Thai consumer confidence down to 11-month low

webfact

CONFIDENCE
Consumer confidence down to 11-month low

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Poor economic outlook, flood and intensifying political condition pressured consumer confidence in September.

The consumer confidence index in September declined for the sixth months in a row, according to the University of Thai Chamber of Commerce.

At 77.9, the index was the lowest in 11 months, since November 2012.

Thanavath Phonvichai, director of the university’s economic study centre, attributed the fall to low confidence in economic condition particularly the export slump, persistently high cost of living, flood, and global volatility as well as political situation.

He expected the confidence to remain low until the middle of the fourth quarter, as there is no sign of economic recoveries. He noted that if the political chaos can be neutralised soon and if the government can spend more, confidence should pick up in the fourth quarter.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-03

Thai consumer confidence nosedives to lowest in 11 months
By English News

13807898435744.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 3 - Thailand's consumer confidence index (CCI) plunged for the sixth consecutive month to 77.9 in September and to its lowest in 11 months, an academic survey revealed today.

Thanawat Polvichai, director of the Economic and Business Research Centre of the University of Thai Chamber of Commerce, said Thai people's consumption will slow successively until the fourth quarter in light of lack of any recovery signals.

He said consumers have remained wary of various situations, especially Thailand's export slowdown, which has its consequences for the Thai economy, such as the higher cost of living, political volatility, global economic drawbacks and floods.

The university research centre predicted a slowdown in consumer purchasing until at least mid-Q4 since there are no signs of economic recovery, said Dr Thanawat who indicated that the CCI in the fourth quarter would not improve unless the government achieves political stability and speeds up budget disbursements through financial policy to encourage liquidity. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-10-03

Thai consumer confidence nosedives to lowest in 11 months

By English News

13807898435744.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 3 - Thailand's consumer confidence index (CCI) plunged for the sixth consecutive month to 77.9 in September and to its lowest in 11 months, an academic survey revealed today.

Thanawat Polvichai, director of the Economic and Business Research Centre of the University of Thai Chamber of Commerce, said Thai people's consumption will slow successively until the fourth quarter in light of lack of any recovery signals.

He said consumers have remained wary of various situations, especially Thailand's export slowdown, which has its consequences for the Thai economy, such as the higher cost of living, political volatility, global economic drawbacks and floods.

The university research centre predicted a slowdown in consumer purchasing until at least mid-Q4 since there are no signs of economic recovery, said Dr Thanawat who indicated that the CCI in the fourth quarter would not improve unless the government achieves political stability and speeds up budget disbursements through financial policy to encourage liquidity. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-10-03

Is a properly stocked super market shelf indicative of a lack of consumer confidence?

I think shelves in markets should be stocked well. It benefits the store as well as the consumer and economy.

Edited by watcharacters
  • Like 1

My guess is that is will continue to go down as more Thai people see what this government is doing to them. Until last week my daughter didn't know the YL got her brother a Thai passport. She asked me if that was lawful. I told her I simply didn't know what is and what is not lawful in this country. The laws seem to get changed to quickly for anyone to understand.

My guess is that is will continue to go down as more Thai people see what this government is doing to them. Until last week my daughter didn't know the YL got her brother a Thai passport. She asked me if that was lawful. I told her I simply didn't know what is and what is not lawful in this country. The laws seem to get changed to quickly for anyone to understand.

Thai people have not the slightest idea of what this government is doing to them. Your daughter will like the majority of Thai people conclude that the passport was not a problem.

The only thing they notice is that when they want to go shopping and they open their purse, they found out that it's empty, because the food items they bought last shopping trip at the same price as always lasted less long...............because they were smaller in size than regular.

You can fool some people all the time, but you can't fool all people some time.

So you think the passport given to Taksin was the reason for the slump in consumer confidence ? blink.png