Fitting the Akrapovic.

dogpoo

Can you put up a pic of the whole set up?

The bracket is wrong.

There has been a change to the swing arm from the Euro version or an earlier version.

The 3 mounting points on that bracket are incorrect.

I'm about to make my own bracket to cure the issue.

very hard to tell from the photos. I will say that not all aftermarket exhausts use all the factory mounts. Aftermarkets are usually lighter.

What do the instructions call for?

The Akrapovic is sooo much lighter than the standard exhaust, the instructions only mention one fixing point to the bike, a friend has had his on the bike for a long time without any problems, I have had no problems!

where does anyone mention a cylinder head?

I ran an ethos full system on my nc30 for 4 years without any fixing point for the can. never a problem, looked alot better too

Yea sorry that is a reply to a pm to another poster! I'm not worried about there only being one fixing point, the exhaust is very light and the bolt will never come lose!

very hard to tell from the photos. I will say that not all aftermarket exhausts use all the factory mounts. Aftermarkets are usually lighter.

The instructions call for a different swing arm and mounting points from the bikes that are currently supplied in TH

The instructions call for a different swing arm and mounting points from the bikes that are currently supplied in TH

I am sure you are right, it would make sense to have a second fixing point under the exhaust to stop any possible movement, if you do manage to make something make 2, one for me!!

I am sure you are right, it would make sense to have a second fixing point under the exhaust to stop any possible movement, if you do manage to make something make 2, one for me!!

I'll check with the dealer tomorrow.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that's struck this issue.

As an aside, the whole bracket is dead poxy looking anyway. The person that designed it needs a good swift kick up the backside.

I'll check with the dealer tomorrow.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that's struck this issue.

As an aside, the whole bracket is dead poxy looking anyway. The person that designed it needs a good swift kick up the backside.

Yea I suppose it's not the best looking thing!

Is this thread for real? Why put an expensive after market exhaust on a sofa with wheels. Good God why? That's got to be one of the silliest things I have ever seen.

You don't have to post in a thread you don't agree with unless you are just bored, what a ridiculous reply!!

Is this thread for real? Why put an expensive after market exhaust on a sofa with wheels. Good God why? That's got to be one of the silliest things I have ever seen.

Because I can, that's why.

I don't care what you think is silly. I'd also wager that you do or have done things in your life which I might think is pretty silly. Do you care about that? Thought so..........

I'd be putting thread locking compound on the one bolt!

Loctite is the most common brand.

The bolt is not the problem

Ignore the previous poster he is just trying to wind people up, these forums are full of these sorts, let me know if you find a bracket!!

You don't have to post in a thread you don't agree with unless you are just bored, what a ridiculous reply!!

Not that I don't agree with it. I don't understand it. Fixing very expensive aftermarket items to a scooter/couch...I mean your just taking the piss right? Of course it isn't going to fit. It's designed for a motorcycle. What does this accomplish other than a louder scooter/couch? Surely you're not trying to improve performance. Help me understand please.

Not that I don't agree with it. I don't understand it. Fixing very expensive aftermarket items to a scooter/couch...I mean your just taking the piss right? Of course it isn't going to fit. It's designed for a motorcycle. What does this accomplish other than a louder scooter/couch? Surely you're not trying to improve performance. Help me understand please.

Tell us out your bike?

^ No, I'de like to see where you're going with this. I am totally prepared to be shown the light. :)

At present I have a Ninja 650, my 4th in Thailand. Previously I have also a had Honda CBR400RR, Yamaha R6, and Yamaha YZF600R.

Edited by NomadJoe

^ No, I'de like to see where you're going with this. I am totally prepared to be shown the light. :)

At present I have a Ninja 650, my 4th in Thailand. Previously I have also a had Honda CBR400RR, Yamaha R6, and Yamaha YZF600R.

Okay I'll play along, you have anything non standard on your Ninja? please don't say you have a very noisy exhaust!!

This thread is getting a bit silly. They can d@mn well put what they want on their scooter or bike....it's their money. So the bracket is wrong. Get the seller to fix it or fix it yourself or leave it as it is....tis your call guys!

This thread is getting a bit silly. They can d@mn well put what they want on their scooter or bike....it's their money. So the bracket is wrong. Get the seller to fix it or fix it yourself or leave it as it is....tis your call guys!

I agree with you, this is getting silly and again you are right it's up to the owners what they do with there bikes, personally I add things to make the bike look better in my eyes, nothing I add has anything to do with wanting to make a slow bike go faster, I am very happy with limiting my speed to between 80/100 kph on open roads and slower around Phuket, it's fast enough for me, the bracket is fine to me, I will change it if there is a replacement available.

why not?

i think akra looks and sounds thousand times better than stock on forza and it is same why owners of r6 install aftermarket pipes on their bikes, are they silly too?

you have no chance to criticize tastes or choice of others. you do and you sound silly.

also not your money.

• Like 1

^ No, I'de like to see where you're going with this. I am totally prepared to be shown the light. smile.png

Lucky you........ I wish I had enough money to buy a Ninjatongue.png

Actually, I just noticed, I think I might just be able manage that amount of money from tomorrow's earnings.

Edited by Woodsie888
  • Like 1

^ No, I'de like to see where you're going with this. I am totally prepared to be shown the light. Posted Image

Lucky you........ I wish I had enough money to buy a NinjaPosted Image

Actually, I just noticed, I think I might just be able manage that amount of money from tomorrow's earnings.

We didn't play his game so he has gone elsewhere! But whoooo ER6n with a very noisy exhaust!! Lol