Local coffee beans in NST

fin5prtw

Does anyone know how I would go about finding a vendor who sells local coffee beans in Nakhon Sri Thammarat?? I currently use coffee beans from Boncafe, and have previously used a Bangkok vendor, but I would like to find something a bit closer to home, especially as I have heard that Nakhon is quite famous for its coffee.

Any information (location, phone number, cost etc) is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Phoebe

Tesco sells good (IMHO!!) Thai grown ground coffee.... under the Tesco brand name.... I was quite surprised it was Thai grown!... (in black foil bag) worth trying! thumbsup.gif

Really? I haven't seen them in my local tesco, then again I am way out in the sticks! I'll check it out in the big tesco in NST... do you know approximately how much they cost per bag??

Tesco sells good (IMHO!!) Thai grown ground coffee.... under the Tesco brand name.... I was quite surprised it was Thai grown!... (in black foil bag) worth trying! thumbsup.gif

Really? I haven't seen them in my local tesco, then again I am way out in the sticks! I'll check it out in the big tesco in NST... do you know approximately how much they cost per bag??

Yes really! tongue.png ... amazing but true...biggrin.png ....At least on Samui, but I am sure Tesco in NST would probably have too. (Coffee section)

The type I have is espresso blend, in black foil bag... If memory serves it was 155 baht for 250 grams. I can't remember what other blends they had.

I have brought ground coffee from Makro in larger silver foil bag, in the past, but not sure if that is Thai coffee... but it was OK. .... Out of laziness to go through the process of making I general resort to using Nescafe coffee1.gif and forget the ground is tucked in the fridge... rolleyes.gif... this will get me to use it! thumbsup.gif

So you are saying Coffee is grown around NST ?, that surprises me,.... I thought only up north around Chaing Rai region ...

Edited by samuijimmy