • Like 1

Might be better asking the folk in the Pattaya forum -they come across as a contented bunch living normal lives well away from Central Pattaya's traffic and tourist hordes. More power to them.

Lot's of nice places to live in Pattaya, I think some people think it's just about soi 6, 7 and 8, bless em...laugh.png

• Like 2

No tip off from my BiB friends, but they maybe becoming a lot busier in the future.

I for one would not welcome the prospect of Chiang Mai becoming home to some of the Pattaya crowd, I think for obvious reasons and I bet that the majority of Chiang Mai expats feel the same way.

The main reason these people are suddenly finding Chiang Mai an attractive alternative to Pattaya is because they believe it is cheaper to live up here. Flooding Chiang Mai with wheeler, dealer foreigners of little wealth and dubvious backgrounds, would be of no benefit to the city, there are too many here already and it`s simply bad news.

@BJ

No tip off from my BiB friends, but they maybe becoming a lot busier in the future.

I for one would not welcome the prospect of Chiang Mai becoming home to some of the Pattaya crowd, I think for obvious reasons and I bet that the majority of Chiang Mai expats feel the same way.

The main reason these people are suddenly finding Chiang Mai an attractive alternative to Pattaya is because they believe it is cheaper to live up here. Flooding Chiang Mai with wheeler, dealer foreigners of little wealth and dubvious backgrounds, would be of no benefit to the city, there are too many here already and it`s simply bad news.

How do you know how wealthy people are ?, do you have access to their bank accounts, how do you know they have dubious backgrounds ?, jeez it must be fun having your crystal ball BJ, oh and your insider knowledge due to your connections..Walter Mitty springs to my mind but dream on...whistling.gif

Anyway BJ, whether you like it or not, there is not a lot you can do about it is there ?...

Fancy being worried about a little thing like longer queues at immigration due to an influx of newcomers from Pattaya.

I'd have thought that someone with your connections wouldn't have to make an appointment with Immigration to get a visa extension..Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more hey...laugh.png .

I'm pretty sure there are some really nice people in Chang Mai, infact I'll say the majority are probably nice people but if I ever come to Chang Mai I hope I never bump into you, I get bored quite easily and I've met enough people in Pattaya who say they have connections in high places, don't want to meet anymore now, do I...bah.gif

Pattaya bashing well and truly alive.....

Edited by MB1

nope...will never be - but all the people I have met in Chiang Mai who have moved from Pattaya or Phuket have never looked back and are glad they made the move.

They all say the same - the beach is only an hours flight away if you want it and most people I know go maybe twice a year for a beach holiday - and are - like me - glad to be back in Chiang Mai after a few days or weeks in "tourist" Thailand where everybody just sees you as a "white tourist" and tries to take advantage of you.

I doubt the poluted, crowded beaches are their reasons for residing/visiting Pattaya.

CCC

Edited by Chittychangchang
  • Like 1

There isnt anything special about Chiang Mai, quite a boring place really. Food is dreadful, mosquitos the size of birds, traffic is hell on earth. Its expensive. Did I mention it was boring. Why would anyone from Pattaya want to come and live in Chiang Mai. Bangkok is far more suitable place and nearer too. Leave Chiang Mai alone, give it a miss. Nothing really there. Your not wanted . . . get it.

There isnt anything special about Chiang Mai, quite a boring place really. Food is dreadful, mosquitos the size of birds, traffic is hell on earth. Its expensive. Did I mention it was boring. Why would anyone from Pattaya want to come and live in Chiang Mai. Bangkok is far more suitable place and nearer too. Leave Chiang Mai alone, give it a miss. Nothing really there. Your not wanted . . . get it.

If you keep that up I could get to like you. :)

Tell me my worst nightmares are not comming true, what's wrong with them moving to Buriram instead, it should be mandatory.

As welcoming as we are here in beautiful Buriram, the Government cap on Thai / Western population ratio has already been reached for the Provence.

Sorry, we are all full up.

I did hear there are a few spots available slightly to the south of Pattaya in a liked name place called Pattani whistling.gif

Tell me my worst nightmares are not comming true, what's wrong with them moving to Buriram instead, it should be mandatory.

As welcoming as we are here in beautiful Buriram, the Government cap on Thai / Western population ratio has already been reached for the Provence.

Sorry, we are all full up.

I did hear there are a few spots available slightly to the south of Pattaya in a liked name place called Pattani whistling.gif

I think you've nailed it, I'll get some large posters made up for display on soi 6. laugh.png

• Like 1

I guess only people with great wealth and cleanest backgrounds living in Chiang Mai ( as its cheaper)

• Like 1

Pattaya has always been too hot and humid for my taste. I much prefer the climate in the Philippines, for example. So for that alone I wouldnt mind moving from Jomtien to the north of Thailand.

But my main reasons for moving from Pattaya would not be the weather or the partying (not much of that here in Jomtien) but the traffic and the omnipresent Russians.

@BJ

How do you know how wealthy people are ?, do you have access to their bank accounts, how do you know they have dubious backgrounds ?, jeez it must be fun having your crystal ball BJ, oh and your insider knowledge due to your connections..Walter Mitty springs to my mind but dream on...whistling.gif

Anyway BJ, whether you like it or not, there is not a lot you can do about it is there ?...

Fancy being worried about a little thing like longer queues at immigration due to an influx of newcomers from Pattaya.

I'd have thought that someone with your connections wouldn't have to make an appointment with Immigration to get a visa extension..Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more hey...laugh.png .

I'm pretty sure there are some really nice people in Chang Mai, infact I'll say the majority are probably nice people but if I ever come to Chang Mai I hope I never bump into you, I get bored quite easily and I've met enough people in Pattaya who say they have connections in high places, don't want to meet anymore now, do I...bah.gif

Keep this up and I`ll start thinking you don`t like me.

You forgot our beautiful and historic moat....with rats the size of rottweilers and the cholera-infested water. (If you want verification of the latter, just ask theblether: his tale of woe would bring a tear to a glass eye). head south. Far, far south. It's much safer there.

• Like 2

@BJ

Keep this up and I`ll start thinking you don`t like me.

Now your learning , maybe all the time you've spent with your connections with people in the BIB have turned you into some kind of Sherlock..

I can't really say I don't like you because I don't know you but what you've wrote on this thread with regards to people of Pattaya makes me kinda think your some one who thinks he's above everyone else and some kind of pre-judgemental misguided wannabe snob.

I really should'nt take the bait BJ and waste my enery with my fingers typing a reply to you but I just can't help it...

Anyway keep up the good work with the Pattaya bashing, you might make people think twice about relocating, now that would make you happy hey...

Have a nice day and take it easy on the Chang, it'ts going up in price..coffee1.gif

There is nothing special about Chiang Mai,and with the heavy pollution,maybe thats why some of the expats have a head the size of a melon.

Or a head the size of a 500 baht cabbage, no names no pack drill hey...But if the cap fits he can wear it...

By the way Somtampet, remark not directed at you..wai.gif