Bangkok residents 'want Urupong protest stopped'

webfact

One is led to wonder just where or what this might lead to ?

A dangerous precedent could be set and it could well be the fuse to something very nasty blowing up in everyone's face irrespective of their political stance.

Indeed I am of the opinion it could well be the thin edge of the wedge concerning democracy.

Perhaps if the house registrations, business permits and the I.D. cards of those who are laying the complaint were made public we would be able to see whether this is a locally led movement by resident locals with their own local interests at heart or a P.T.P. and police inspired movement.

Or it could just be people making the complaints "with their own local interests at heart" as you so generously put it. You support the locals complaining about the UDD having their rallies (how many locals live in shopping malls anyway?) but now you decry others wishing to make complaints. Now that's pretzel logic for you! Not everything needs to be a conspiracy.

I don't know what pretzel logic is but I know red shirt logic when I see it.

The Red shirt protest in 2010 took in a complete area including Chidlom, Lang Suan, Rama iv, Petchburi Rd, Ratchadamri and Ploenchit as well as Ratchaprasong. Many people were prevented from not only getting to their homes & work but were subject to searches and violent scuffles. Far more were affected than in this case.

If their complainants are genuine, I sympathise with them but the BIB are not known for their neutrality.

The protest attracted a less subservient group because the ISA enforcement & 2,400 police to control 300 or so protestors was OTT big time. All the threats from the PTP & BIB backfired and this protest could have been prevented (& finished even now) by someone at a senior level in the BIB with negotiating skills - without any instructions from the PTP. Unfortunately most senior level BIBs have been appointed indirectly by the DL and are not there for their skills.

Really! Great, but this thread is about "Bangkoks residents want Urupong protest stopped". I unfortunately answered one of Siampolees flights of fantasy about the thin of the wedge of democracy whereas really it's just about some local residents complaining about an illegal rally. So don't get snookered in.............Oh it's too late.

A dangerous precedent could be set and it could well be the fuse to something very nasty blowing up in everyone's face irrespective of their political stance.

Indeed I am of the opinion it could well be the thin edge of the wedge concerning democracy.

Perhaps if the house registrations, business permits and the I.D. cards of those who are laying the complaint were made public we would be able to see whether this is a locally led movement by resident locals with their own local interests at heart or a P.T.P. and police inspired movement.

Or it could just be people making the complaints "with their own local interests at heart" as you so generously put it. You support the locals complaining about the UDD having their rallies (how many locals live in shopping malls anyway?) but now you decry others wishing to make complaints. Now that's pretzel logic for you! Not everything needs to be a conspiracy.

The Red shirt protest in 2010 took in a complete area including Chidlom, Lang Suan, Rama iv, Petchburi Rd, Ratchadamri and Ploenchit as well as Ratchaprasong. Many people were prevented from not only getting to their homes & work but were subject to searches and violent scuffles. Far more were affected than in this case.

If their complainants are genuine, I sympathise with them but the BIB are not known for their neutrality.

The protest attracted a less subservient group because the ISA enforcement & 2,400 police to control 300 or so protestors was OTT big time. All the threats from the PTP & BIB backfired and this protest could have been prevented (& finished even now) by someone at a senior level in the BIB with negotiating skills - without any instructions from the PTP. Unfortunately most senior level BIBs have been appointed indirectly by the DL and are not there for their skills.

Really! Great, but this thread is about "Bangkoks residents want Urupong protest stopped". I unfortunately answered one of Siampolees flights of fantasy about the thin of the wedge of democracy whereas really it's just about some local residents complaining about an illegal rally. So don't get snookered in.............Oh it's too late.

Yes it's too late and more than half my post was about the 'illegal' rally in case you missed that part.

There's no 'fantasy' about the lack of a single standard by the BIB and PTP. The latter are continuing their attacks on the Bangkok governor (see the Bangkok Post) for 'supporting' the protestors when he has done nothing of the sort. They didn't attack him when the same humanitarian facilities were supplied to the red shirt 'rally' (riots & protest).

The locals should be complaining about the PTP idiots who turned a small, insignificant protest into a much bigger issue.

Meanwhile in Chiang Mai, over 1,000 corn growers continued their demonstration at the Mae Chaem district office for a second day yesterday.

They called on the government to buy their crops at a rate of Bt7 per kg and Bt9 per kg for corn of 30-per-cent and 14.5-per-cent moisture respectively. They threatened to protest at the Chiang Mai provincial hall if their demand was not met by today.

We hear nothing about this in Chiang Mai, PTP controls the press. We vacationed in Samui a few weeks ago, my wife told me that the news coverage is completely different in the south. I was surprised, i guess i shouldn't have been, i've been here long enough to know better.

I suggest you check out the Fortnightly Chiang Mail Mail Front Page, for the edition dated October 6th-19th (below).

2,000 corn farmers block City Hall

n1corn.jpg

More than 2,000 corn farmers blockaded City Hall on October 1 as they

awaited a Cabinet decision on fixing corn prices.

