Bangkok - Hong Kong 6,500B Return

ryro88

Bangkok - Hong Kong is an overly populated route...... So many carriers and competition, 5-8k baht is about the normal range.... I always use kayak with good results.

*Edited for spelling.

Edited by tjhorner

Orient Thai....I seem to remember one parked at Udon Thani minus a few engines...think there was some case involving taxes paid on the engines...something to that effect...Air asia departs out of Don Muang and offers meals(not free) which I wouldn't advise you also usually board a bus to get to the plane and pay extra for baggage and if overweight on your return they charge thru the nose....I was overweight by 5 kilos on return from Shenzhen once and had to leave my family in the departure lounge and go reverse through security to find they do not exchange Thai money (had to pay in Yuan)at the foreign exchange in this teminal so had to hike it over to another main terminal building and find an ATM machine, my wife was worried as this process took 35 minutes or more.....Low-cost airlines sometimes cost more in the long run....we have booked on Emirates and the flight is about 8,500 total for a return flight with a 30kg baggage limit meals onboard as well as 1,500 channels of video and it departs out of Suvarnabhumi which has much better facilities than Don Muang no taking an overcrowded sweaty bus to the aircraft. For me the extra expense of 2,000 baht for a flight which provides all the extras including a quiet ride in the A-380 is well worth it.

Edited by richardshane
  • Like 1

I would not use AA again I obeject to companies that are set up only to rip people off look for a better airline to travel with

When I've used them they've always had the best prices, and the service has always been good as well. How exactly are they ripping people off by providing a good service at competitive prices?

I would not use AA again I obeject to companies that are set up only to rip people off look for a better airline to travel with

AirAsia is the fastest growing airline in the world. There are obviously a lot of idiots out there who enjoy being ripped off. Masochists.

AirAsia is the fastest growing airline in the world. There are obviously a lot of idiots out there who enjoy being ripped off. Masochists.

Air Asia isn't even in the top 10 of the world's fastest growing airlines. Based on 2011-12 figures, Spanish airline Vueling is the world's fastest growing airline, with passenger numbers up 40.4%.

I booked a so called free flight to Vetnam but for my own reasons could not make the trip so applied for a refund of airport tax after several attemps was told in the end that my time had expired Try getting a refund from them & look at the prices you are charged for meals & over weight luggage then compair prices with others to see how much you are riped off by AA

I booked a so called free flight to Vetnam but for my own reasons could not make the trip so applied for a refund of airport tax after several attemps was told in the end that my time had expired Try getting a refund from them & look at the prices you are charged for meals & over weight luggage then compair prices with others to see how much you are riped off by AA

I always compare total cost of flights and AA have come out cheaper when I've used them. Sometimes other airlines are cheaper, so I use those instead. All airlines have different prices. I don't think you can say you're being ripped off if you check the price and then willingly pay it. AA prices seem pretty reasonable to me. If they were a rip-off, then they wouldn't be so popular.

Meals aren't too expensive either. Only a few dollars for a hot meal. As for luggage, just pay upfront for what you plan to have. My luggage has been a little overweight a few times and they didn't charge me extra. They even checked in an extra bag for free once.

Bottom line is that if you think they're a rip-off, then don't use them. Those, like me, that are happy with them can continue to use them. That way we're all happy. No-one is forcing you to use them. It's your choice.