Mazda 3.

Ace of Pop

Anyone over 6 Foot Three,broken the code of how You get behind the Wheel of a Mazda3 1600 Cc Auto. ?. ,with the seat full back , couldn't get my legs in..Surely this Car is a Cock Up. Walked over to a Mitsu Mirage and walked straight in. On display at Lotus, im miffed.!.....w00t.gif

I know what u mean. My civic feels claustrophobic in comparison to the swift, af least the front leg room is ok in both. I'm 6'3". Never tried the m3 though.

When you get a chance ,try get your legs in.Your Knee will hit the Doorframe,unbelievable.coffee1.gif

how You get behind the Wheel of a Mazda3 1600 Cc Auto

Did you raise the steering wheel or did you leave it set up for a dwarf?

Good Point,but my knee never got near the wheel. It was rather nice apart from that. Yes one could wriggle in,but for everyday use as a runabout i couldnt be bothered.coffee1.gif

to find a 2 door or 3 door hatch here in Thailand is almost impossible = so much better as can re position the seat runner, as the doors are much longer........

4 or 5 doors just does not work as have the same problem try getting in from the rear or front doors = cannot get legs in... the days of bench seats have long gone. otherwise simple for us rather tall people, simple slide over to passenger side..

As for Jeremy Clarkson have seen him getting in some of these cars, he goes in feet 1st,

I had two Mazda 3's in the USA long ago. They were called GLC and then Mazda 323 before the "3". I never had a problem. I am 6'-4". But as I have gathered moons, my body is not as flexible and I have more of a problem getting in a car. I have a Mazda pickup here in Thailand. No problem.

I had two Mazda 3's in the USA long ago. They were called GLC and then Mazda 323 before the "3". I never had a problem. I am 6'-4". But as I have gathered moons, my body is not as flexible and I have more of a problem getting in a car. I have a Mazda pickup here in Thailand. No problem.

Yes, i did make a mistake, tha, it was a New Mazda 1600cc Auto 2, not a 3,which i can get into easy, but its so blinged up i took it for a 3. Anyway id have a Mazda over any Ford here these days.thumbsup.gif .

You do know you bought a Civic and not a City right ;)

Yes, i did make a mistake, tha, it was a New Mazda 1600cc Auto 2, not a 3,which i can get into easy, but its so blinged up i took it for a 3. Anyway id have a Mazda over any Ford here these days.thumbsup.gif .

• Like 1

Im tall too, the Maz3 is spacious, especially the first gen 2004-2009 that followed the protoge 323. mazda2 havent driven but the fiesta will fit, dont like the lack of an armrest though this is normal in the b segment offerings it was good to see a crv like arm rest attached to the driver seat in the ecosport

Edited by Retro Reactive

• 3 months later...

Just passed the intersection of highway no 7 and highway 36 and parked in the shadow, under the fly-over I saw the new model, they taped the logo's and some parts but 100% sure it was the new Mazda 3. The sedan looked really sleek. Testing for a launch in April?

At My Age, i dont give a Rats Ass.As long as it aint a Ford.biggrin.png .

So you'd only buy a Ford if it had a Mazda badge on it? Uh, ok...

I think what you're trying to allude to is model sharing between Mazda and Ford, but I'm pretty sure Ace of Pop isn't interested in pickup trucks smile.png

Anyways, engineering and manufacturing is only part of it.. it appears the biggest problems with Ford are it's pre-sales and after-sales service, not so much the product itself (outside of powershit gearboxes and Rangers with 8mm wading depth :P )

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

The Mondeo is a nice car but as stated before, Ford Thailand sux in service and after sales service. The Mazda 6 is set to come to Thailand within a couple of months and will be equipped with the 2.2 D engine.. This car has more potential in Thailand than the Mondeo IMO

Note that the kerb weight of this car (similar in size as Skoda Superb or Mondeo is only 1395 kg, lots of fun with 420Nm of torque :)

2014-6-side-view.jpg

Edited by sjonburi

At My Age, i dont give a Rats Ass.As long as it aint a Ford.biggrin.png .

So you'd only buy a Ford if it had a Mazda badge on it? Uh, ok...

I think what you're trying to allude to is model sharing between Mazda and Ford, but I'm pretty sure Ace of Pop isn't interested in pickup trucks smile.png

Anyways, engineering and manufacturing is only part of it.. it appears the biggest problems with Ford are it's pre-sales and after-sales service, not so much the product itself (outside of powershit gearboxes and Rangers with 8mm wading depth tongue.png )

...or the Mazda 2 & 3. Even the Mazda 6's platform is used by Ford in some of its 2nd tier (tech-wise) markets like the US.

Are you sure it (Mazda 6) is going to come to Thailand? When the Mazda 6 was first introduced several years ago I was immediately on the phone to Mazda to find out if Thailand was getting it. Their answer was no or else that may be what I would be driving now but the price may place it out of my reach. The price in Thailand puts it above an Accord and Camry at 1,781,000 baht for the 2.5 liter version and 1,513,000 baht for the 2.0 liter. Source Too bad as the price outside Thailand is around $20,000 and would be knocking on Mazda's door to order one at that price.

BTW, before I moved to Thailand I had a Ford Probe with 3.0 Liter engine and it was a very nice car. It also was a joint effort of Ford and Mazda. wink.png

The prices you mention are correct but are based on converted MYR prices into THB. The Mazda 6 sold in Malaysia is imported from Japan hence the relatively high prices. Mazda Motors Corp is supposed to have signed an agreement with the Mazda distributor Bermaz Motor Sdn for a manufacturing programme in Malaysia which already produces the Mazda CX-5 and Mazda 3. The Mazda 6 is supposedly to be added to the production line somewhere this year and will have a friendlier price tag compared to the imported Mazda 6 from Japan. The upcoming CO2 based tax system might be an incentive for Mazda with their skyactiv technology to introduce some much needed competition for the Camry, Teana and Accord.

The Mazda 6 2.0 has a CO2 emission of 139 g/km The 2.2 D 127 g/km.

• Like 2

The New Mazda 3 which will be introduced here this year got some rave reviews, here's one from the UK:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Mazda-3-20-Sport-2013-CAR-review/

Note that this is the 2.0 version with "just" 118 bhp unit tuned for fuel economy but still has 210 Nm of torque. 0-62 mph = 8.9 sec and top speed of 123 Mph and fuel consumption is on average about 16-17 km/l. I like the way Mazda engineers are able to achieve similar or better fuel consumption than all those 1.2 / 1.4 turbocharged engines from from a N/A 2.0 and with similar performance. There's also a 2.0 high-output engine with 165 HP and only slightly better performance. Wonder which one they will put in the Thai Mazda 3.

Not sure if the 2.2. D will make it to our shores as it probably will be close to THB 1.2 mln due to it's >> 2000 cc displacement