PM Yingluck: Thailand can handle water crisis with mega management projects

webfact

.....translation......much more money....... .....these people are sickening.... ...last anyone checked...Thailand has no more money.....and this government wants to borrow trillions.... ....but still not enough for them....

They learn that from the US.Printing more and more money.You don't know?Blame Thailand then not for all this shit.while the West is doing worse.cheesy.gif

"The Thai premier noted that her government's mega water management project is the beginning of Thailand's potential to handle all kinds of water-related crises..."

THE BEGINNING??? It's not even near the starting line, dear YS. How deep is your pretty head buried in the sand? Do you even know how many provinces in YOUR country is flooded, never mind 'beginning' to handle 'all kinds' of water-related crises.

The sad thing about this whole sorry situation is that the Shinawatra family will not be happy until they have driven this poor country into the ground and sent it bankrupt, while lining their own nests with the peoples' money. And they are so blatant about it, no shame whatsoever. If I was Yingluck I would be too ashamed to show my face in public. That is the sad part.......................

The funny thing is this, I have spoken to many Thai people in the last couple of years about what they think about the government, namely the PTP. Years ago you rarely heard a bad word about them, especially in CM and the north-east. Nowadays a lot of the same people are complaining about them and saying they have let the country down. Seems like the Thai people in the general population are beginning to see the light, but the crazy foreigners who support the Shinawatras/PTP/redshirts on this forum are still behind them 100%. And some of these foreigners spend their spare time telling you how silly Thai people are. I am beginning to wonder. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

The sad thing about this whole sorry situation is that the Shinawatra family will not be happy until they have driven this poor country into the ground and sent it bankrupt, while lining their own nests with the peoples' money. And they are so blatant about it, no shame whatsoever. If I was Yingluck I would be too ashamed to show my face in public. That is the sad part.......................

The funny thing is this, I have spoken to many Thai people in the last couple of years about what they think about the government, namely the PTP. Years ago you rarely heard a bad word about them, especially in CM and the north-east. Nowadays a lot of the same people are complaining about them and saying they have let the country down. Seems like the Thai people in the general population are beginning to see the light, but the crazy foreigners who support the Shinawatras/PTP/redshirts on this forum are still behind them 100%. And some of these foreigners spend their spare time telling you how silly Thai people are. I am beginning to wonder. thumbsup.gif

Unfortunately the same people who feel the pain from their lack of understanding of white lie scams, will fall for the same trick again as soon as they hear about the next set of free luxury populist policy scams, so they elect the same people who will stop at nothing to screw their own voters over and over again...

Unfortunately the same people who feel the pain from their lack of understanding of white lie scams, will fall for the same trick again as soon as they hear about the next set of free luxury populist policy scams, so they elect the same people who will stop at nothing to screw their own voters over and over again...

I am seeing a pattern....................sad.png

Is this setting the stage for another 350 billion ?

Perhaps she was just warming up the audience for the main event..,bit of levity

Yingluck Shinawatra reaffirmed to the gathered Asia Pacific leadership that her government's investment in Bt350 billion of water management projects will successfully handle all kinds of water-related crises.

How come or rather why does not one single persson at these meetings bring the obvious up and ask .... Humm ! Mrs. PM.... is there not major flooding happening at this very moment ...?? All these meetings are the same... she sits there and lies and says nothing but stupidities but nobody says a word and just gawk at her and fall all over her .......Pfffffffffffffffff!!

• Like 1

Och behave......there was a chronic mismanagement of flood control prior to the Great Flood, every government of every colour was to blame. Thailand is on a flood plain.......and it will take years for the country to undo the mistakes of previous governments.

There was no way it would be fixed in two years, and it will never be fully solved. Even in advanced Europe rivers flood, get over it.

Your right but almost nothing has been done plans stalled because the government failed to do impact studies and keep the projects transparent. Its mismanagement.

I can give plenty of examples... they are building a sluice here.. been stalled because the money was gone (corruption). Nobody did a thing for months.

Thing is because of the massive graft in this government things dont work.

Got to agree Rob. All the promises and actions from 2011 - few if any delivered. Corruption, lethargy and simply inept. What's worse, we get a repeat of the same rhetoric - don't worry, it's under control, all gone in 7 days, the Bt 350 million projects will sort it all out etc etc. Reality is Bt 120 million allocated for emergency work in response to the 2011 mega flood seems to have vanished with little visible results, And the leading politicians still spout the same nonsense - and get away with it. KY now seems to think she can do the same internationally as at home. Tell them anything - they'll believe it. Incredible arrogance and contempt.

Blether is right in that this a product of chronic mismanagement over many governments. But, credit due, this government are mismanaging better!

Well, if Abhisit can't make any headway out of this mess, then he really has to be classified as utterly useless.

Is this setting the stage for another 350 billion ?

Perhaps she was just warming up the audience for the main event..,bit of levity

Yingluck Shinawatra reaffirmed to the gathered Asia Pacific leadership that her government's investment in Bt350 billion of water management projects will successfully handle all kinds of water-related crises.

How come or rather why does not one single persson at these meetings bring the obvious up and ask .... Humm ! Mrs. PM.... is there not major flooding happening at this very moment ...?? All these meetings are the same... she sits there and lies and says nothing but stupidities but nobody says a word and just gawk at her and fall all over her .......Pfffffffffffffffff!!

This is called Diplomacy. Pretend to listen politely and immediately afterwards erase it from your memory. You can't tell a foreign PM or other head of government that he/she is a clueless incompetent moron. But you will base your further action on this assessment. Remember KY's hilarious offer to resolve the South China Sea conflict with "a woman's touch"? Wasn't even remotely considered by other states involved, despite Thailand having a world wide reputation for "women's touches". And her water management proposal will receive the same treatment as Plodprasob's idiotic water-pushing-machines did not go completely unnoticed outside Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...