A new reason to jail Thais for thought crime?

webfact

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that kind of law could just about cover anything,they can

bend the law to say what ever they want,dangerous times in

Thailand,where you could get 2 years and a fine just for thinking.

and at a time when the local despot regime, Burma is freeing its

political prisoners.

Regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

comparable with don't say "brown bag" in Seattle, as it is 'racist' and you'll be fined.

Ultimately, the general public is responsible to take a stand against these outrageous regulations, otherwise they'll be passed. You only get what you fight for.

Sad part is, the uninformed general public here will not notice all the legislation passed until its already too late.

comparable with don't say "brown bag" in Seattle, as it is 'racist' and you'll be fined.

Ultimately, the general public is responsible to take a stand against these outrageous regulations, otherwise they'll be passed. You only get what you fight for.

Sad part is, the uninformed general public here will not notice all the legislation passed until its already too late.

"brown bag" is racist? w00t.gif

Exactly...it was never even perceived as such, or ever used, according to anyone I ever talked to. Easy to see, these types of legislation are a soft way to see the reaction and effect when they implement steps to take away your freedoms.

• Like 1

Where are the strong PTP and Thaksin supporters, now?

I would like to hear the explanation why this is good for Thailand and Democracy.

Well clearly it's not. But this is basically what the yellow shirts and democrats wanted as well.

"But this is basically what the yellow shirts and democrats wanted as well.

What has the past to do with the future?

• Like 1

Exactly...it was never even perceived as such, or ever used, according to anyone I ever talked to. Easy to see, these types of legislation are a soft way to see the reaction and effect when they implement steps to take away your freedoms.

In German speaking countries we have to change names of dishes, that exist since centuries, because now they got racist.

Some spicy versions of food called "Gypsy Schnitzel" is now racist. But strangely the "Viennese Schnitzel" (or Frankfurter sausage or German sausage or Swedish Meatballs) are not.

I would like to hear the explanation why this is good for Thailand and Democracy.

Well clearly it's not. But this is basically what the yellow shirts and democrats wanted as well.

Must I really be forced to trot out the truism 'those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it'?huh.png

• Like 2

I'm not defending PTP policies. Just stating that if the opposing party was in control today it would also suppress freedoms and introduce stricter laws exactly like this. Voting for the others only gets you more of the same.

PTP and Democrats only want power. Despite their names there is no political ideology behind these parties

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Like 2

Wife who has been moderately red all her life now says she wants a coup, and the sooner the better ! She, like many others who have been blinded by these Dictators for too long, is becoming a lot more savvy about what they are trying to do to the people of this country.

My own thoughts are that if this underlying dissent gathers pace in the coming decade this country is in line for a very big public uprising that is likely to reshape the future completely. The wheel always turns full circle.

• Like 1

The Democrats did nothing like that, or anything similar when they were in power.

So can you explain why this is something the Democrats wanted as well?

• Like 1

The Democrats did nothing like that, or anything similar when they were in power.

Highest number of lest majeste cases in decades.

Does that ring a bell?

• Like 1

Wife who has been moderately red all her life now says she wants a coup, and the sooner the better ! She, like many others who have been blinded by these Dictators for too long, is becoming a lot more savvy about what they are trying to do to the people of this country.

My own thoughts are that if this underlying dissent gathers pace in the coming decade this country is in line for a very big public uprising that is likely to reshape the future completely. The wheel always turns full circle.

The Thai people have been bulleid by these politicians for generations.

The wheel will turn full circle even if it's a boxpok. wink.png

Highest number of lest majeste cases in decades.

Does that ring a bell?

No it doesn't.

Which bell should it ring? The Democrats didn't make any lese majeste law. The Democrats did sue in masses. The Democrats didn't try to control the courts.

It is more that the reds run amok during that time.

While I don't like the lese majeste law, several of these cases would be also at court in Germany, USA or any other western country.....

The only thing the Democrats were wrong, they didn't repair the law...they did nothing.

Which bell should it ring? The Democrats didn't make any lese majeste law. The Democrats did sue in masses. The Democrats didn't try to control the courts.

While I don't like the lese majeste law, several of these cases would be also at court in Germany, USA or any other western country.....

Oh yeah I forgot about all those Lese Majeste cases that are happening at the courts all across the USA. I heard Texas is trying to make it punishable by death penalty.

• Like 2

Oh yeah I forgot about all those Lese Majeste cases that are happening at the courts all across the USA. I heard Texas is trying to make it punishable by death penalty.

Highest number of blocked internet- pages?

No?

Okay...angelic DEMS, devilish PTP!

Got it!

• Like 1