Satellite Internet Connection

Tornado

As I am moving to the sticks in a few days time, I will need a satellite internet connection as there is no phone line in my village. Anyone have a tried and approved set up/company I should contact?

rates? website? etc.

thanks. :o

I am paying now (IPstar satelite) baht 1605 /month

23 hrs day connection.One fixed point (my compu) and one mobile wireless (my laptop).

Can use them at the same time.

The tariff was an end of last year special offer of one year at a monthly rate of 1500.Mentioned on this website.

23 hrs day connection.One fixed point (my compu) and one mobile wireless (my laptop).

The tariff was an end of last year special offer of one year at a monthly rate of 1500.Mentioned on this website.

How is the service ? Does it cut out ? Often ? And does IPSTAR have service in the north - Chiangmai environs ? Thanks. MalcolmL

How is the service ? Does it cut out ? Often ? And does IPSTAR have service in the north - Chiangmai environs ? Thanks. MalcolmL

With all due respect, if you do a little searching you will find pages and pages of threads on the IPstar satellite, both in this forum and the Pattaya forum - and other forums, for all I know.

Suffice to say, there are many unhappy Ipstar customers. I for one, would dump it tomorrow if there was an alternative. Problems? Very slow, and contant crashing/disconnecting. At one time earlier this year, it was unusable for about 2 weeks.

Having said that, it has improved a lot over the past 2 months. It still has a habit of being unsufferably slow for much of the time, but the downtime incidents have reduced considerably. Still crashes maybe 2- 3 times a day on average, but usually not for more than a few minutes each time - unlike the hours it used to be down before. Some people say the boxes overheat and recommend putting fans on them and turning them off when not in use. I'm still unconvinced about that but always turn it off overnight and when I go out. So maybe there is something in it, as its much better these days.

So there you are. :o

No doubt all the Ipstar users will fill up a few more pages with their latest experiences. :D