"Over 2,000 corn farmers from Mae Chaem blocked the four entrances of City Hall on Tuesday October, 1, 2013 at 6:30 a.m. saying they would not disperse until the Thai Cabinet announced their decision on fixing the price of corn..........................

................Later in the day the Cabinet approved a budget of 2,300 million baht to intervene in fixing corn prices at 7 to 9 baht per kilogram. The protesters left at 5:45 p.m. as their demands had been met.

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/current/news.shtml#hd1"

Cabinet approves corn pledging price of 9 baht per kilogram Published on October 3, 2013 by TFP · No Comments

BANGKOK, 2 October 2013 (NNT) â” The Cabinet has approved the pledging price of 9 baht per kilogram for corn. The price for corn with 30% moisture content has been set at 7 baht/kg, whereas corn with 15% moisture content will fetch 9 baht/kg. http://thaifinancialpost.com/2013/10/03/cabinet-approves-corn-pledging-price-of-9-baht-per-kilogram/

It turns out that you didn't know what was going on because you didn't look, not that the "PTP controls the press"

smile.png

Protest is the right of every person in Thailand.

When they are bankrolled by a slimy despot, that is.

And I see someone is trolling the site again, amazed he gets away with it. whistling.gif

You need to learn that someone having a different opinion to you and expressing it, is not trolling.

• Like 2

So what your really saying fab4 is that you want others to comment only on your selected item, and not allowed to give comprehensive comment.

I say again, you can't have it both ways. And be careful your own 'debating rules' might well bounce back on you!

Edited by scorecard

You need to learn that someone having a different opinion to you and expressing it, is not trolling.

Is that condescending comment your best reply sir ?

looks like fair comment, accurate and not in the least condescending .................

thailand, hub of protestors

what baffles me is that nobody in this country has the balls to start something to defend or fight for some FARANG rights...

You must be the right person for this new battle :)

Since you seem to have "the balls", do not hesitate to start to do "something". Many here will be grateful. :)

Regarding the Bangkok residents who want the Urupong protest to stop... If think they are right to complain. These protests must drive them crazy. A small bunch of noisy extremists with futile irrational demands should not be allowed to disturb the residents.

• Like 1

Regarding the Bangkok residents who want the Urupong protest to stop... If think they are right to complain. These protests must drive them crazy. A small bunch of noisy extremists with futile irrational demands should not be allowed to disturb the residents.

You forgot to add that a large group of very noisy and dangerous well paid/well armed terrorists should not be allowed to blockade the city for months on end and set fire to parts of it when they finally leave. But I am sure you meant that as well. whistling.gif

thailand, hub of protestors

what baffles me is that nobody in this country has the balls to start something to defend or fight for some FARANG rights...

You must be the right person for this new battle smile.png

Since you seem to have "the balls", do not hesitate to start to do "something". Many here will be grateful. smile.png

Keyboard balls...they don't get into a squeeze behind the safety online.

You forgot to add that a large group of very noisy and dangerous well paid/well armed terrorists should not be allowed to blockade the city for months on end and set fire to parts of it when they finally leave. But I am sure you meant that as well. whistling.gif

No no, I only meant the small groups with irrational demands. Not those with legitimate demands. :)

No no, I only meant the small groups with irrational demands. Not those with legitimate demands. smile.png

What is so legitimate in demanding that a legally elected PM step down.

No no, I only meant the small groups with irrational demands. Not those with legitimate demands. smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Oh, you mean legitimate demands like "We want this government unseated so that our employer, an on-the-run criminal, can take control. And we don't care how much damage we cause, how many Bangkok peoples' lives are disrupted, or how many people are put in danger, this is our demand."..................

If anything, your comments are good for a laugh ! Keep em' comin'............................clap2.gif

No no, I only meant the small groups with irrational demands. Not those with legitimate demands. smile.png

Precisely, it wouldn't be right to have to rely on the army in these situations whistling.gif

You forgot to add that a large group of very noisy and dangerous well paid/well armed terrorists should not be allowed to blockade the city for months on end and set fire to parts of it when they finally leave. But I am sure you meant that as well. Posted Image

No no, I only meant the small groups with irrational demands. Not those with legitimate demands. Posted Image

Sorry, I think we lost track.

- I do not think at all that it is legitimate to demand that this legally elected government and its PM step down.

- I do not think that the small groups of extremists who camp outside at the moment have a legitimate motive to protest, and I do think that they are a disturbance difficult to cope with for the people living around the area.

- I do think that the complain of the residents to the police to remove the protesters is legitimate.

- It's already an old story, but I do think that the previous, much much much bigger, protests against the Abhisit government were legitimate.

- I also do think that most on this forum do not agree with me, but this is just as usual :)

Sent from my iPhone...

