Where can I buy a Audio Cassette-Tape player? (Bangkok)

easybullet3

I have lots of old music tapes (audio) that I want to play and transfer to my computer.

Does anyone know where I can get a decent tape player? (not some old broken thing that will add noise to my existing recordings).

if anyone has anything for sale or to rent or borrow, I would appreciate it.

I am in BANGKOK.

otherwise,, if anyone saw any shop that sells them... please tell me ;)

Thank you

You certainly need some cassette player to play your tapes,if you like them,original prerecorded?or your recordings?

You certainly do not need any player to transfer your music to your comp.

You can find all your music in internet and download.I believe,that you know all titles and names?

You will get CD/digital quality.Quality of your recordings....Dolby?...bygone era of hi-fi.

Your comp can automatically search net for your favourites and catch/record from internet radios broadcast.

This is legal thing.If your tapes are prerecorded,then everything is legal.

Buy some good walkman for listening with good headphones,or buy good quality stereo with cassette drive.

You certainly need some cassette player to play your tapes,if you like them,original prerecorded?or your recordings?

You can find all your music in internet and download.I believe,that you know all titles and names?

You will get CD/digital quality.Quality of your recordings....Dolby?...bygone era of hi-fi.

Your comp can automatically search net for your favourites and catch/record from internet radios broadcast.

This is legal thing.If your tapes are prerecorded,then everything is legal.

Buy some good walkman for listening with good headphones,or buy good quality stereo with cassette drive.

What you cannot do V'latte is to copy live concerts from radio, esp. those you have already edited , and which are ireplaceable. Thats one reason why a decent cassette player is needed before transferring a cassette recording on to a digital source.

Anyone know where you can get a decent cassette player that works in Chiang Mai?

Edited by Hugh Jarse

post-168382-0-44854600-1380153145_thumb.post-168382-0-41329600-1380153364_thumb.I know one very good shop with tons of old electronics,all with very modest price stickers but ...in another coutry:MD devices,mixers with cassette recorder,cassettte drives..

I have seen contemporary devices,which you may find in your local shops;

"Cassette To Mp3 Copy" and "Video/Audio Grabber"

The first item will do the job without comp.Is it decent?- you have to try!price is very decent:about 1000Baht.

attachicon.gifDSC007721.JPGattachicon.gifDSC007681.JPGI know one very good shop with tons of old electronics,all with very modest price stickers but ...in another coutry:MD devices,mixers with cassette recorder,cassettte drives..

I have seen contemporary devices,which you may find in your local shops;

"Cassette To Mp3 Copy" and "Video/Audio Grabber"

The first item will do the job without comp.Is it decent?- you have to try!price is very decent:about 1000Baht.

Actually, I already have an Audio converter.. its called: Behringer UCA202 (U-CONTROL)

the tape deck or tape player or walkman output connects (by wire) to the phono-input of the Behringer UCA202, which has a USB output to any computer.

then you can use the free Audacity Software to record the Audio to the computer. (and clean up or add volume to the recording).

so, basically, I just need a good tape player or decent walkman (as I have everything else).

PS: the cheap $20 or $30 "all-in-one" Tape>USB converters are awful! They have hiss and are extremely low quality. so thats why I bought the Behringer UCA202 (I bought it online ebay/amazon, etc)

Thanks for your advice, but its actually not music.

(had it been music, I would not have cared)

but its personal voice recordings and stuff from when I was young. the kind of things that will be happy memories... hence I need to do this job correctly.

I have to admit I am with the download group

IMHO audio tape was never that good, and throw in a generous helping of mould on the tape surface

you are not going to be happy with the sound quality.

Assume you have desktop PC with the necessary connections on the sound card?

I don't think you will be able to connect the player to a laptop.