Naklua - need Thai lady to prepare meals for me

Tiger7Moth

I have stomach problems and have had a poor diet. I need a Thai lady to prepare meals for me.

Yesterday, I went to the Doctor that I have been seeing, along with a Thai lady who was going to cook for me and who spoke to the Doctor about what I should and should not eat (basically anything but with variety and in small amounts). Well this didn't work out because the Thai lady doesn't live close by, doesn't drive a car or motocy - so, the food I was given today at 11am, came from Lotus (I had been to Lotus earlier in the day and could have purchased it myself).

I live on Soi 14 but very close to Soi 16. There is a night market a two minute walk from where I live that sells all sorts of food. Of course, there is a market in North Pattaya that sells everything at 5am - most food vendors purchase their food there.

I don't care if the food is purchased at the night market here or the market in North Pattaya at 5am. I have purchased a bunch of expensive food containers and the Doctor has said, the food can be prepared, put in the food containers and I can microwave whenever.

Specifically, where I live is Baan Intira - a hundred meters or so from the night market on Soi 14.

I expect a competent Thai lady, could purchase food and do cooking for 2 day by spending maybe 4 - 6 hours.

I am willing to pay a generous amount, but, will not pay a ridiculously high amount.

I am not specifying an amount because the amount of time and effort is not known - if the Thai lady lives close by and goes to the night market already, there would not be much time and effort - if there is travel involved, there could be more time and effort.

My stomach problems are significant and painful - so, I really need to get on a proper diet (that includes veggies, various meats, fruits, etc) rather than the poor diet I have been on.

Any help in locating a Thai woman that could cook for me would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thank you.

smile.pngbiggrin.pngwai2.gif

t

Hi. I do not have any problems with eating, but I like to make 7 full meals at one time, with veg ect.. I freeze them in containers, they will last me a week.

Maybe you could find someone to cook for you and freeze them, it works great for me.

Hope you find someone.

Sorry if I didn't make this clear - I have already purchased containers and the Doc says it's OK to keep in fridge and microwave whenever I want to eat.

So, basically, I want to do the same as you but, unlike you, I don't cook and also don't want to keep food more than 2 days.

Thanks for your reply. smile.png

• Like 1

How much you wanna pay? My sister inaw could do it

Very good cook too

I will PM you. But, I was considering a couple of things. One is that my prior arrangement was actually for food preparation for 5 days a week - I had been thinking if I had good fresh food prepared 5 days a week, I could eat at Central Festival or buy food there or at Tops on Pattaya Klang (central Pattaya and 2nd road) a couple of days a week. But, now I am thinking, perhaps preparing food for me 2 times a week - fresh food that would last in the fridge, not freezer, would be sufficient. I eat anything, all Thai dishes, but not very spicy - a little spicy is OK. And, I don't eat a lot of food. What is important is that I have a variety of foods and fruits and that I eat several small meals each day. Anyway, I am actually easy to get along with and willing to be flexible.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything but if you can get around like you say to Central, Tops etc., what is preventing YOU from cooking? Maybe just buy a bunch of those frozen dinners from 7-11 and your fruit from the street vendors that sell it.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything but if you can get around like you say to Central, Tops etc., what is preventing YOU from cooking? Maybe just buy a bunch of those frozen dinners from 7-11 and your fruit from the street vendors that sell it.

In reverse order, I don't want frozen dinners. I want fresh food prepared by someone who is a good cook. Regarding cooking myself, I actually went to the Cooking School on North Pattaya for information and intended to attend classes there in order to learn to cook Thai meals. But, my health has prevented me from attending. I could go on, but, basically that is the response to your questions. Thank you for your attempt to help. smile.png

In reverse order, I don't want frozen dinners. I want fresh food prepared by someone who is a good cook. Regarding cooking myself, I actually went to the Cooking School on North Pattaya for information and intended to attend classes there in order to learn to cook Thai meals. But, my health has prevented me from attending. I could go on, but, basically that is the response to your questions. Thank you for your attempt to help. smile.png

Ahhh sorry for my ignorance, I just assumed that you knew how to cook already. lol

Maybe try putting an ad here in the classifieds or even on the PM Online news they have a classified section of folk looking for and offering work.

How much you wanna pay? My sister inaw could do it

Very good cook too

I sent you a PM but, apparently you block PMs. Basically, I will pay an amount per hour that is I believe double the standard rate for a typical Thai worker - and that would include travel time, shopping time, cooking time. All expenses of course, for food, cooking supplies, petrol... If you can exchange PMs with me, I will give you my phone number and e-mail address. Thanks smile.png

Ahhh sorry for my ignorance, I just assumed that you knew how to cook already. lol

Maybe try putting an ad here in the classifieds or even on the PM Online news they have a classified section of folk looking for and offering work.

Well, here is my ignorance - what is PM Online and what classifieds are you suggesting? Thanks again for trying to help. smile.png

To Tiger7Moth

I would guess by classifieds here he means this :

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/ads/search/1/categ_id/23/currency/5/county/11/ord/price/sens/asc/

You could place an advert looking for a part time cook/shopper ? Might find someone, worth a try.

PM Online, I don`t know either

You could also try putting in a postcard sized advert in the Best supermarket( at the Dolphin roundabout) notice board, there is a small charge for this I believe, response might not me much though, if at all.

Good Luck, hope you get sorted.smile.png

If the OP's as mobile as he intimates, why not just live out on the stalls for the time being. You might even meet a more permanent and trustworthy cook on your travels.

To Tiger7Moth

I would guess by classifieds here he means this :

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/ads/search/1/categ_id/23/currency/5/county/11/ord/price/sens/asc/

You could place an advert looking for a part time cook/shopper ? Might find someone, worth a try.

