Honda Accord Coupe

teej

Why doesn't Thailand get the coupe version of the Accord? I think it would be a pretty big seller here... (or the Civic coupe for that matter)

I'ts a matter of what they think the market will support. I also would like to see the Civic coupe here also, but alas. When I saw the new Mazda6 I kept contacting the Mazda dealers to see if it would be offered here and they said no. That is a nice car and was my first choice. I suspect the Thai market is more family oriented in terms of vehicles and that is what sells.

I did see a Civic coupe a few weeks ago but obviously an import and no telling what that costs.

Edited by tywais

Why doesn't Thailand get the coupe version of the Accord? I think it would be a pretty big seller here... (or the Civic coupe for that matter)

I'ts a matter of what they think the market will support. I also would like to see the Civic coupe here also, but alas. When I saw the new Mazda6 I kept contacting the Mazda dealers to see if it would be offered here and they said no. That is a nice car and was my first choice. I suspect the Thai market is more family oriented in terms of vehicles and that is what sells.

I did see a Civic coupe a few weeks ago but obviously an import and no telling what that costs.

Well that depends :o if its the latest generation Civic then yes your right. However they did sell the Civic coupe here 2 generations ago (I think 3/4 years ago). My thai counterpart at work owns one and told me they launched as a special edition limited run as an official import at just over a million baht. :D

Well that depends :o if its the latest generation Civic then yes your right. However they did sell the Civic coupe here 2 generations ago (I think 3/4 years ago). My thai counterpart at work owns one and told me they launched as a special edition limited run as an official import at just over a million baht. :D

Yeah, you're right, I've seen that edition civic coupe around too... usually in blue. Shame the new Civic isn't offered in a coupe, as the look is pretty nice for the price, and it's less of a 'family' car than the accord, so I would assume there would be buyers.

Well, Honda thinks there won't. There are not going to set up a whole new body production for a few customers, and they won't import it either.

Import taxes really limit people's choices here, and allows car-makers to be complacent. They virtually kill any competition.