Looking for condo cheaper than 10 000

Solila

Room is plenty large enough for a mother and 5 month old child, you can also go month to month here and move later if you choose. This place is close to the main road and not in some hard to find back street. Traffic is only bad before 9am and after 430 pm. But you can avoid it if you know which way to go, most dont so call it a congested area. You can cut through Kad Suan Kaew shopping mall, and avoid traffic completely.

Half the people there are non thai and everyone including the staff are very friendly, speak good english and respectful.

Bring your own sheets and pillow cases, they are expensive in thailand. The cool season is coming and you will not need ac, but may want to purchase a fan for 350 baht.....18,xxx to move in total.

Two more alternatives are One Plus Condo and Punna (3 locations, niman, suthep, huaykaew)...about 3k baht more, 10 sqmeters bigger, but 3 times less convenient. Punna on Niman is right across the street from Baan Thai and has larger rooms for correspondingly higher cost, privately owned but rented out by the office 10-14k.

There is also Hillside 2 on Niman, and Hillside 4, Trio and Nakorn Ping on Huay Kaew road. All above 8k baht, and not as convenient. If you see an advert for PP, dont waste your time since you are a single mother. (sorry PP owners but lets show compassion instead of profit)

Thank you!

I'm not sure, I understand you correct about PP. What did you mean?

There is a place called PP Condo thats advertised on the thai classifieds sites.

• Like 1

Room is plenty large enough for a mother and 5 month old child, you can also go month to month here and move later if you choose. This place is close to the main road and not in some hard to find back street. Traffic is only bad before 9am and after 430 pm. But you can avoid it if you know which way to go, most dont so call it a congested area. You can cut through Kad Suan Kaew shopping mall, and avoid traffic completely.

Half the people there are non thai and everyone including the staff are very friendly, speak good english and respectful.

Bring your own sheets and pillow cases, they are expensive in thailand. The cool season is coming and you will not need ac, but may want to purchase a fan for 350 baht.....18,xxx to move in total.

Two more alternatives are One Plus Condo and Punna (3 locations, niman, suthep, huaykaew)...about 3k baht more, 10 sqmeters bigger, but 3 times less convenient. Punna on Niman is right across the street from Baan Thai and has larger rooms for correspondingly higher cost, privately owned but rented out by the office 10-14k.

There is also Hillside 2 on Niman, and Hillside 4, Trio and Nakorn Ping on Huay Kaew road. All above 8k baht, and not as convenient. If you see an advert for PP, dont waste your time since you are a single mother. (sorry PP owners but lets show compassion instead of profit)

Thank you!

I'm not sure, I understand you correct about PP. What did you mean?

There is a place called PP Condo thats advertised on the thai classifieds sites.

Hi Solila,

I have a lot of experience with PP condominium (We have renovated a lot of condos in there)

If you see a condo advertised in PP condo, it is probably one of ours or one that we manage. We and quite a few real estate agents advertise them. Although they are very good value, safe and very popular, I agree that it isn't suitable for a single mother without transportatation.

Good luck with your search. Don't really know anything that would suit you, but if I come up with something I'll let you know.

Stig

• Like 2

Hi Solila,

I have a lot of experience with PP condominium (We have renovated a lot of condos in there)

If you see a condo advertised in PP condo, it is probably one of ours or one that we manage. We and quite a few real estate agents advertise them. Although they are very good value, safe and very popular, I agree that it isn't suitable for a single mother without transportatation.

Good luck with your search. Don't really know anything that would suit you, but if I come up with something I'll let you know.

Stig

Thank you!

You might want to look at some studio units (39 square metres) at Nakorn Ping Condo, just off of Huay Kaew Road on Ratchaphruek Road. I believe that you can get an unrenovated unit for about 8000 baht plus utilities, and a small area for a kitchenette. I doubt if any owner will rent less than six months though, and most of them prefer one year leases. Location is terrific--one block to Kad Saun Kaew, and many songtaews right outside your door.

You might want to look at some studio units (39 square metres) at Nakorn Ping Condo, just off of Huay Kaew Road on Ratchaphruek Road. I believe that you can get an unrenovated unit for about 8000 baht plus utilities, and a small area for a kitchenette. I doubt if any owner will rent less than six months though, and most of them prefer one year leases. Location is terrific--one block to Kad Saun Kaew, and many songtaews right outside your door.

Many thanks for advice!! Will check it!

We have checked several condos and today was the first night in the chosen one (I'll write later about it).

The bliss hotel - we lived there for 4 days when we were looking for condo. It looks very nice. Furniture is new and everything is clean. But Internet is absolutely awful. If you don't need it, it may be a good place - not very far from the center, but rather quiet. From 9000/month.

Hillside 4 - price started from 14000/month (we did not visit rooms, because it is out of our budget)

Furama - rooms started from 4000/day!! Of course it was impossible for us smile.png

Huaykaew place - very old, but price is nice - from 3500/month for air conditioned room

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1380941260.101338.jpg

Huay kaew Residence - here are prices and sqm:

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1380941365.132721.jpg

It looks nice but furniture is very old, I do not want to stay there with a little child.