PM Online, I don`t know either

You could also try putting in a postcard sized advert in the Best supermarket( at the Dolphin roundabout) notice board, there is a small charge for this I believe, response might not me much though, if at all.

Good Luck, hope you get sorted.smile.png

Thank you

If the OP's as mobile as he intimates, why not just live out on the stalls for the time being. You might even meet a more permanent and trustworthy cook on your travels.

Doctor says food stalls use too much oil, et cetera and I should not eat at stalls.

• Like 1

You dont really need anyone to cook for you and in fact I would suggest you can get healthier without the cooking.

Go to Big C Extra and just buy some meat already cooked eg barbecued chicken, pork , fish, go to the salad bar and fill up a container and then pick two containers of brown rice. That should be could be two days of meals. All healthy and cheap. Then go back again and repeat.

It is really easy to do and no need for anyone to cook for you at all.

• Like 2

You dont really need anyone to cook for you and in fact I would suggest you can get healthier without the cooking.

Go to Big C Extra and just buy some meat already cooked eg barbecued chicken, pork , fish, go to the salad bar and fill up a container and then pick two containers of brown rice. That should be could be two days of meals. All healthy and cheap. Then go back again and repeat.

It is really easy to do and no need for anyone to cook for you at all.

I agree. However, due to my health problems, I haven't been able to do more than shop locally in Naklua. At the moment, I am feeling somewhat better and may be able to give it a try. But, generally speaking, I agree they have a good selection of prepared and other foods and if I am able to get there, that would be a viable solution.

waiter on wheels/door to Door service the Naklua area and there selection of participating restaurants will certainly give you the variety your after.

Not sure they could find where I am staying. I am not a Thai critic and have happily lived in Thailand for 8 years. But, a Thai woman who works where I live called McDonald's to get an order delivered and after 2 lengthy conversations she gave up and drove to McDonal's to pick the order up herself.

Not sure they could find where I am staying.

Yeah. Me not sure either since you won't tell them, heh, heh.

This problem is trivial to solve like most problems here except the ol' "how can I enjoy the good life in Thailand with no money?"

Any local restaurant will deliver food or you can send somebody, such as a maid or a motorcycle taxi driver, to fetch it. Delivery charge, natch.

The Naklua and Soi Photisan markets have fresh food and cooked as well. You can go once, take pics of what you want, print them out, then send a maid or motorcycle taxi driver to get them for you. You can put that food into your containers and freeze it. Fresh veggies can be frozen, too. Google for instructions. The markets do sell skinless steamed/boiled chicken (of the sort used in *kao man gai). And more. Besides this, the food vendors have mobile phones and you may well be able to put in a special order.

Same idea if you want something from Big C or Lotus (not far from Naklua on Pattaya Nua). Lotus will cook meat and sells roasted chicken. You can most probably arrange (need to set this up) to call Lotus and get somebody to talk to the meat counter to cook something before you or your emissary arrives.

Sorted. Are we done now?

This problem is trivial to solve like most problems here except the ol' "how can I enjoy the good life in Thailand with no money?"

Any local restaurant will deliver food or you can send somebody, such as a maid or a motorcycle taxi driver, to fetch it. Delivery charge, natch.

The Naklua and Soi Photisan markets have fresh food and cooked as well. You can go once, take pics of what you want, print them out, then send a maid or motorcycle taxi driver to get them for you. You can put that food into your containers and freeze it. Fresh veggies can be frozen, too. Google for instructions. The markets do sell skinless steamed/boiled chicken (of the sort used in *kao man gai). And more. Besides this, the food vendors have mobile phones and you may well be able to put in a special order.

Same idea if you want something from Big C or Lotus (not far from Naklua on Pattaya Nua). Lotus will cook meat and sells roasted chicken. You can most probably arrange (need to set this up) to call Lotus and get somebody to talk to the meat counter to cook something before you or your emissary arrives.

Sorted. Are we done now?

I disagree with most everything you said. For example, had a friend coming here from Pattaya Klang on motocy taxi and the motocy taxi guy who hangs out near my hotel had to have 2 long conversations with the motocy taxi guy bringing my friend before they could manage to get my friend delivered to my hotel.

Sorted. Are we done now?

I disagree with most everything you said. For example, had a friend coming here from Pattaya Klang on motocy taxi and the motocy taxi guy who hangs out near my hotel had to have 2 long conversations with the motocy taxi guy bringing my friend before they could manage to get my friend delivered to my hotel.

Oh, you can just draw a map, put on a photo of your building, and give it, fax it, SMS it, or email it as needed. You can record a Thai giving the precise directions in Thai, and then just play it over the phone as needed (I've done that before, when I first moved to Thailand and couldn't speak a word of Thai; works great). You can store the directions in Thai on your mobile and SMS them. You can give GPS coordinates.

Give a few copies of your map to Kiss restaurant, not far from Naklua, for example, and thereafter you can get deliveries from there. Kiss staff can just get a motorcy taxi driver outside to deliver.

Where there's a will, there's a way, you see. smile.png

Your dream about some Thai lady pampering you by shopping, cooking, and delivering for you ain't gonna happen--not around here.

Edited by JSixpack

Rent a live in and get her to fetch food ?

Thanks to everyone who has replied and tried to help. I seem to have a solution. A friend from the US is visiting me and yesterday he went to HomePro and purchased a 'steamer' (for veggies) and a convection oven (to cook lean meats) and he is going to teach me to use them. With a night market a couple of hundred meters from my home, I can purchase the food there and after my friends help and instructions for a few days, I will be able to cook foods in line with the Doctor's instructions. biggrin.png