Service center for CBR 250

dictater

This kind of harkens back to my original post but im still looking for the correct information concerning getting the valves/ tappets adjusted on my CBR 250. As I've written earlier I live in Kanchanaburi and dont trust the shops here to do really anything, but I'm pretty sure my CBR has never had the tappets/ valves adjusted and its starting to show. I thought I could just take it to the big wing center in BKK but was told recently that they wont service a 250 they havent sold, I've written them a few times with no response. Does any one know if for instance Pechaburi or even Hua Hin has a real functioning Honda service center thats capable of doing this? Where has anyone else had it done? Am I going to have to get in there myself with hammer and tong and make an even worse mess of it?

Sumet Cycle in BKK will do a valve check. Problem is that the bike needs a good few hours to cool down to allow for an accurate check which means either an overnight stay or dropping off in the morning for an afternoon service.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yep a major concern for cbr250. past 20k km on it before selling and no honda service did any valve check. and i never bothered them as i thought they might screw my bike.

i think brian sumet cycle can do that.

Edited by ll2

Why don't you do it yourself. It's easy. First of all, chances are that no adjustment will be necessary. If it is, the hardest part will be to get ahold of the right thickness shims. That is an issue for you aonly, but for all and any shops, and that is why "service centers" don't want to service the bike, they don't have a set of replacement shims, and don't want to bother check if they are common to other bike. But if you can order the shims you're all set. Here an article supplemental to the service manual.

http://motorsportrider.net/Content/MC/Service/CBR250R_2012_ValveAdjust1.aspx

dictater if you say your bike is starting to show that it needs valve adjustments, there might be a chance the cam chain tensioner is making a funny noise instead, they usually go out around 20k.

For KRS1, I already replaced the CCT, I started that other thread a couple months ago. When I say it starting to show I mean performance wise. So Sumet is the one and only shop in Thailand that can adjust the valves on these bikes which are being sold all over the country - incredible. There are going to be a lot of scrapped CBR 250's in the next couple of years.

For KRS1, I already replaced the CCT, I started that other thread a couple months ago. When I say it starting to show I mean performance wise. So Sumet is the one and only shop in Thailand that can adjust the valves on these bikes which are being sold all over the country - incredible. There are going to be a lot of scrapped CBR 250's in the next couple of years.

have you checked the tire pressure, chain lube, engine oil, battery and air filter lately?

honestly after i do maintenence it runs much better...i havent had a valve check yet and im at 33k....really, those things can have a big impact on performance. Somewhere on your bike there should be a sticker of the place where it was purchased.

I have done regular maintenance on the bike, it needs some of those things done now and I will get it all done in BKK, when I say performance Im talking about the way it sounds passing through revs up to about 7k and the way the pressure sounds when it starts, it doesn't back fire but its not a clean start up, there a little hesitation, almost a cough, which is fairly new. I know exactly where it came from new, the same shop that told me I needed a new crank shaft when I needed to replace the CCT, so im not going back there again, not even for an oil change. I just think its amazing that Honda doesn't force their franchise owners to train at least their head mechanics to fix/ service the bikes they sell. I was told once by one of the head mechanics here that he has to go to BKK every year to get retrained on all new bikes but that's obviously not true for the 'big bikes'.