Swap meet, flea market near prince royals on Sat?

daoyai

Still going on and stronger than ever.... Some of my guests are finding real treasures over there.

Its like we know in the west as a Flea Market, cept with different Fleas.

One of my guests found a real treasure a hand made and hand written [ in Burmese ] bible. As pages go it was about a 12inches wide and about 4 inches from the top to the bottom of the page. Bound in what looked like burlap material, but crocheted sic in color years ago, with the corners leather bound ... Opened bottom to the top and the pages went that way... She paid 200 baht for it and turned down 2000 baht for it , same day....

This was a treasure...... whats the old saying... one mans treasure is another mans junk.....

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Funnily enough I went there last Saturday and nothing, zip, nil, nada. Went the right time and came back about an hour later and still nada. I thought perhaps it had moved on.

Following Sunday went down shortly after it would have usually closed and there was some evidence of it being held, small piles of discarded rubbish etc.

On Saturday there did seem to be some function on in the school proper so maybe it was a one off non event. Certainly one of the best to me in CM as a flea market anway.

Funnily enough I went there last Saturday and nothing, zip, nil, nada. Went the right time and came back about an hour later and still nada. I thought perhaps it had moved on.

Following Sunday went down shortly after it would have usually closed and there was some evidence of it being held, small piles of discarded rubbish etc.

On Saturday there did seem to be some function on in the school proper so maybe it was a one off non event. Certainly one of the best to me in CM as a flea market anway.

That is why I started thie topic, went last week and it was not happening. If anyone goes today, please report, thanks.

Also went this morning. Was quite interesting but a lot of junk also. Probably go again in a few weeks if the weather is better. Saw a 16" fan for ฿350. Asked the lady if she could plug it in and test it. (There was an extension lead switched on, next to it) She declined so i carried on walking.

They should do this more often. In USA, thrift stores are thriving now. I found an item worth $300 for $35, hockey jerseys for $2.50 that look nice, and tons of shirts and fleece pullovers for about $2. Even a nice bike jersey for 10 cents. LOL. online, new, it's $70. also great little george foreman grill for $5. I would personally worry about buying silver and gold, unless you can somehow test it. anyhow, i hope these flea market events keep happening. good luck all.