Tourist, but want to import something... where to start?

BigBrosMo

Hi there, I am a regular tourist, every year spending time on an island down south that I've been building a house on... nothing major, but a hobby nonetheless.

Unable to find a distributor in Thailand, I'd like to import an LPG refrigerator and freezer from China. I found the supplier... and have the HS code for Duty. I spoke to the customs office and they confirmed that under the HS code 8418.29.00 if I can provide form E, because of a free trade agreement with China, Duty is 0%, but I have to pay 7% VAT. No problem.

But how do I make all this happen? Where do I find a broker that will help arrange the customs paperwork and hopefully can help me forward the applicances down south from Bangkok upon their arrival?

Thanks for any input.

• Like 1

Hi there, I am a regular tourist, every year spending time on an island down south that I've been building a house on... nothing major, but a hobby nonetheless.

Unable to find a distributor in Thailand, I'd like to import an LPG refrigerator and freezer from China. I found the supplier... and have the HS code for Duty. I spoke to the customs office and they confirmed that under the HS code 8418.29.00 if I can provide form E, because of a free trade agreement with China, Duty is 0%, but I have to pay 7% VAT. No problem.

But how do I make all this happen? Where do I find a broker that will help arrange the customs paperwork and hopefully can help me forward the applicances down south from Bangkok upon their arrival?

Thanks for any input.

Yes I could help. Please send me more details at [email protected]