Nigerian man caught at Survanabhumi with THB2 million of cocaine in stomach

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I know I am asking for trouble but here goes anyway.

Sometimes I think of how much money and time is spent trying to arrest drug traffickers. Then I think of all the money and time in court/lawyer fees, prison meals, extra guards etc that needs to be spent. After all of this most of the people that are even caught are the mules so locking them up doesnt solve anything and means almost nothing. The "businessmen" are almost never caught in any country. Mean while the BIB are keeping supply low which artificially pushes prices higher. Drug addicts then must commit crimes to buy these expensive drugs.

Is all this really worth it? Is there not a better way?

I dont condone drug use, it is a very serious issue but i cant stop wondering.....

You have a point. Maybe if the X-ray machine they're using could be tweaked to cause the drug-containing sacks in the stomach, if & when present, to just rupture...

Sometimes I think of how much money and time is spent trying to arrest drug traffickers. Then I think of all the money and time in court/lawyer fees, prison meals, extra guards etc that needs to be spent. After all of this most of the people that are even caught are the mules so locking them up doesnt solve anything and means almost nothing. The "businessmen" are almost never caught in any country. Mean while the BIB are keeping supply low which artificially pushes prices higher. Drug addicts then must commit crimes to buy these expensive drugs.

I dont condone drug use, it is a very serious issue but i cant stop wondering.....

The "War" on drugs will never be won. Better alternatives need to be enacted. At least some Countries and States in the US have woken up to Marijuana and legalised this medicinal "Drug" Big Pharma Companies corrupt Guvments etc have a lot to answer for. Zero deaths using marijuana but illegal, Cigarettes and alcohol cause millions of deaths but they are legal....Go figure. whistling.gif

There is no common sense in your thinking, so your way, save money and let them go through flood the streets so the people can afford to buy more and the very young can afford to buy some. You need to check your haircut place could be bad stuff they are rubbing on your hair affecting your brain

Your argument is not valid, and there is plenty of common sense to my thinking. i dont have "a way'" where above did i recommend anything? i simply said that the current system is F'ed and they need to come up with a new plan. Why are you attacking me personally? Maybe because you have no idea what your talking about, or maybe because you have a stake in the current system. Maybe its something else but please start actually reading posts before you decide to comment and make yourself look dumb. take your anger else where because its affecting your judgement.

You are not a asking for trouble but you are naive, very much so I must say. It is about supply and demand. Is there a demand for the drug you are talking about? Sure! Is there a supply? Sure! Ok, get rid of one and problem is solved. The government must have balls, especially if it is a country like Mexico, to send all of the troupes in. Send the army, navy air force etc, and ask for help from USA since it is one of the biggest digesters of the drug... Oh and call the expendables, which movie is to come out soon......

the problem is that even if you take away the supply there is still demand. where there is no supply of something that is heavily demanded the market place will innovate and create new methods of supply or substitute products. this is what has been going on for a the last 50 years. even with an all out assault on drugs we cannot remove them from the system. even when the authorities cut off the head of a network, the network grows a new head. they need to find a way to get to the heart or its all just a dog chasing its tail.

• Like 1

Itchy bum, before I set foot on Thailand, I used to think all white folks were educated, smart and reasonable.

I have long taken that thought to dark corner and beaten it to death.

That is not a Nigerian name, except he is using a fake passport with false name

Have you ever sent out one of 'those' emails ?

More than my share I think.

How much are you worth, I hate stealing from poor folks.

Do you recall being in Scotland and holding up a sign saying 'I have sheeps testicles' for a photo opportunity ?

The ends don't really include the elimination of the drug trade. The "war" is a an end in its own right, and govts want to keep it going and growing as long as possible. It justifies higher taxes and increased spending, employs thousands, empowers law enforcement, curtails individual liberties, and presents endless potential for new & expanded govt programs. From the perspective of a career politician, it's far preferable to keep fighting the war on drugs than to do anything that might actually win it.

• Like 1

A Nigerian NOT caught with dope- now THAT would be news!

Here's how it works. Send several mules on a run. Finger one for the authorities by well established networks. The authorities get to make an arrest and show they are doing they're job, the drug kingpins get there product through..

We know how it works, but thanks for trying to teach crocodiles how to swim.

I pointed out the astronomical proportions of them who come in with dope are Nigerian.

Itchy bum, before I set foot on Thailand, I used to think all white folks were educated, smart and reasonable.

I have long taken that thought to dark corner and beaten it to death.

Have you ever sent out one of 'those' emails ?

More than my share I think.

How much are you worth, I hate stealing from poor folks.

Do you recall being in Scotland and holding up a sign saying 'I have sheeps testicles' for a photo opportunity ?

I could have told you that in an email.

Now his mother will have no money to buy health care. Sad

Hope the Nigerian business man is arrested and charged.

They use the sick mother story like thai woman who want money from falang bf.

He wanted to get rich so he could live a jet set life in Thailand, no he face jailhouse instead.

Bangkok is full of Nigerians who "made it" through customs bah.gif

This is a tricky one... which is the least desirable, Nigerian drug mules or Nigerian hookers on the streets? It's a tough one that.

Both are dirty, and non desirable.

I'll stick to the sweet chocolate Thai version.

you have a lot of experience with Nigerian drug mules and Nigerian hookers?

• Like 1