Help setting up PayPal / Bank, I'm just hitting walls here :(

seefah

Hi,

I'm trying to link my bank account with PayPal so I can sell a couple of things on eBay, but I'm having problems.

When I enter in my SCB VISA card number, it tells me the bank has not allowed the transaction. I presume this is the verification transaction or something? Anyway I can't get past this and therefore can't list anything on eBay (as when clicking on the eBay Continue button to list something, I get pushed to PayPal to pay fees, despite the fee being $0.00, then PayPal insists on bank card). I've also tried with the Kasikorn Bank card, but the 4 digit verification number is in the description, which isn't displayed in the book, ATM, online banking or from the clerk at computer inside the bank. This can't possibly be just me who has had this problem can it? Phone both bank call centers has been pointless, I just get no where with them. This migt actully be 2 problems here but with seperate banks. So frustrating, annoying and tiring.

Please someone tell me how they connected their PayPal for selling with either of these banks?

Edited by seefah

I recently linked my Kasikorn Bank account to my Paypal account with no problem.

I used my K-Max Debit card using the long 16 digit number and exp date - I checked on line a few days later and 70 baht had been debited from my account.

The 4 digit code you should get by text from Kasikorn, this is used to verify the card and to get the 70 baht back.

If 70 baht has been deducted it shows you have successfully linked your card.

I used my Kasikorn Savings Deposit Account to link my bank account, similar procedure, go to your paypal account, link bank account, choose your bank from the drop down option ( I found the Kasikorn bank difficult to find, but it was the second one on the list) enter bank account number.

I checked on line a few days later and 2 deposits had been made (0.01 and 0.03 baht)

Enter these deposits in your Papal account to verify your Bank account.

Tim

Thanks for the info. Yes I should have done a search but was in a hurry today.

As I have now discovered, the SCB card is not a fully functioning debit card as we know them in the western world. So I will persevere with Kasikorn. Still don't know how to get the description from the PayPal -70 Baht transacrion though.