Leading candidate as Phuket’s new top cop 'open to all'

webfact

Leading candidate as Phuket’s new top cop 'open to all'
Phuket Gazette

cop.jpg
Maj Gen Ong-art Phiewruangnont, currently the chief of the Nakhon Ratchasima Police, is tipped to become Phuket's next top cop. Photo: Nakhon Ratchasima Police

PHUKET: -- The man being tipped to become the next top cop in Phuket, Maj Gen Ong-art Phiewruangnont, is a “country person” open to listening to everyone.

“Anyone who has a problem is welcome to come and talk to me. I will help you all,” he told the Phuket Gazette.

However, Gen Ong-art would neither confirm nor deny that he has been chosen to replace the current leader of Phuket’s Provincial Police, Maj Gen Choti Chavalviwat, who retires at the end of this month (story here).

“I am not sure whether or not I will be the next Phuket Commander, I just heard from our office in Bangkok that I had been nominated for the position,” he told the Gazette.

“Please wait until September 27 for the official announcement. At this stage, I am not ready to give any details” he added.

Maj Gen Ong-art is currently the commander of the Nakhon Ratchasima Provincial Police.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Leading-candidate-as-Phuket-s-new-top-cop-open-to-all-22317.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-09-23

If you will be, so please, do not be corrupt and clear the big mess, thanks

The problems here are beyond police intrvention now. It will take the army to restore law and order and allow free market trade.

Basically, we are living under a dictatorship comprising of "influential people" that needs to be overthrown by the military.

• Like 1

The problems here are beyond police intrvention now. It will take the army to restore law and order and allow free market trade.

Basically, we are living under a dictatorship comprising of "influential people" that needs to be overthrown by the military.

That applies to most of Thailand. Civil war then outside intervention from the West will be the only way to straighten things out now. Two many dirty pies and faaaarrr to many dirty fingers in em to turn things around now.

That applies to most of Thailand. Civil war then outside intervention from the West will be the only way to straighten things out now. Two many dirty pies and faaaarrr to many dirty fingers in em to turn things around now.

Is there enough OIL to justify "western intervention"?

In general, most foreigners accept the corruption in Thailand, but the corruption on Phuket is of an unprecedented level, even for Thailand, and has made the place disfunctional in many ways.

A civil war or an act of God could signal the time for change.

There was some hope for this after the tsunami, but within a short time, Phuket was back to it's usual BS.

Well, if as the article says, the job is "open to all" , I would like the post ! As a farang maybe i could introduce common sense and honesty as prerequisites for wearing a uniform. I would also introduce stiff sentences for those demanding money from innocent people. Do you think that would go down well ? Will i get the job?

• Like 1

Well, if as the article says, the job is "open to all" , I would like the post ! As a farang maybe i could introduce common sense and honesty as prerequisites for wearing a uniform. I would also introduce stiff sentences for those demanding money from innocent people. Do you think that would go down well ? Will i get the job?

I think what would go down well would be your body, in a bag, thrown over the side of a fishing boat. Now, to the next top cop, I don't care who gets the job, as along as they do their duty which includes removing, and charging ALL corrupt officials, especially corrupt cops, who have failed (in Australia we have a saying...king and country) Thailand/Phuket in NOT performing their duties,

Have to wait a few years and hope the Republicans get in back in the states. Also they insist on it being an unwinable war.

In the mean time sit back enjoy the beach the sun and the Thai hospitality. That is why you are here isn't it? If you are in Phuket you may well wind up with a new police chief willing to listen to you.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You could change the name from Phuket to Rhode Islandclap2.gif

Edited by hellodolly