Songkran 2014 dates

soihok

Hello.

I understand that official 2014 dates are April 13-15, but I know that Pattaya extends these dates either before or after the official dates, can anyone tell me if they know of the 2014 Pattaya Songkran dates?

Trying work around these dates for a visit thanks!

I am trying to plan a date to visit there not during Songkran.

Thanks

Hi

I don`t blame you.

For the last 3 or 4 years there has been early starting of it in some parts of central Pattaya from as early as the 10th.

I`d suggest avoiding 10th to 19 th, with as already said it finishing on that last night of the 19 th.

Thanks for reminding me to be out of town around that time , think I will book a cheap ticket to Cambodia now.

Cambodia is no better. Don't forget the news last year in PP where 250 people died (trampled) along River rd.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for reminding me to be out of town around that time , think I will book a cheap ticket to Cambodia now.

Cambodia is no better. Don't forget the news last year in PP where 250 people died (trampled) along River rd.

Get your facts right bah.gif Their water festival takes place at the end of the rainy season in November and it wasn't along River Road . It happened on a bridge

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

Is this the official 2014 "I hate Songkran" thread?

If so, can I be the first to say what a total PITA it is?

Agreed.saai.gif

The choice is do I go to Cambodia or do I stay here and walk around everywhere for 10 days with no phone wearing a plastic cape with hood ?wacko.png

Edited by Asiantravel

It's about time for the 2014 Songkran FAQ. I'll put it up in a day or two. It's been extensively revised and incorporates last year's threads.

• Like 2

Agreed.saai.gif

The choice is do I go to Cambodia or do I stay here and walk around everywhere for 10 days with no phone wearing a plastic cape with hood ?wacko.png

I`m considering going to Cambodia during Thai Songkran time.

Is there water throwing there as well ?

I`m reading conflicting reports, would appreciate knowing from someone who has been there at that time, I`d likely choose PP or Sihanoukville.

"Chaul Chnam Thmey – Monday to Wednesday, 14 to 16 April 2014 "

http://thaholiday.com/cambodia-public-holidays-schedule-2014/

Thanks

smile.png