Let them Eat Tail: Croc meat offered to flood victims

webfact

Let them Eat Tail: Croc meat offered to flood victims
By Coconuts Bangkok

crocs.edit_.jpg?itok=-36UCUMd
Photo: Sri Ayutthaya Crocodile Farm

AYUTTHAYA crocodile farmer with a big heart and a lot of meat has started sharing it with those less fortunate.

This week Wichian Rueangnet, owner of the Sri Ayutthaya Crocodile Farm about 100 kilometers north of Bangkok, started giving away tail meat to people displaced by the floods.

“We hope our crocodile meat can be used in the preparation of food for flood victims and we will be ready to supply the meat to the campaign as long as they want,” Wichian said.

Although the farm raises them for their leather, crocodile meat sells for nearly twice as much as staple such as chicken or pork. [read more...]

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-10-11

Croc meat at Makro comes from Aust. I wanted to purchase Thai farm raised croc meat

in Pattaya area.............Where to purchase "locally farmed" crock meat was the question

post-9891-0-21644100-1381477506_thumb.jp

I think this is what you are looking for and is sold at Makro, along with Thai ostrich, frog, boar, deer and several other species.

Why would Makro import Aussie crocodile meat when Thailand has an abundant domestic supply?.

"Let them eat tail"

Stand by for the shower of double entendres.

A woman walks into a bar and asks the barman for a Double Entendre - so the barman gave her one.

I'm not sure if there was any free croc on the side though

With or without an olive?rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Croc meat at Makro comes from Aust. I wanted to purchase Thai farm raised croc meat

in Pattaya area.............Where to purchase "locally farmed" crock meat was the question

Yes I know what you meant. I have just went to my freezer, I have the Malai 'chunk cut' from the freezer section in Makro... It says 'product of Thailand'.

OMG... I love crocodile meat. I get it at Makro, Should buy the better cut, it

tasts like a cross between shrimp and white chicken. This comes from

Aust. I didn't know it was farmed locally. Anyone know where you can

purchase it in the Pattaya area?

Well as somebody noted earlier,wait for the double entendre.

I don't believe crocodile tastes like a cross between chicken and anything, it tastes like crocodile, however, my great joy is eating tail.

attachicon.gifcrocodilemeat.jpg

I think this is what you are looking for and is sold at Makro, along with Thai ostrich, frog, boar, deer and several other species.

Why would Makro import Aussie crocodile meat when Thailand has an abundant domestic supply?.

Which of course reminds me, that I met my Australian wife in Thailand and married her in Thailand.

I also took 2 kg of coal from Moura in Queensland, to Newcastle in England.

• Like 2

Which of course reminds me, that I met my Australian wife in Thailand and married her in Thailand.

I also took 2 kg of coal from Moura in Queensland, to Newcastle in England.

Were you the guy who got busted entering Australia at Sydney Airport smuggling funnel web spiders in your jocks ?

Hard for me to get excited about eating a giant gecko with lots of teeth and a bad attitude. Would be nice if the government looked after the poor people as well as the croc farmer does. thumbsup.gif

The Croc farm in Sriracha sells it. Right by the Sriracha Tiger Zoo

"Let them eat tail"

Stand by for the shower of double entendres.

A woman walks into a bar and asks the barman for a Double Entendre - so the barman gave her one.

I'm not sure if there was any free croc on the side though

With or without an olive?rolleyes.gif

No chance of finding a "cherry" - that's for sure..........

if you are used to Aussie croc you won't like Thai croc. personally i miss Florida 'Gator' tail.

Any good recipes anyone ? It would be a bit bland all out there on the plate as lonesome as can be sad.png

marinated "spicy blackened Cajun" style, charcoal grilled and served with prik nam pla. YUM! smile.png

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&as_q=china+provinces&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=#as_qdr=all&hl=en&lr=&q=blackened+gator+tail+recipe

you can buy it raw or prepared at Pattaya's Crocodile Farm.