Where Do American Residents Hang-out?

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, my first post. I am an American, 53 years old, married to a lovely thai woman (at least lovely to me), and have been going to Samui two times a year since 1999. We own some property in the Choengmon area, so we have something of a vested interest in Samui. My question is: Is there a bar or place where American residents (no tourists) hang-out on a regular basis? Something laid-back, no girlie or techno bars. I am, of course, interested in meeting people from all nationalities, but always there is a special kinship with people from your own country. Anybody know? Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, my first post. I am an American, 53 years old, married to a lovely thai woman (at least lovely to me), and have been going to Samui two times a year since 1999. We own some property in the Choengmon area, so we have something of a vested interest in Samui. My question is: Is there a bar or place where American residents (no tourists) hang-out on a regular basis? Something laid-back, no girlie or techno bars. I am, of course, interested in meeting people from all nationalities, but always there is a special kinship with people from your own country. Anybody know? Thanks

When you going to be in Samui? My wife and I are going to be there in June. I am also from the states and my wife is thai. Perhaps we can get together and watch the world cup.

• 2 weeks later...

When you going to be in Samui? My wife and I are going to be there in June. I am also from the states and my wife is thai. Perhaps we can get together and watch the world cup.

You want to watch the World Cup? You are not from America!

:D:o Just kidding! :D

You want to watch the World Cup? You are not from America!

:D:D Just kidding! :D

Why would we want to, we are never in it. :o

Actually, I believe the US has played in the last 5 world cups.

The US isn't on par with the real soccer world, but they have improved in recent years and performed respectfully . There's never traditionally been a "soccer culture"in the US but kids have been more involved in the last 10 years or so.