Visa validity date relative to WP renewal

My current visa, a non-B (multi-entry) which has not been extended or otherwise, by Immigration here; expires on 14JAN14 (hence was issued back in Jan13)

I have been meeting the 90 day report madate by naturally leaving the country every few weeks for some short side trips during the last semester. Since I have a multi-entry there has been no issues to date with this.

My current work permit expires on 31OCT13 as that's the end of the school semester..

However, I've decided to stay on one more semester.. Thus the school is going to help me renew the WP.

The new semester will start 01NOV13 and run thru 28FEB14 I recall.. It might go to the first week or March, but I've not seen the formal calendar yet.

My question is this.. Given that my VISA will expire on 14JAN14 but the work permit will (or should) expire in Feb14, will Labour approve the renewal application even though the underlying visa won't reman "good" for the entier the period the WP will run?

Do I need to extend or do something to or with my visa BEFORE i go to Labour seeking a WP renewal for semester #2? or can I use the visa as it is now - good thru Jan14, for this?

The expiration date of your visa does matter. It is your permit to stay date that counts.

If you leave and re-enter prior to Jan. 14 you will get another 90 day entry.

Work permits are not tied to the permit to stay date or you would of only been getting 90 day work permits.

Labor office should issue the work permit for the length of your new contract.

The expiration date of your visa does matter. It is your permit to stay date that counts.

If you leave and re-enter prior to Jan. 14 you will get another 90 day entry.

Work permits are not tied to the permit to stay date or you would of only been getting 90 day work permits.

Labor office should issue the work permit for the length of your new contract.

I just want to be sure Im reading you correctly as it looks like a word got left off the first sentence..

My current period of authorized stay expires on 31OCT13 as my last long weekend trip was back at the end of July -- hence the 90day stamp I got back then when i came back, gave me until 31OCT..

I just want to be sure I can present my current visa, again a non-b multi-entry that expires in Jan14 and with a current period of authorized stay to 31OCT13 togerther with my WP5 renewal app to Labour on Monday. The next semesters contract would run from 01NOV13 to sometime in late Feb or Early March.

I was thinking that they'd want to see/insure that the underyling visa was "good" for the entire period that the WP that it supports is approved for.

Thanks for confirming.

My school is new with hiring foreigners, but they're very good at giving me whatever it is I need paperwork wise and they pay for it all.. They just ask that I nagivate the system.