Art supplies in Thailand

Artist

I am a professional artist and my wife has an arts retreat guest house in Isaan. One of our guests recently asked where she could get good art supplies in Bangkok. There was a useful discussion on the topic here in Thai Visa and I used it to source a good supplier. To make it easy for my guests to find I have included detailed instructions and photos on my website. I planned to add a link to the information on the earlier discussion but it has been archived so I thought I would post it here.

The instructions are here http://thailand-painting-holidays.com/art-supplies/

If anybody wants to add more information to this please do and I will incorporate it in my web page.

My thanks to everybody who contributed to the earlier discussion which was so helpful.

• Like 1

Pinstriping is a type of art that I have never looked at so I can't really help you. You could ring Somjai and ask them. As you know, its very difficult to communicate your requirements when you don't know the equivalent Thai word so ringing them might be hard:) I have just realised that I haven't put their phone number on my website. I will fix that up when my wife gets back and post it here.

Your business is very interesting.

I enjoyed looking at your website and your photo gallery, http://www.peachtreegallery.com/.

You describe the gallery site as "the first Internet art gallery in Australia". Is this true? If you started it in 1995, it's certainly very old.

Good luck to you. It must be nice living up there by the river.

Hi Thanks for your comments. When I set up the Peach Tree Gallery website in March 1995 I searched for other web galleries and found a few but none in Australia. So I claim it was the first in Australia. I think the few that I did find have all gone so I also claim it is the olded web gallery in the world, but I cannot substantiate this:)

Unfortunately, peachtreegallery.com is managed with (for me) legacy technology as it generates html from an Access DB and I have largely moved all my applications into the Google ecosystem on the cloud (I am typing this on my Samsung Chromebook). So I can show high quality images of my paintings on tablets etc I have had to move much of my work onto Squarespace at jeremyholton.com with 1600px images.

I am sitting on my balcony overlooking the Mekong and the fishing boats. It is very lovely and I hope some Thai Visa members will visit us sometime.

Many thanks for the link and valuable information - I'm on the hunt for renaissance wax and I will check out the shoppes you mentioned above.

Enjoyed your site - looks like a nice spot, I wish you lots of success.

Thanks Todd, I appreciate your comments.

Somjai's phone number is 66 2225 0541 but of course you need to be able to speak Thai and know what Thai for Renaissance wax to have any chance of communicatingsmile.png

• Like 1