Hillside 2 - looks nice, but Internet is very slow. Prices from 6000/month. Located on Nimmana road, there are a lot of cafés and restaurants. 7-11 is on the ground floor.

Hillside 3 is very close to hillside 2 and as the staff said it is absolutely the same building. We did not visit it. I suppose it must be very noisy.

Nakorn ping - they did not lease for less than 6 months :/

Sritana condominium 2 - we checked 3 rooms. Rooms are fully equipped with microwaves, fridges, etc. Too much furniture for me. I think it would be great for bigger families. I am not sure that prices for electricity and water are correct, the girl in the office did not look confident, but here they are:

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1380941810.565957.jpg

Baan Thai - rooms are very small, but nice. They did not let us check the internet speed. Internet prices were very high:

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1380941995.416111.jpg

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1380942013.247950.jpg

Finally we stopped at Chiangmai Lodge - very close to central department store. It looks very clean and cosy. We loved it smile.png Internet speed is high for 500b/month. Rooms are from 4500/month, but we pay 5500 because of 3 moths stay.

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1380942180.080813.jpg

Thank you very much for your advice!!

Hi, thanks for this detailed post.

I am thinking of moving to CM myself in a couple of months. I am currently in BKK. I wanted to ask a question about internet speeds. I am required to send/receive files up to 10MB everyday for my work. I am sure receiving is not a problem, but do you know the upload speeds for the places you visited.

Currently, I have True broadband installed at my condo even then I have to use a LAN cable to be able to send those files. The speed on wifi just doesn't work.

I can pay 10k and stay up to six months even, but I need steady and high-speed internet 24/7. If you have any suggestions for me, would highly appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

I am thinking of moving to CM myself in a couple of months. I am currently in BKK. I wanted to ask a question about internet speeds. I am required to send/receive files up to 10MB everyday for my work. I am sure receiving is not a problem, but do you know the upload speeds for the places you visited.

Currently, I have True broadband installed at my condo even then I have to use a LAN cable to be able to send those files. The speed on wifi just doesn't work.

I can pay 10k and stay up to six months even, but I need steady and high-speed internet 24/7. If you have any suggestions for me, would highly appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

In chiang Mai lodge there we stay Internet speed right now is like that:

post-187901-13809464781504_thumb.jpg

But I can't say it's stable. Yesterday we checked it from the laptop - it was 9,8 for download and only 0,9 for upload.

We use wifi. Here also LAN Internet can be used (it is quit more expensive - 700b/month instead of 500 for wifi - and also as I understood it needs some connection service as it is not provided to all rooms in the building).

Thanks in advance.

In chiang Mai lodge there we stay Internet speed right now is like that:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1380946633.264375.jpg

But I can't say it's stable. Yesterday we checked it from the laptop - it was 9,8 for download and only 0,9 for upload.

We use wifi. Here also LAN Internet can be used (it is quit more expensive - 700b/month instead of 500 for wifi - and also as I understood it needs some connection service as it is not provided to all rooms in the building).

Thanks very much. I guess from what I will be saving in rent (I pay considerably more in BKK), I can take the LAN internet.

Have a great stay,

฿9 per unit over 20 units seems very high. We use about 200 units per month and pay ฿5 per unit. I know in a lot of the condo#s they charge upto 7 but i've never heard of 9...

You are right! Everywhere water was 7 or cheaper. Will see, how much I use)

We have checked several condos and today was the first night in the chosen one (I'll write later about it).

The bliss hotel - we lived there for 4 days when we were looking for condo. It looks very nice. Furniture is new and everything is clean. But Internet is absolutely awful. If you don't need it, it may be a good place - not very far from the center, but rather quiet. From 9000/month.

Hillside 4 - price started from 14000/month (we did not visit rooms, because it is out of our budget)

Furama - rooms started from 4000/day!! Of course it was impossible for us smile.png

Huaykaew place - very old, but price is nice - from 3500/month for air conditioned room

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1380941260.101338.jpg

Huay kaew Residence - here are prices and sqm:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1380941365.132721.jpg

It looks nice but furniture is very old, I do not want to stay there with a little child.

Hillside 2 - looks nice, but Internet is very slow. Prices from 6000/month. Located on Nimmana road, there are a lot of cafés and restaurants. 7-11 is on the ground floor.

Hillside 3 is very close to hillside 2 and as the staff said it is absolutely the same building. We did not visit it. I suppose it must be very noisy.

Nakorn ping - they did not lease for less than 6 months :/

Sritana condominium 2 - we checked 3 rooms. Rooms are fully equipped with microwaves, fridges, etc. Too much furniture for me. I think it would be great for bigger families. I am not sure that prices for electricity and water are correct, the girl in the office did not look confident, but here they are:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1380941810.565957.jpg

Baan Thai - rooms are very small, but nice. They did not let us check the internet speed. Internet prices were very high:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1380941995.416111.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1380942013.247950.jpg

Finally we stopped at Chiangmai Lodge - very close to central department store. It looks very clean and cosy. We loved it smile.png Internet speed is high for 500b/month. Rooms are from 4500/month, but we pay 5500 because of 3 moths stay.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1380942180.080813.jpg

Thank you very much for your advice!!

Thank you for sharing

I will keep this for the future, when i hope to use end 2015