Conrad Bangkok

FLL-BKK

Has anyone stayed at the Conrad Bangkok? I am planning on staying there for the majority of time in Thailand for a 3 week trip in August/September. It seems like a decent hotel and I get to use up my Hilton HHonors points for the stay!! My choices are the new Hilton on the wrong side of the river or the Conrad and I think it is an easy choice.

Well, it is a 5 * - place and I did stay there a couple of times.

Fine with me.

JD: Which road? Wireless sometimes a bit busy but not so much in the side-lane leading to the main entrance.

Otherwise, can enter from Ruam Rudee.

Maybe split your stay between the Conrad and the new Hilton Millenium? The Millenium sounds and looks great, based on first-hand reports.

Many, many reviews in this forum . (Search for "Conrad" and "Bangkok".)

The Conrad is a cat. 5 property, so 35,000 points per night, while the Millenium is (currently) a cat. 3 property, so 25,000 points per night. The Millenium is also ~ 120 USD (4,785 THB) all in (10% svce, 7% tax), incl. breakfast on some hotel booking websites.

Many people rave about the Conrad Residences, but I'm not sure you can redeem awards there?

I've stayed at the Conrad ~ 20 nights, over 6 separate stays since the opening a few years ago. I've always found the property to be great. The location was ideal for me.

Thanks for the responses. I have read the reviews in various other travel forums/sites and theyare fairly favorable. I usually stay at the Sheraton Grand Sukumvit (love it!) or smaller hotels around the Sukhumvit area, so my wife insists we stay in that general vicinity. Staying by the river is "too far away" according to her. I am doing the 6-night VIP reward for 150,000 points so it is a pretty good point deal. They do not allow reward stays at the Residences and they have a 7 night mininum stay any way. I am going to begin and end my 21 day Thailand trip with 6 night stays at the Conrad and then fill the middle part with visiting Buriram/Korat to visit my wife's family and then taking her parents up to Chiang Mai. Her Mother is going to fly on an airplane for the first time!