Where to buy toslink to mini jack cable

gatsby32

I'm looking to buy a toslink optical audio to minijack / miniplug cable. I have no idea where to get this kind of thing in Chiang Mai. Anybody have a suggestion on where to look?

I'm also looking for a ceiling mount for my epson ex7200 projector but ill post another thread about that if no easy answers here.

Thank you!

I spent quite some time a few months ago searching for such a cable in Chiang Mai but didn't find one. What I ended up doing was going to eBay Australia to order an adapter which was sent from Hong Kong with free postage. With the adapter you can then use a normal toslink cable which are freely available in Chiang Mai.

It takes a long time to arrive here by post. I just ordered another 2 adapters from eBay Australia yesterday so if you want to buy one from me I can sell it as it was to be a spare. However, it will probably take 20 to 30 days to get here.

TosLink-F to Mini-M 3.5 mm Adapter

post-99062-0-91314600-1381857508_thumb.j

Indeed eBay as I doubt you will find it here. But 20-30 days by post? I just got a package from Australia. Took about 9 days to get here. You could also find it in Bangkok and order it on-line.

It depends how much you want to pay. Since I have much more time than money I go for the cheaper price.

The two items shown below both originate in China, but one is shipped from Australia and the other is shipped from China. The total price (adaptor plus postage) from Australia is $10.90 AUD while the one shipped from China has a total price of $1.29. The one from Australia takes 9-10 days and the one from China can take up to 30 days.

Click on each of the thumbnails below to compare

Shipped from Australia

post-99062-0-12398200-1381862266_thumb.j

Shipped from China

post-99062-0-92305400-1381862341_thumb.j

You could try Amorn next to Computer Plaza on the north side of the moat or OK computer in any of the three computer centres along that side, best is in Computer City the one nearest RAM hospital because it is the largest store.

Wow you guys are awesome. I checked amorn at icon near the north moat but they don't have that cable nor a useful employee, apparently. Ill check the other amorn my friend told me about and think through the other options.

Ordering from Bangkok would be fine but couldn't find any matches when searching English terms and site:.th in google. Any recommendations on where to mail order in Thailand?

Thanks for the projector suggestion! Ill check Siam tv tomorrow.

Edited by gatsby32

I think the next best Amorn is at Big C Hang Dong road although worth checking at Big C superhighway too.

In the area not far from Worarwot market there are a few electronics shops.. If you're coming from the eastern side of the moat and head down Chiang Moi road (next to Mike Burger), on the right hand side before you reach the shop with all the motorbike helmets there is an electronics shop that sell various types of cables. After that if you keep going to the next main junction and turn left then you will find another few shops, the one on the corner of a soi just after Kasem store is pretty good. I sometimes buy electronic components there.

• Like 1

As they do every year, Amorn is taking inventory. There is hardly anything available at any of the stores at the moment. As each year passes, they add more and more junk, sweets, etc. and less electronics occupy the floor space. I seldom find anything I'm looking for there anymore. But I always use their large repair center located behind Icon Plaza (near the elevator that goes to Fitness Thailand). I think they do great work.

For electronics, electronic components, a much better option is Kitti and one other store right near it in the Talaat Thanin area of Chang Phueak, the Ham Shop behind Wat Phra Singh, or the 2 or 3 shops right near Kasem Chang Moi. If you can't find what you are looking for there, you can get it in Bangkok 100%. Some vendors will ship your items to you by post.

Edited by elektrified