Heavyweight boxing legend Ken Norton dies at 70

webfact

Heavyweight boxing legend Ken Norton dies at 70

LAS VEGAS: -- Former US heavyweight boxing champion Ken Norton, who beat Muhammad Ali, has died at the age of 70, his son says.

Norton, who had been in poor health following a series of strokes, died at a care facility in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Norton broke Ali's jaw in their first bout in San Diego, California, in 1973, which Norton won.

In their last meeting on September 1976 at New York's Yankee Stadium, Ali won a narrow and controversial decision to retain the heavyweight title.

"I'm sure he's in heaven now with all the great fighters," Gene Kilroy, Ali's former business manager, told the Associated Press news agency. "I'd like to hear that conversation."

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24155378

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2013-09-19

About 10 years ago he sold memberships to his gyms and bailed on the new/old members. Got kicked out of a wealthy estate for his family burgling all the fancy homes in the gate guarded community too.

Mike Tyson, now there is a man of changed and decent character. To change and overcome one's self is his case in study!

About 10 years ago he sold memberships to his gyms and bailed on the new/old members. Got kicked out of a wealthy estate for his family burgling all the fancy homes in the gate guarded community too.

Mike Tyson, now there is a man of changed and decent character. To change and overcome one's self is his case in study!

No doubt only praise will follow your demise, bud.

Norton was a great fighter, in the days when boxers didn't bite each other.

• Like 2

I wonder if an autopsy will be conducted, if not to determine the cause of death, then for sports science research.

All those blunt wacks to the head surely caused trauma to his brain, and maybe contributed to the strokes.

Still, he did well to reach the grand old age of 70 before hitting the canvas. I can only hope.

RIP great man.

Have you got a source of the accusation above, I can't find any references to any burgling on his or anyone associated to him's acount or anything about selling memberships to a gym.........

I agree with the snip on Mike Tyson, but Kenny Norton was a great fighter and a true gentleman, along side George Foreman (a little quirky naming all seven sns George, but all around grat guy nonetheless.wink.png