New Toyota Vios

sinkorswim

I have ordered a new model Toyota Vios G spec for my wife. Just found out a friend of mine has had an E spec Vios for nearly 2 months now and is selling it because he said the fuel consumption is redicliously high.

I was wondering if anyone has recently purchased a new model Vios and how they are finding the fuel consumption?

The car is only used for town driving.

Edited by sinkorswim

The new Vios should be the same as the old one for consumption as I understand they are using all the old engines in the Thai models ?

Yep - it has the same basic drivetrain (1NZFE + 4AT) that's been around since the last versions of the Soluna (12 years ago). Each generation has seen some small tweaks to the engine, but most have been around NVH (older 1NZFE's were noticeably harsher), not improving FE or power.

I have an E, bought this year, upgrading from New Vios 2006 and there is no discernable difference in fuel consumption despite the fact that the new one is automatic.

My only complaint is that it really has little power at speed and feels sluggish under acceleration, but happy with it on both long and short trips-comfortable and easy to drive.

It's interesting that you experience this as the new Vios was just tested on headlightmag.com and with an 0-100 acceleration of 10 sec flat for the manual and 12 sec for the automatic it's "fastest" B segment car in Thailand (198 km/h) 80-120 km/h also pretty good at around 8.1 sec which is on par with most 400 NM trucks out there.. Not bad with only 109 ponies... Fuel consumption about 15.3 km/l.. Still would not buy one though whistling.gif

0v71.jpg

fdvd.jpg

s6m3.jpg

I have an E, bought this year, upgrading from New Vios 2006 and there is no discernable difference in fuel consumption despite the fact that the new one is automatic.

My only complaint is that it really has little power at speed and feels sluggish under acceleration, but happy with it on both long and short trips-comfortable and easy to drive.

• Like 2

I have used Honda Jazzes and Toyota Vioses on the same Udon to Chiang Mai trip a number of times.

The Toyotas were significantly more frugal (used only about 2/3 the fuel of the Hondas) while significantly duller to drive. These are 2 or 3 year old models,

Give me a Fiesta or a Swift any day.

It's interesting that you experience this as the new Vios was just tested on headlightmag.com and with an 0-100 acceleration of 10 sec flat for the manual and 12 sec for the automatic it's "fastest" B segment car in Thailand (198 km/h) 80-120 km/h also pretty good at around 8.1 sec which is on par with most 400 NM trucks out there.. Not bad with only 109 ponies... Fuel consumption about 15.3 km/l.. Still would not buy one though whistling.gif

0v71.jpg

fdvd.jpg

s6m3.jpg

do you have the figures for the Honda city M/T? It has 11BHP more so does that make it quicker than the Vios M/T?

cheers

0v71.jpg

fdvd.jpg

s6m3.jpg

do you have the figures for the Honda city M/T? It has 11BHP more so does that make it quicker than the Vios M/T?

cheers

Soon to be 21HP more (130HP).......

• Like 1

No data afaik, perhaps some fellow Thai readers can dig up some information but I think it's safe to say that it should be capable of 10 - 10.5 sec (about 1.5 sec faster than the slushbox) and about 1 sec quicker from 80-120 km/h in about 8.2 - 8.4 sec so quite on par with the Vios but then again the City has currently a more powerful engine which soon will be increased to 130 hp so that my best guesstimate is that the M/T cit will be slightly quicker..

cheers

• Like 1

Honda City pips a Vios hands down, don't know why folks bother with a Vios.coffee1.gif

Yep !! a nice ride the City for the money and car size, a holiday trip recently, read out on average fuel Km 14.5 not bad me's think's.

Not as comfy as the City but I still like my Mrs Yaris though much more fun to drive. thumbsup.gif

I don't understand all this 'fun to drive' how can anyone find driving here fun?

Well you have to be someone who knows more than " All I know is it's got 4 wheels and an engine " and also someone I guess that don't drive around in places like Bangkok. laugh.png

so why and how is it 'fun'? we have lived in bkk for 7 years and it's much more relaxing to get a taxi anywhere than drive.

Driving in Bkk is not fun at all, it is indeed fuarking annoying.

But driving is a lot of fun otherwise. Either driving a car or riding a motorbike is fun and is full of joy. But if the question occurs to someone, why is it fun then I strongly doubt he will ever get it why it is so much fun. No disrespect intended but it's either you are someone who loves it or someone who just looks at vehicles as necessity and as a result you are not going to understand why they are so much more than that.

Besides the Vios unfortunately does not fit into the car category. That is something that has been created to sell cheap so they can supply the masses that otherwise would not have the money the own a car. As a result every single piece of it is a cheap, soon to be not working piece which made the entire vehicle obsolete before it was manufactured.

I used to have a Vios, finally I just got fed up with it and fed it to the pigs.

Edited by A1Str8
  • Like 1

I would not call 625k 'cheap' for a car, it's bloody expensive for what it is

Using the Yaris as a comparison, as not all markets have the saloon version:

A Base 5-door 1.3L Yaris 5MT costs 750K Baht in UK

A Base 5-door 1.5L Yaris 4AT costs 510K Baht in the USA.

A Base 5-door 1.5L Yaris 4AT costs 556K Baht in Australia.

A base 5-door 1.5L Yaris 4AT costs 590K Baht in Thailand.

Only Americans could really complain, but everyone else in the looks at American car prices and weeps....

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 2

I would not call 625k 'cheap' for a car, it's bloody expensive for what it is

Using the Yaris as a comparison, as not all markets have the saloon version:

A Base 5-door 1.3L Yaris 5MT costs 750K Baht in UK

A Base 5-door 1.5L Yaris 4AT costs 510K Baht in the USA.

A Base 5-door 1.5L Yaris 4AT costs 556K Baht in Australia.

A base 5-door 1.5L Yaris 4AT costs 590K Baht in Thailand.

Only Americans could really complain, but everyone else in the looks at American car prices and weeps....

Am I correct in thinking that the Yaris and Vios are made in Thailand?

Edited by sinkorswim