buying tools

dazk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You ask where to buy - Anywhere and everywhere...

However, you allude to wanting a selection to choose from - any major city has a Global House or Tool Pro Plus, both of which have an excellent selection of US, Japanese and European Brands.

However, you allude to wanting a selection to choose from - any major city has a Global House or Tool Pro Plus, both of which have an excellent selection of US, Japanese and European Brands.

there is no global in pattaya or a tool pro plus thanks

If you can wait a bit there is a Thai Watsadu opening on November the 14th in the old Kanong store on Sukhumvit, that will have a massive range of tools.

There is also a Thai Watsadu on the 36 close to Global house in Rayong, big place.

there is no global in pattaya or a tool pro plus thanks

And Tool Pro Plus only seems to be in Udonthani.

If you can wait a bit there is a Thai Watsadu opening on November the 14th in the old Kanong store on Sukhumvit, that will have a massive range of tools.

There is also a Thai Watsadu on the 36 close to Global house in Rayong, big place.

They must have a bad advertising sign, as I went looking for them last Sunday and couldn't find them. Have driven until Big C where I made the U-turn under the bridge .

Can you give some directions ?

thinking fo driving out the hardware house at siracha today but but not sure if there is flooding out there, anyone know

Hardware house is along Highway 7 , so no flooding there. The branch on road 36 towards Rayong is actually more convenient for Pattaya and not so crowed in space.

Edited by jbrain

thinking fo driving out the hardware house at siracha today but but not sure if there is flooding out there, anyone know

Hardware house is along Highway 7 , so no flooding there. The branch on road 36 towards Rayong is actually more convenient for Pattaya and not so crowed in space.

i thought rayong was further out than siracha, how long to drive there

The branch isn't Rayong, it's towards Rayong about half way between pattaya and Rayong, I guess about 20 km from Pattaya.

Watch also my remark about the crowded space at the Sriracha branch.

Edited by jbrain

The Rayong branch of hardware house is probably closer and also larger range. It's about 5km after the Ban Chang turnoff traffic lights. Look for the big shell petrol station next door. I have used both shops a lot and the k the Rayong one is better. Just don't order a coffee there, probably the worst in Thailand unless you like it with about 10 spoons of sugar.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The branch isn't Rayong, it's towards Rayong about half way between pattaya and Rayong, I guess about 20 km from Pattaya.

Watch also my remark about the crowded space at the Sriracha branch.

ok thanks for the tip

The Rayong branch of hardware house is probably closer and also larger range. It's about 5km after the Ban Chang turnoff traffic lights. Look for the big shell petrol station next door. I have used both shops a lot and the k the Rayong one is better. Just don't order a coffee there, probably the worst in Thailand unless you like it with about 10 spoons of sugar.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

thanks

They must have a bad advertising sign, as I went looking for them last Sunday and couldn't find them. Have driven until Big C where I made the U-turn under the bridge .

You did not go far enough, another 3-4 Km. On the Right. Very large sign.

You did not go far enough, another 3-4 Km. On the Right. Very large sign.

Thanks for the directions, but as that would mean about 10km away from GH, I hardly can call that close to.

Hardware house is the best shop i've been to in Thailand, you can get anything in there, but if you want somewhere closer and are only looking for power tools there is a shop on Pattaya Nua, heading towards sukumvit rd on the left just after the bus station about 100m before suk rd, its on a corner and has a load of jet washers out the front. Bit of an Aladdin's cave but they have loads and loads of power tools for tradesman, mainly bosch and makita but also have cheaper brands.

The Rayong branch of hardware house is probably closer and also larger range. It's about 5km after the Ban Chang turnoff traffic lights. Look for the big shell petrol station next door. I have used both shops a lot and the k the Rayong one is better.

I have visited the Rayong branch today.

Yes it's larger than Sriracha...

BUT

It smells very bad inside, something like...adhesive or rests of thinner/paint or "plasticizers".

Wife and me left the store after one hour shopping, with headaches.

The girl at the information desk, where my wife has applied for a member card, told her that this smell consists from first day since opening. (3 months)

At home, I had to change my clothes because of this smelling.

Next time I will definitely use the Sriracha branch again.

Although I live on the dark side, I find it's much more convenient/quicker, to go to the Sriracha branch.

The road 36 is in bad condition after the rainfalls, especially the direction to Pattaya.

Edited by Turkleton

The Rayong branch of hardware house is probably closer and also larger range. It's about 5km after the Ban Chang turnoff traffic lights. Look for the big shell petrol station next door. I have used both shops a lot and the k the Rayong one is better.

