Visa For A Dutch Guy Age 32

I am wondering what kind of visa i can take. I rent a small house with my thai gf. So far i have been using tourist visa's. Is there an other visa i could get one that is for 90 days ? I might start to study Thai at a school will that help.

I do have some income from some websites and some money because i sold my home in Holland but not the 3 million they are talking about. Besides i still need that money because the websites are not making enough.. just yet.

I also read that i can extend my tourist visa for that is now 60 days with 30 days at immigration. Do i have to do that near the end of that period or can i already do it now ?. And is there an immigration office in Bangkok (airport maybe ?)

Edited by robblok

You can extend your entry 30 days on a 60 day tourist visa at any immigration office by paying 1,900 baht and filling out a TM.47 form with photos (4x6cm). You are not eligible for a non immigrant visa providing stay of 90 days unless you upgrade your relationship to married. :o

Extension should be at the end of your 60 day stay and in Bangkok it is done at Soi Suan Plu

map.gif

VISA run every 30 days.

you can extend your VISA to 60 days, the cost is same as VISA run from BKK.

Isnt it worth it going to penang and getting a tripple 60 days tourist visa ? Instead of the normal free visa and doing that everymonth ?

You can extend your entry 30 days on a 60 day tourist visa at any immigration office by paying 1,900 baht and filling out a TM.47 form with photos (4x6cm). You are not eligible for a non immigrant visa providing stay of 90 days unless you upgrade your relationship to married. :o

When you get married you still need the 400.000 in the bank ? Getting married is not a real big problem. (we wont do it right now but maybe in the future). I can get a tripple tourist visa at penang ? and then get and extend that one everytime at the end of the 60days (so going out of thailand every 90 days ?) or is that not a good option or a too expensive option ?

The 3 tourist is your best option now. If married you would qualify for a non immigrant O visa and you might be able to get that in the multi entry version which would hold you for up to 15 months with 90 day exits. The 400k is required to extend for one year at a time without leaving the country (support Thai wife) and should be your long term goal.

Thanks a lot for the information. I still dont need to go for a new visa (i do have to extend my current one around 20may. But is is better to know ahead then to find things i had not counted on.

What is the price of a tourist visa anyway. I have the feeling it is more expensive then in europe. I payed for a 3 entry tourist visa round 90 euros 4600 bath or so.

You can extend your entry 30 days on a 60 day tourist visa at any immigration office by paying 1,900 baht and filling out a TM.47 form

Do not mean to be pedantic by pointing out a typo, but I think lop meant a TM.7 form. :o