2013 Pattaya Songkran Faq

JSixpack

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great post! We'll keep this pinned. When new posts get opened in the Pattaya forum, we'll close them and refer them here.

Thanks!!

P.S. If anyone else wants to add some words of wisdom, let me know and I have them added.

• Like 1

Pretty much spot on post. I'll be arriving at the start of it this year so am formulating escape plans at the moment. I think it was last year was in Pak Chong to avoid the Pattaya madness. One afternoon there came across bunches of Thai's throwing water, thought I was a gonner, anyway they asked us if we wanted to play basically, we said no, they waved us through and once we were past them they continued throwing water. No one threw water at you unless you wanted to take part. I think it's just the retards in Pattaya who think it's funny throw water on people who don't want to take part.

Songkran can be fun, IF, you are here only for a holiday. IF, you have no cell phone with you. IF, you have no passport or other valuable papers with you. If you are not on a motorbike, and hit with a bucket of water, in the face.

Is it possible to take a walk in Jomtien Beach Rd without getting wet ?

I use a bicycle to move around , from Jomtien soi 4 to 12 , and I dont want to take part in Songkran.

Will I be attacked?

Is it possible to take a walk in Jomtien Beach Rd without getting wet ?

I use a bicycle to move around , from Jomtien soi 4 to 12 , and I dont want to take part in Songkran.

Will I be attacked?

Yes, you absolutely will be attacked. coffee1.gif

How can you be sure ?

Is it safer in the morning or afternoon ?

What is happening in Walking Street over Songkran?Crazy or not?

you don't want to be there!

Excellent thread and congrats to the op to sum up the mayhem in all its aspects straight to the point.

I for one will sit at the pool with a fridge stuffed to the rim with food and vandalize my wine supply...

• Like 1

What is happening in Walking Street over Songkran?Crazy or not?

you don't want to be there!

Excellent thread and congrats to the op to sum up the mayhem in all its aspects straight to the point.

I for one will sit at the pool with a fridge stuffed to the rim with food and vandalize my wine supply...

I once visited WS the morning of the 20th and it looked like there'd been a snowfall, the powder and sludge were so thick. So many bars . . . .

Edited by JSixpack

Oh, and one more thing. Partying with friends is also more or less impossible because of the countless road blocks and lack of public transport.

I could probably find a back way there with no road blocks. Just to help protect your wine supply...or is that to help vandalize???

Songkran in Pattaya is for drunken morons,who aim their high power guns in faces,girls crotches and they love to fondle breasts too, disgrace to farangs

"disgrace to farangs"

Yes, a big departure from the way the drunken morons, aka many tourists/resident farang, behave the rest of the year.

Q: The police have instituted a ban on high pressure water guns and PVC pipes

A: You must be joking. They do that every year. Once in a while they condescend to grab one or two.

Looks a bit more than one or two.

Police Colonel Nanthawut Suwanla-Ong, Superintendent of Pattaya City Police Station points to a pile of confiscated PVC water cannons.

post-145917-0-33480100-1364022743_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Oh, and one more thing. Partying with friends is also more or less impossible because of the countless road blocks and lack of public transport.

I could probably find a back way there with no road blocks. Just to help protect your wine supply...or is that to help vandalize???

great to have friends :blink:

Very Well Written....Sums up Songkran to a T.

It should be for only One Day - But the GREEDY People up top couldn't get enough money in One Day so they turned it into 9 Days ....

They don't care how many people die as long as the money keeps rolling in.

Here are a few Cartoons to sum up Songkran.

post-171219-0-17125700-1364032855_thumb.

post-171219-0-18203000-1364032881_thumb.

post-171219-0-45518100-1364032906_thumb.

post-171219-0-49524000-1364032927_thumb.

post-171219-0-70767900-1364032957_thumb.

post-171219-0-22570800-1364032980_thumb.

post-171219-0-32267000-1364032999_thumb.

post-171219-0-34349900-1364033016_thumb.

• Like 2

"disgrace to farangs"

Yes, a big departure from the way the drunken morons, aka many tourists/resident farang, behave the rest of the year.

Glad you agree. It really IS kind of obvious--to most everyone else but you. Observe the contrasts between your journeys down Beach Rd during Songkran and at other times of the year. Take careful notes; study and arrive at rational conclusions.

Q: The police have instituted a ban on high pressure water guns and PVC pipes

A: You must be joking. They do that every year. Once in a while they condescend to grab one or two.

-

Looks a bit more than one or two.

Police Colonel Nanthawut Suwanla-Ong, Superintendent of Pattaya City Police Station points to a pile of confiscated PVC water cannons.

I've been waiting. When did you get off the boat? Good show, eh? A tiny percentage, immediately replaced. It's about like those crackdowns on pirated DVDs. Ride down Beach Rd., you'll find no difference.

Learn to distinguish between appearances (Thais are such masters of those) and the realities.

• Like 1

Pretty much spot on post. I'll be arriving at the start of it this year so am formulating escape plans at the moment. I think it was last year was in Pak Chong to avoid the Pattaya madness. One afternoon there came across bunches of Thai's throwing water, thought I was a gonner, anyway they asked us if we wanted to play basically, we said no, they waved us through and once we were past them they continued throwing water. No one threw water at you unless you wanted to take part. I think it's just the retards in Pattaya who think it's funny throw water on people who don't want to take part.

I think most of the problems in Pattaya come from the foreigners??

All those Thai youths and schoolkids must be foreigners in disguise then.

Someone said that Hua Hin is very calm and peaceful in comparison with Pattaya, any other suggestions for relatively sane places for Songkran?

Had Yai, Songhkla., Sadao???

Otherwise it's a toss-up between Vietnam and Malaysia.

Excellent thread JS, well done.

I think most of the problems in Pattaya come from the foreigners??

All those Thai youths and schoolkids must be foreigners in disguise then.

Someone said that Hua Hin is very calm and peaceful in comparison with Pattaya, any other suggestions for relatively sane places for Songkran?

Had Yai, Songhkla., Sadao???

Otherwise it's a toss-up between Vietnam and Malaysia.

Excellent thread JS, well done.

Thank you!

Vietnam or Malaysia would be great. I've been to both, multiple times, to escape Songkran. Had a great bike trip out of Hanoi one year. Last year went to Vung Tao, really nice beach town, inexpensive, good bar scene, beautiful women. Wonderful to be there rather than being trashed by water hooligans in PTY.

Seems there's air fare price gouging to Angeles or Cebu around Songkran time and the planes are full. I never get around to booking early enough.

This year I'm off to the States. :)

I don't leave every year, however. I've been known to hole up. I prefer just to hole up in PTY or BKK (only 3 days in BKK!). Nothing much to do in other Thai towns . . . but Hua Hin does sound kind of interesting.

I am so glad I am off for overseas work on the 7th, as a resident it's just a pain in the butt that it has to go on for so many days.

On Phuket they only do it for a couple days when I lived there long time ago so in that regard +1 to Phuket.

Last year I was here, used the car a lot, locked the doors, closed the windows and then go shopping/eating in the big shopping centers.

I bet there will be a lot of angry Russians again this yearbiggrin.png , they don't seems to have a great sense of humor and an bucket of ice water over the head won't help mattersclap2.gif

Enjoythumbsup.gif

Edited by guzzi850m2