Dog information

Hello, and good on you for taking care of a stray.

As previously mentioned, don't wait until she's had her first season. They will do the operation here on the island before that - around 6 months.

If her time is close, you can tell because her 'lady parts' will be quite swollen and protruding quite obviously. At this point you have about 2 weeks before she will be fertile and starts to be 'interested' in attracting male attention, so act quickly.

Dog Rescue are inundated at the moment and there is a waiting list for spaying, but they are prioritising females. There is also a small charge now (around 500 baht) if you are a farang, but still free for Thais. I think Dog Rescue do a good job here with this programme, but you do have to persevere and be patient ... and extra, extra polite .... to get the desired result.

If you don't mind paying, there are several vets, but I don't think any will collect her. The last time I had a female dog done was about 5 years ago and I think I paid about 3500 baht. (Boys are much cheaper - I just paid 3000 for my boy, including all meds and after care!)

Good luck. It's a great thing that you're doing.

Kate

• Like 1

From FAQ for the islands Here is the list of all the vets on the island. Perhaps give them a call & ask for the price if Dog Rescue are snowed under.

Veterinarian services.

Lamai Pet Clinic - Dr Aui - Situated on Ring road opposite Samui Drive Golf and before Gandmother / Grandfather Rock - Tel 086 881 7756 - Open everyday except Thursdays 9am - 8pm.

Samui S.P. Veterinary Clininc - Situated in Chaweng just after the 1st turn for Chaweng Beach Rd, Haad Chaweng 1 (if coming from Lamai) - Tel 077 413 313 - Open Wednesdays 12noon - 8pm, and all other days 9am - 8pm.

Samui Animal Clinic - Dr Somsak - Situated on Ring Road in Chaweng, next door to UBC office and opposite Chaweng Post Office - Tel 077 230 600 - open Monday - Friday 9.30am - 8pm and Saturdays 9.30am - 6pm.

M.A Vet Clinic - Dr Aun - Situated on Ring Road in Bophut, directly opposite Starbucks at Big C - Tel 089 650 9387 - Open everday except Thursdays 9am - 8pm.

Young Num Pet Hospital - 3 Vets - Situated in Bophut, before traffic lights and Samui Town Centre, just after Bistro Journal and opposite large red building with spirit house - Tel 077 962 435 - Open every day, except SOME Sundays 9am - 7pm.

Bang Rak Pet Clinic - Situated just after fishing market and before BBC - Tel 085 882 2334 - Open every day except Thursdays 9am - 6pm.

Dog Rescue - Dr Sith c/o Brigitte & Werner - Main Vet centre is situated in Taling Ngam, but he visits the Chaweng Centre Mon / Wed / Fri 4.30pm - 6pm - Tel 077 413 490 or 081 893 9443 from 9am - 6pm.

Sadly there is still no official vet service after 8pm!

Thank you Bottle Blonde for the great info.