BUT

It smells very bad inside, something like...adhesive or rests of thinner/paint or "plasticizers".

The girl at the information desk, where my wife has applied for a member card, told her that this smell consists from first day since opening. (3 months)

Although I live on the dark side, I find it's much more convenient/quicker, to go to the Sriracha branch.

The road 36 is in bad condition after the rainfalls, especially the direction to Pattaya.

That's strange, because I've been there both yesterday and the previous Sunday and didn't smell anything, maybe I should go see a doctor for my nose biggrin.png

I agree with about the road condition, this is really unbearable, and I believe that part has just re surfaced 1 0r 2 years ago.. Add to that they are now re-surfacing the road near the Bira circuit over a stretch of 4-5 km . I decided to come home over Khao Mai Kheo.

BUT

That's strange, because I've been there both yesterday and the previous Sunday and didn't smell anything, maybe I should go see a doctor for my nose biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

I agree with about the road condition, this is really unbearable, and I believe that part has just re surfaced 1 0r 2 years ago.. Add to that they are now re-surfacing the road near the Bira circuit over a stretch of 4-5 km . I decided to come home over Khao Mai Kheo.

I go there on a weekly basis and have since they opened. Never really noticed a smell in there and certainly no headaches. There was a bit of new paint smell for the first few weeks but nothing now and I was there yesterday

HarwareHouse is a beautiful new store. I have spent at least 2 hours in there walking all the aisles and did not notice any unusual odors. In fact the shopping experience is better than GH and Thaiwatsadu as it was far cooler inside. I usually can only stay in GH about 30 minutes before I'm too hot to shop around anymore.

I am in Ban Chang so this store is very easy to get to. Yes the highway 36 is in bad shape. It will get repaired in Thai time.

Maybe my nose is just better or I am more sensitive...biggrin.png .

I noticed this most strongly at the office section, but present everywhere

It's like the odor of these plastic boxes, they sell everywhere.

However, I have bought a doormat yesterday and when I woke up last night, I threw it outside, because our living room smelled like the hardwarehouse.

It's a great store, but it definitely stinks!

I will try it again in six months (or when they have repaired the road).

Maybe my nose is just better or I am more sensitive...biggrin.png .

I noticed this most strongly at the office section, but present everywhere

It's like the odor of these plastic boxes, they sell everywhere.

However, I have bought a doormat yesterday and when I woke up last night, I threw it outside, because our living room smelled like the hardwarehouse.

It's a great store, but it definitely stinks!

I will try it again in six months (or when they have repaired the road).

The smell must be gone now, since you took the doormat home biggrin.png

• Like 2

True Value - on SkVT opposite Outlet mall has some lovely stuff - but hardly lives up to the name - they do stock a lot of US imported stuff.

For engineers and mechanics tools there is the shop by TESCOs on Amata Nakorn..........sockets, tapping tools torque wrenches etc etc....

THere ae also a number for VERY good harwae stores in that area as they are supplying the vast Amata Industrial Estate.

I'd go to the tool shop and ask the chaps in there - they'll be happy to direct you.

lots of good local knowledge on this thread so maybe someone can point me in the right direction ... I need a tool to remove a rounded off allen head bolt that is recessed. I have seen a couple of tools on the net that might work... or just a reversed drill bit would be worth a try... I am heading out now on my quest, first to the. home pro on Pattaya Klang and if no luck then on to some of the smaller shops mentioned on this thread .. if anyone knows where I can purchase such a tool in or near Pattaya please post as I will check this thread again if no luck at home pro... TIA

lots of good local knowledge on this thread so maybe someone can point me in the right direction ... I need a tool to remove a rounded off allen head bolt that is recessed. I have seen a couple of tools on the net that might work... or just a reversed drill bit would be worth a try... I am heading out now on my quest, first to the. home pro on Pattaya Klang and if no luck then on to some of the smaller shops mentioned on this thread .. if anyone knows where I can purchase such a tool in or near Pattaya please post as I will check this thread again if no luck at home pro... TIA

I realise it's a bit of a trek but would suggest you go straight to hardwarehouse as they have a great range of tools to do just about anything with the advantage that they are all on display for your browsing so no need for the language issues while you try to explain what you want to do.

I need a tool to remove a rounded off allen head bolt that is recessed

Have you tried to beat in a slightly bigger Torx socket? (no Chinese "quality steel"!)

That works in in 95% of all cases.

We used to use this trick to loosen the (mostly rounded) bolts at the front drive-shafts from Volkswagen cars in the former live wink.png

post-158247-0-46262900-1381832341_thumb.