The Things You Wont Miss

donna

I can almost see the thread as "someone" (don't want this to be personal) leaves Phuket

Things I won't miss about Phuket ...

The need to travel anywhere to get a decent meal ...

The constant running out of water to shower, bathe, do laundry etc

The Rats! (Sorry Micky)

Soi Dogs? did someone mention Soi Dogs?

Snakes ants lizards geckos etc

Construction noise and dirt

Touts!

The constant thought that I am a tourist and will pay what they do!

etc etc

Welcome to Thailand!

(Yes I love it here! .. just part of the total package!)

But probably no thatched roofs! YEAY!

OK, scores out of 10 for each item - 10 being "I really won't miss this", 1 being "It doesn't bother me at all":

I can almost see the thread as "someone" (don't want this to be personal) leaves Phuket

The need to travel anywhere to get a decent meal - 2: g/f's a good cook!

The constant running out of water to shower, bathe, do laundry etc - currently 9, but am getting 4,000 litre+ tanks installed :o

The Rats! (Sorry Micky) - 0

Soi Dogs? did someone mention Soi Dogs? - 0, but if next door's cats poo in my garden again....

Snakes ants lizards geckos etc - 0, 7, 2, 2: frigging ants!!

Construction noise and dirt - 2 'cause I'm in a "developed" area

Touts! - 1: only problem at Big C... "Taxi?" My response: "Mii rot leaw krap!" sometimes gets a "Krap phom", which is nice!

The constant thought that I am a tourist and will pay what they do! - 9.999 :D :D :D

etc etc

Welcome to Thailand!

ThaiPauly: its not so hellish. the island is beautiful. im just too lonely living here alone and i have no time to go out and meet other people. i need a social outlet.

Goldenbeard: ive found a great little place on the border of rawai and chalong.

Yenners: no worries. i am sure i will be happy there (if thats aimed at me - not sure). im not really a whinger.

ok...just to add to what happens down here.....a few nights ago, there was a noise in a box which was strongly suspected to be a rat. so the next night i go to look inside the box to see what going on there.....well...this rat had chosen to eat only the most expensive of my shoes! work shoes, going out shoes, the lot. and this little prick of a rat even ate a buckle! what the heck is it gonna do with a buckle i ask?

but, its nearly time to pack up. although i will really miss this place, its time for my next adventure. after reading some posts on this forum, i think its the rat eating snakes i need to watch next.....oh joy!

(this is all true, but also said with tongue firmly in cheek - i have to take the piss out of myself at times)

The need to travel anywhere to get a decent meal ...

The constant running out of water to shower, bathe, do laundry etc

The Rats! (Sorry Micky)

Soi Dogs? did someone mention Soi Dogs?

Snakes ants lizards geckos etc

Construction noise and dirt

Touts!

The constant thought that I am a tourist and will pay what they do!

etc etc

Welcome to Thailand!

Gotta agree here that nowhere is perfect.......... in my idyllic jungle corner of Phuket I have:

- a cheeky squirrel that runs riot through my house and even bit my finger when I told him off :D

- a lady native rat who has babies in my wardrobe when I'm not looking :D

- termites eating all the woodwork :D

- ants that leave dirtmounds on my tiled floors ten times a day :D

- wrestling matches with centipedes in my bathroom :D

- squillions of unidentified spider species that pop in for campus parties :o ....

And that's before I even leave home........ otherwise, life is cool on Phuket - the island that is connected to the mainland Kingdom by a very short bridge!!! :D

Wow you are very brave girls.

Last time I went to Ko Lanta I had the "brilliant" idea to rent a bungalow on a secluded beach ala "cast away".

Great during the day, but at night.... :D

man it was a nightmare, I swear I've never seen cockraches like those ,not even in central America.

Big, fat, on steroid freaking beasts :D and they liked my bed a lot :o

Then there was a gigantic sort of grassopher, which made a strong ear-piercing sound all night...aww.

One thing I really miss though, there was a monkey. Gee I can tell you I was letterally in love with that funny creature.

If you think dogs have human eyes...

She had a passion to pull the hair off my legs :D she was focused like a doctor during an operation,I think she was grooming me.

Then we used to go for a swim, she was on my back like a child and... surprise surprise... she could dive..lol. Open eyes under water...aaah unforgettable experience.

That was fun :D

Edited by KhunMarco

just this week i have had:

a bat flying in and out of my room on a regular basis

birds in the rafters in my bedroom

a spider jump out of my jim jams

a frog in my jeans

cockroaches in everything

a rat in the roof (again)

a stray cat on the balcony

but im not complaining about it. just commenting.