Self-styled 'online astrologer' in Bangkok accused of sexual assault

webfact

'Online Astrologer' Accused Of Sexual Assault

By Khaosod Online

sex.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The police have arrested a self-styled astrologer who allegedly lured his victim to a private ceremony at a motel room in suburban Bangkok and raped her there.

Speaking at a press conference, Pol.Col. Chotiwat Luengwilai said the police received a complaint from a 20 year old woman that she met with Mr. Pakin Thanawaswong, 32, who claimed to be an online astrologer, for a fortune reading at a shopping mall in Pin Klao district.

According to the victim, Mr. Pakin charged her 2,000 baht for the fee and told her that her reading portended a great calamity which could only be exorcised in a private ceremony at a secluded location. Mr. Pakin then allegedly suggested they meet in a motel room nearby.

When the victim arrived, Pol.Col. Chotiwat said, Mr. Pakin lit the incenses, prayed, and convinced the woman to strip naked so he could put magical wax on her. Once the victim complied, the suspect allegedly raped her and stole cash of 2,000 baht from the victim before he fled the scene.

The police eventually arrested Mr. Pakin on 10 October after the victim collaborated with the police and told him to meet her for another fortune reading at the shopping mall. He admitted to the police he had committed the crime in this manner for five times, changing his names after each crime.

Police investigation into his bank account reveals that he charges his victims 500-2,000 baht for the fortune reading.

Pol.Col. Chotiwat said the citizens should be cautious when communicating with strangers on the internet, as they might have ill intention and lure the unsuspecting victims into crimes. He also urged other victims of Mr. Pakin to contact the police and press charges against the man.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE1UWTFORGMwTlE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-10-14

Conflicting story

He said he stole 2000 baht and run away when the price for this so called ceremony was 2000 baht

Maybe forgot to give her a receipt

I am sorry but this woman came to his room out of her own will

Rape is very hard to prove your innocents and very easy to set someone up

Not as if there are normally whiteness or CCTV when u have sex with a partner

She was probably robbed of her innocents

Or maybe her boyfriend found out

Be interesting how this plays out as if she was really raped then she would want justice if not then she shall

Want money to drop the charges

Worth a try!!

So tonight I am going to put on my astrologer-hat before hitting the bars.

So instead of barfining, the lady will pay me 2000 for me to put my "magical wax" on her!whistling.gif

This guy is pure genius!!clap2.gif

actually it show the bizarr brain development of some local females.

• Like 1

well when the airport authorities hold demon chasing ceremonies to reduce 'accidents' ... one should not be too surprised by Thai gullibility ... and maybe he will just be charged with male prostitution....that's a good rate at 2000bht a pop and no bar fine I presume

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

Conflicting story

He said he stole 2000 baht and run away when the price for this so called ceremony was 2000 baht

Be interesting how this plays out as if she was really raped then she would want justice if not then she shall

Not conflicting at all. He admitted that he'd committed the alleged offence and had done it several times previously. As for final sentence in your banal post, that is just your ridiculous reasoning.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, when something like 90% of the Thai population believes in superstition...as this young lady obviously did, these incidents will continue.

There must be dozens...or maybe hundreds of similar happenings such as this, each month, year....whatever.

Maybe he wanted to break out his "crystal balls" to finish the seance......covering her 20 year old body with magical "wax".....

I worked in the wrong industry.....

Edited by pgrahmm

I don't get some of you guys in here.

this man raped 5 women. these are non consensual acts in case you don't understand the concept of rape. the planning and artifice in his deception makes him worthy of very severe treatment by the courts if indeed he is guilty.

making light of this, joking, blaming the victim is reprehensible you foolish men...I hope that if you are ever the victim of such evil, your macho posturing and compassionless howls, your sterile shrill cries for help, go unnoticed.

Somehow I missed the 5 rape part - I retract ANY levity with regard to this topic/news item/thread...May he get every punishment he deserves.....

Conflicting story

Lets of course completely ignore his confession in this and 5 other instances.... a$$hole

Who u calling and arse holes or he person that done it

If u r calling th me an arse hole then I really hope i never get falsely charge or have accusations made

You don't know what happened only what u read. Which is what makes papers So dangerous

Problem is that I used to believe what I read until I see a story that was complete lies and contradictions and not only in thailand

Plus i had a mate falsely accused of rap

It was not him because the whiteness found the right man later on he just looked like the man hey we're looking for and was arrested

The story was all over th uk local paper

He had a break down due to he people thinking no people with out fire

Anyway the real man was caught and sent to jail the victim that was falsely charged and forced to give semen samples went to a mental hospital never been the same since

this man raped 5 women. these are non consensual acts in case you don't understand the concept of rape. the planning and artifice in his deception makes him worthy of very severe treatment by the courts if indeed he is guilty.

making light of this, joking, blaming the victim is reprehensible you foolish men...I hope that if you are ever the victim of such evil, your macho posturing and compassionless howls, your sterile shrill cries for help, go unnoticed.

No pretending to be someone u r not is all part of chatting up ladies

I cannot see the point in he story where it says he forced her down and raped her

As for the other cases how do u know hat some other ladies he has slept with have not smelt money and all jumped on the band wagon

U have to keep open mind

It is not like people ever et stitched up do they

Not saying he is innocent but just because someone is accused does not mean they did it

And just because he signed a confession I questionable

Somehow I missed the 5 rape part - I retract ANY levity with regard to this topic/news item/thread...May he get every punishment he deserves.....

So he just randomly admitted it or did they 5 other people just pop up from somewhere

Do u need a license do be a fortune teller ?

Worth a try!!

So instead of barfining, the lady will pay me 2000 for me to put my "magical wax" on her!whistling.gif

actually it show the bizarr brain development of some local females.

"some" ??????

Worth a try!!

You'd have a decent chance if you spoke thai well enough as to evoke her superstitious concerns and hopes. Also being 32, slim, and reasonably decent looking would help also.

Which of the above criteria do you possess?

Conflicting story

Lets of course completely ignore his confession in this and 5 other instances.... a$$hole

I don't like your tone I just giving my opinion

Not saying it is ok to rape women just saying thst people love jumping to conclusions

Don't call me ab arse hole

Okay...so he tricked her and then took money from her and than raped her!

He is a scumbag!

...and usually this would be the end of the story for me, as I usually feel with the victim...as I do in this case, but.....

If you believe in ghosts and spirits and voodoo and mambo jambo and you are so gullible, I find it just a tiny bit harder to feel pitty for her!

Conflicting story

Excuse me?

Since when has consenting to go to a room, consenting to have sex?

That's sick!

Conflicting story

Excuse me?

Since when has consenting to go to a room, consenting to have sex?

That's sick!

From the news it did not look like she was dragged there kicking and screaming

U never know one day u may be accused of rape and be innocent then u can call your self an arse hole