Precisely, it wouldn't be right to have to rely on the army in these situations xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p

I love it when brainwashed red supporters bring up the subject of the army/coup etc. It reminds me of the fact that there was a bloodless coup in 2006, and how many lives were lost in the debacle of 2010.

One action was initiated by the army, the other by a heartless, greedy psychopath whose only interest was to rule Thailand with an iron glove and rip as much money out of the country as possible.

Please keep reminding me of the coup, it really does increase my disregard for your heartless hero, the crim who is too gutless to return to his own country to face charges. clap2.gif

• Like 2

Precisely, it wouldn't be right to have to rely on the army in these situations xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p

I love it when brainwashed red supporters bring up the subject of the army/coup etc. It reminds me of the fact that there was a bloodless coup in 2006, and how many lives were lost in the debacle of 2010.

One action was initiated by the army, the other by a heartless, greedy psychopath whose only interest was to rule Thailand with an iron glove and rip as much money out of the country as possible.

Please keep reminding me of the coup, it really does increase my disregard for your heartless hero, the crim who is too gutless to return to his own country to face charges. clap2.gif

Thats the absolute truth. Whether or not you want the army with an ability to toss people out or not; it was a much better option than tyranny and a dictatorship of murder, exploitation and fiefdom which was already in motion when the weasel fled with his tail between his little girly legs. Much better option than (more) bloodshed under this despot.

The Uropong protest must be allowed it is a small glimmer of light in these dark days. This little seed of a protest is growing and the shoots are spreading a little further each day. that is why the weedkiller of the I.S.A is being employed. However that little seed of protest and its shoots are becoming weed killer resistant, the foliage may well lookd dead but the roots are still stong and spreading.democracy will survive.much to te annoyance of the megalomaniac puppet master gardener.

Ever since Thaksins dark shadow fell upon Thailand and its peoples this country has been in an overcast daylight all at the behest of the puppet master his family and their brown nosing acolytes.

They have trampled on this country and its peoples in the relentless spread of nepotism, cronyism corruption along with an ongoing abuse of power linked to the manipulation of the judiciary.

Thaksin is the past sponsor of terror and the Red Shirts, they and he (Thaksin) have blood on their hands as do his family and their brown nosing acolytes.

They would do well to remember that every action has a consequence are they ready to pay their dues?

No, that is why they are imposing all the restrictions on any opposition to their plans for the total subjection of Thailand and its peoples.

The truth is that Thaksin and his ilk are starting to see the writing on the wall and they don't like what it says nor do they view the outcome of this and other growing protest movements and their consequences upon them as they fear the accountability process and its outcome. we have already seen the biggest culprit a convicted bail jumping felon and his reactions.

Frighted challenged bullies never stand their ground.

• Like 1

Hullo , this looks serious, corn farmers in Chiang Mai are getting restless , the Pandora's box is starting to rear it's ugly head, the PTP populist policies are now coming home to rest, you can fool people, some of the time, but not all of the time, if it's good enough for rice farmers, it's good enough for the rest, as for the protests in BKK , I would like to see who is complaining, there are some valid reasons ,there such as toilets etc , so maybe back at the park is not an unreasonable request, this needs to be sorted, without the response becoming a riot.coffee1.gif

ROOST! ROOST! Godammit. I understand that all posters are not not native English speakers, but c'MON.

AND 'Meanwhile in Chiang Mai, over 1,000 corn growers continued their demonstration at the Mae Chaem district office for a second day yesterday.

They called on the government to buy their crops at a rate of Bt7 per kg and Bt9 per kg for corn of 30-per-cent and 14.5-per-cent moisture respectively. They threatened to protest at the Chiang Mai provincial hall if their demand was not met by today.'

Proving you do actually reap what you sow. How Stupid is this farcical maladministration? Next!

Hullo , this looks serious, corn farmers in Chiang Mai are getting restless , the Pandora's box is starting to rear it's ugly head, the PTP populist policies are now coming home to rest, you can fool people, some of the time, but not all of the time, if it's good enough for rice farmers, it's good enough for the rest, as for the protests in BKK , I would like to see who is complaining, there are some valid reasons ,there such as toilets etc , so maybe back at the park is not an unreasonable request, this needs to be sorted, without the response becoming a riot.coffee1.gif

ROOST! ROOST! Godammit. I understand that all posters are not not native English speakers, but c'MON.

AND 'Meanwhile in Chiang Mai, over 1,000 corn growers continued their demonstration at the Mae Chaem district office for a second day yesterday.

They called on the government to buy their crops at a rate of Bt7 per kg and Bt9 per kg for corn of 30-per-cent and 14.5-per-cent moisture respectively. They threatened to protest at the Chiang Mai provincial hall if their demand was not met by today.'

Proving you do actually reap what you sow. How Stupid is this farcical maladministration? Next!

Chainarong must've gotten ahold of some of that heavy duty weed they talk about from Pai. If not stoned, then must've ingested a lot of brain cell depleting chemicals. Wow, blunder post of the year award.