What kind of oils filter is this?

Shurup

When I got my Yamaha WR450 years back from my buddy, he had a lot of upgrades and modifications done on it, I couldn't even remember everything he had done so at the 1st oil change I discovered this filter.

post-111234-13796664874681_thumb.jpg

I replaced it with k&n filter but kept this meaning to ask someone.

Its been in the shed for years and I was going through some stuff today and found this.

Still looks shiny and new, it made of some sort of steel mesh, looks like a high flow performance filter of some sort.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It is probably a Pure Power Lifetime Oil Filter, which is high end and expensive. They get great reviews. Supposedly increases horse power because of less flow restriction (I doubt the HP claim) and filters the oil better that disposables. I have one and like it. It is a pain in the ass to clean, but keeping a clean oil filter is more important than changing oil - especially if you use 100% synthetic. With this filter, you can clean it often and save on oil (synthetic does not break down like mineral oil). You can see it at this link: http://gopurepower.com/ You can Google for reviews.